Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

throttle delay

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I'm not really inclined to believe anything from those Honda guys, but I do believe some of the positive feedback coming from our own members here. I also saw the same positive feedback from folks at Club Scion tC. People report doing the mod, and then the throttle delay is greatly decreased or gone completely.

To me, it's simple logic: You have a problem, you do a modification, the problem is gone. Therefore, the modification solved the problem.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Simple logic is great and all but simple logic also says that Toyota would have proper grounds in the first place.

There's also that one would expect something to happen. No claims a huge difference; unless someone has something to back it up, I'm going to chalk it up to placebo.

But I'm no expert on electricals. Ask engifineer. He's an electrical engineer.

Besides, someone claimed the throttle delay went away after installing a header and an intake. That ought to tell you that either the "delay" is affected by other things than electrical factors, or that the "delay" is affected by our perception.

Running a grounding kit won't hurt anything unless you ground the wrong thing to the wrong thing. Just don't spend like, 100 bucks for a bunch of wires you can get for cheap. If I had some extra cash and free time I might go out and make my own kit but otherwise, nope.

Although for what it's worth, worst case is nothing happens, best case is the delay goes away, or somewhere in between: if your placebo kills the delay then it's just as good as gone. It won't hurt to try.