Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD Exhaust ticket CA [Update]

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by twegtC
Cops out here are absurd.. I moved out here from Ohio about 4 years ago, and its crazy to be honest. Last new years eve I was pulled over 4 times in the 2 mile drive home from work (I'm a bartender). So while being harassed and sobriety checked for smelling like booze (I don't even drink). Cop notices my exhaust tsudo catback.. makes me start my car so he can hear it. So I go start it up, and he claims he has a decibel meter.. so he's standing behind my car with what looks like an ink pen, while some drunk driver jerk nearly runs him over.. At that point all I could do was say "glad to see our tax dollars hard at work". Cop shot me a dirty look told me to go the f__k home, and went back to his cruiser to chase down the drunk. I mean I did some really dumb stuff in Ohio when I was young and got plenty of tickets for my behavior.. but out here it seems way way overkill for absolutely nothing! I'm glad you won your case.. when I get ticketed for mine which I know eventually I will. All of you have given me some great ideas for fighting it.
Wow dude i understand that feeling when you cant do nothing to a officer for being rude ect. California has it tough when it comes to cops enforcing the laws. Thank you, But yeah hopefully you dont get the ticket but if you do, i would suggest switching to the TRD which is book legal. Like they told me, if the exhaust makes noise and its legal or not legal, the cops will always harass you for it.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by twegtC
Cops out here are absurd.. I moved out here from Ohio about 4 years ago, and its crazy to be honest. Last new years eve I was pulled over 4 times in the 2 mile drive home from work (I'm a bartender). So while being harassed and sobriety checked for smelling like booze (I don't even drink). Cop notices my exhaust tsudo catback.. makes me start my car so he can hear it. So I go start it up, and he claims he has a decibel meter.. so he's standing behind my car with what looks like an ink pen, while some drunk driver jerk nearly runs him over.. At that point all I could do was say "glad to see our tax dollars hard at work". Cop shot me a dirty look told me to go the f__k home, and went back to his cruiser to chase down the drunk. I mean I did some really dumb stuff in Ohio when I was young and got plenty of tickets for my behavior.. but out here it seems way way overkill for absolutely nothing! I'm glad you won your case.. when I get ticketed for mine which I know eventually I will. All of you have given me some great ideas for fighting it.
I have had the Tsuda axle back exhaust before. I dont think you could win your case against the cops when it comes to that exhaust because it isnt sold from a dealership like the TRD axle back exhaust. Speculating of course.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While I was getting pulled over for my AP exhaust. I got asked to get out of my car and told to sit on the side of the road. I was getting drug searched.

Okay, 1st all. I have no criminal record whatsover. Two traffic tickets within four year driving period. Not even parking tickets (we have alternate parking during winter months for street parking, very easy to get nailed. Always followed that rule.)

To top it off, I work for a company that has much strict rule than OSHA does on drugs. I can walk in there anytime and get sent to get tested without warning. Everyone who works at the company knows its not the worth the risk. Hell, I don't even drink!

When people meet me face to face; you can straight out tell I've been type of teenager who got straight A's & was always at school or only skipped during senior skip day.

These are the reasons if I ever see a cop stranded or in danger as I drive by. I'm going to keep on going without calling 911. They want to harass people who have no criminal record as priority than helping people who are in need for help. I lost count on how many times I see cops who turned on their lights then drive through the red light and I watch in the rearview mirror their lights are turned off. So they can avoid waiting at the stoplight.

I'm probably going to say there's probably more of me with that same theory.

-------
I just ordered another TRD exhaust. And I found all the important documents for the binder. So we'll see how this goes.