Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:18 AM

Default TRD parts

im thinking about putting performance parts in my car, but i want to go with TRD parts because they dont void warranty. any comments on which TRD parts are good, which TRD parts are busts? and what should i get first? i want to get as much horsepower/torque as i can while steering clear of the supercharger for right now. thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

do a search first for warranty, then, if u still want TRD parts, do a search on TRD parts.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your warranty is only voided if aftermarket parts are responsible for the failure of factory equipment.

the only good trd parts are the lowering springs and shocks. the rear sway bar is good, but the hotchkis front and rear are way better, trust me, i've had both. and if you just want a good increase power, the supercharger is okay.

the cold air intake is great, i love it and think it is the best one on the market for the tc, granted it is the most expensive, but it is the best between what i have and what i've seen.

trd exhaust sounds awesome, but it doesn't actually give you any horsepower gains. the better choice would be a real full exhaust.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
your warranty is only voided if aftermarket parts are responsible for the failure of factory equipment.

the only good trd parts are the lowering springs and shocks. the rear sway bar is good, but the hotchkis front and rear are way better, trust me, i've had both. and if you just want a good increase power, the supercharger is okay.

the cold air intake is great, i love it and think it is the best one on the market for the tc, granted it is the most expensive, but it is the best between what i have and what i've seen.

trd exhaust sounds awesome, but it doesn't actually give you any horsepower gains. the better choice would be a real full exhaust.
U always spoil the fun of the button search.

Anyway, I think TRD parts are overpriced.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know, i do usually tell people to search, and then post an answer to their question anyway. to be honest the search engine could use some tweaking sometimes.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 AM

well i had talked to the scion dealer in my area and they said that if you buy a TRD part and have them install it, it will keep the warranty on the car and the warranty on the part. i would go with other parts but i just feel that it isnt worth it to void the warranty. thanks for the info on the intake, i wasnt too sure about that. how about the performance air filters? those supposedly add some hp as well and they arent too expensive. are there any other parts that TRD makes that are worth looking into that dont necessarily deal with performance? like the brake pads or something? just curious. thanks for the reply.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just remember, you don't have to buy the trd parts from the dealership, they will over charge you. go to www.trdsparks.com or mcgeorgeparts.com and order parts from them. you can have the dealership then install them.

also note, some trd parts aren't covered by any warranty. one is the trd cold air intake actually doesn't have a warranty because it is classified as an off-road part and not for street use.

drop in air filters don't add any hp. with performance, you get what you paid for, a cheap air filter replacement ain't gonna do jack $h!t.

trd only has trd front brake pads which aren't much of an upgrade. you would be better off getting something like a stoptech stage 2 upgrade kit. it is slotted rotors and pads with stainless steel lines and dot4 brake fluid.

you can replace those without voiding any warranty really because brakes are a wear and tear part period. and nothing can go wrong with replacing those unless they aren't installed properly.