Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TPS Reading at Idle Question / Running ZEX N2O 65shot

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 03:55 AM

Default TPS Reading at Idle Question / Running ZEX N2O 65shot

Hey long time reader new poster, I cant find the answer to to my question so I figured Id ask. I'm having issues with my nitrous kit. (I installed it, & have had it bench tested by ZEX since the first instal but I'm still having issues. The solenoids kick in when the peddal is at 2/3-3/5 to the floor. IS anyone else having this or Do I have a bad TPS?)
Hey guys, I have an '09 tC RS 5.0:W/ Crank LW Pulley, CAI, CAT back, AEM F/IC and 93 pump tune ZEX Wet KIt and ZEX TC Window Switch
I'm running a ZEX nitrous kit on a 65 shot w/ tune and 1 range colder ZEX plugs. I have an Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge. (for those who don't know) The ZEX kit works based on the TPS sensor being at WOT. On my scan gauge reads my TPS is at 17 at idle. From what I've read on other forums (mustang only) the TPS should read at 0. MY question is do I have a faulty TPS or should I move the TPS (white wire) to the TPS wire inside the car vs. the TPS on the TB? I know there's two TPS wire on the TB & I have it wired to the correct wire per ZEX instruction. WOT has never read 100... Is it always at 17 or is my TPS bad?
Old 03-24-2014, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think that sounds about right for idle. I also run a scan gauge and have never seen the TPS go above 80 at WOT.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think the drive by wire will ever let you truly see full WOT. But as far as a fix for your problem goes, this is beyond my realm of knowledge. You should definitely meet up with me though! I am in Grand Rapids. Do you get your tuning done at Force?
Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 PM

That's the same for my WOT too, I misspoke, the NMU reads the voltage & the WOT reading 80 the voltage is supposed to be at its highest. (the NMU thinks its 100%) its only suppose to kick on when the pedal is to the floor. The problem being that it kicks in too soon, so I thought it might be w/ the TPS Zex suggested I re-locate the wire to inside the car v. Off the TB wire & hard wire it there. I'm not even sure where that TPS wire is though, I think its in the kick panel box / OBDII connector, but idk which one. The car is still in storage since there's still snow on the ground here cpl more weeks
Old 03-31-2014, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill be installing my N2MB WOT box in a few weeks and I am pretty sure that involves splicing into the TPS wire at the pedal. Ill keep you posted then maybe I can just show you where it is.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
Ill be installing my N2MB WOT box in a few weeks and I am pretty sure that involves splicing into the TPS wire at the pedal. Ill keep you posted then maybe I can just show you where it is.
Yeah that'd be cool, thanks...
I just helped a friend of mine install one of those on a '98 cobra, the instructions weren't the clearest. On cobra's that's wired in under the hood. Just curious what are you planning on setting it up to launch at? Those things are pretty bad-___, a little nerve racking trying it out for the first time but they work awesome on high hp cars.
I was just down at TX2K14 in Houston, insane amount of money down there, check out there videos on YouTube by; 1320 videos or by Mexico racing league...upgrades worth more than tC's new lol
Old 03-31-2014, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TX2K14 is a sight to see, several of the Porches down there are tuned by the tuner I go to. Garth Ruggie @ Undercoverperformance.

I'll be running a 100-125 shot this spring from wizardsofnos. (Built head and block)
https://www.noswizard.com/car-nitrou...rous-kits.html

Will be controlled through proEFI and spray on E85.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Johnnyaf87
TX2K14 is a sight to see, several of the Porches down there are tuned by the tuner I go to. Garth Ruggie @ Undercoverperformance.

I'll be running a 100-125 shot this spring from wizardsofnos. (Built head and block)
https://www.noswizard.com/car-nitrou...rous-kits.html

Will be controlled through proEFI and spray on E85.
Yeah it was the first time I've gone, its pretty awesome
Have you already done an E85 conversion? I've looked into it briefly but from what I've read the gain makes it worth it.. what all do you need to do it? Injectors, FIC tune & a bigger fuel pump?
Old 03-31-2014, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Talkshow
Yeah it was the first time I've gone, its pretty awesome
Have you already done an E85 conversion? I've looked into it briefly but from what I've read the gain makes it worth it.. what all do you need to do it? Injectors, FIC tune & a bigger fuel pump?
If you just plan on running straight E85 yes. Just need injectors rated 30% higher then stock, get it tunned, and a fuel pump that is ethonal safe, though I think most fuel pumps are these days.
The system I have to run it is a flexfuel setup from proEFI so I can run pump gas and E85 anytime and it'll adjust fuel and timing according to ethonal content.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Talkshow
Yeah that'd be cool, thanks...
I just helped a friend of mine install one of those on a '98 cobra, the instructions weren't the clearest. On cobra's that's wired in under the hood. Just curious what are you planning on setting it up to launch at? Those things are pretty bad-___, a little nerve racking trying it out for the first time but they work awesome on high hp cars.
I was just down at TX2K14 in Houston, insane amount of money down there, check out there videos on YouTube by; 1320 videos or by Mexico racing league...upgrades worth more than tC's new lol
I have no idea what I am going to launch at. To be honest, I dont think I will use the two step for more than blasting it in the parking garages With street tires, I plan on using it mostly for the no lift shifting to keep boost up between gears. I might get a set of slicks to take advantage of the two step later this summer. Otherwise, if I actually use it to launch, ill play around with it and see what it likes.

In regards to Ethanol in the Tc, I dont think the FIC will allow you to PROPERLY run ethanol. I dont think you can get the partial throttle tuned into the AFR range that alcohol likes. You should post up some info for your proEFI system. If it is in the FIC pricerange it would be a good alternative for people like us Michiganders to run E85 all year.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
You should post up some info for your proEFI system. If it is in the FIC pricerange it would be a good alternative for people like us Michiganders to run E85 all year.
http://proefi.com/info/applications/scion/tc-xb/

http://proefi.com/info/product-list/ecus/

I run the pro48 box