Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD SC Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default TRD SC Ordered

Our sponsor Keith Pierson Scion officially released the supercharger today. The southeast area was alotted 200 of the TRD SC's, and as of today 120 are sold to various dealers and people, etc. My friend ordered his yesterday, and will have it by next week. His tC will arrive that week as well, and if all goes well, he will have the 1st TRD SC tC in NE Fl!!...i Know some of you are going to post this is fake, etc....Rest assured i would not post it up if i was not sure it were tru!...He DID have to buy the SC seperate, and pay for install, but hes not to worried about it, he wanted a FI car cvrd by warranty. And he got it. YESSSSS(*ND*)!!!

I will DEF post pics of his tC and its following buil;d up the MOMENT he gets it!

C
Old 10-12-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I hope to see my box'o'goodies early next week, too. Will try to get it installed right away.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I work for Jim Norton Scion in Tulsa, Oklahoma and we ordered one for our tC demo lol. That way everyone can enjoy the SC when they test drive it lol. Good to know about it being here sometime next week and congrats to your friend!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

You guys beat me to it. I just got off the phone with TRD Sparks, putting in my order for the s/c . I was going to post that I ordered it, but you guys have beat me to it. All good, but yeah... Josh at TRD Sparks was extremely helpful. They are expecting theirs to come in on Friday, (Monday at the lastest). Then it will be enroute to my doorstep, arriving in about 3 days later. I'm trying to find a dealer in my area that will install for a reasonable price. Does anyone know if the install was officially booked for a certain amount of hours? I' ve "heard" it was booked for 4-5 hours, which should be < 500. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 10-12-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Don't pay more than $450/$475 - Toyco recommended labor charge is $450, I haggled my way down to $400. Also, make sure your dealer has the tools needed for the install. AFAIK, none of the dealers have yet received the tool kit for SC install. They need to actually order it - they do not automatically receive it from Toyco.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Glad to hear they are being shipped. A girl here in Louisville ordered hers when she recently bought the car. I will have to call her and go for a ride when its installed.

What specific tools do they need for the install? I have helped with a sc install in the past using basic tools from the tool box. I know you need a torque wrench for an important step.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

It's something they need to get from SPX - might be related to the ECM reflash, since it's not done via OBD2 like for some other applications.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I care about is someone getting a dyno reading with 'stock' parts and the SC. Lets see what these bad boys can really do.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I'd be all for it. Paypal me $1 for my SC Dyno fund

119 more people and we are set.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD

trdsparks.com has an installation document. It states that a TRD Data Transfer Device is necessary for the install.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

cool, glad to see its FINALLY here...haha...my boy has been waiting to order his tc for WEEKS NOW.......THANK YOU TRD!..lol..for letting us HANG for flippin a year! hahahahah

and yes the ECU needs to be flased for new fuel maps etc...this is not something i would attempt at home w basic tols, altho i would assume you prolly could do it...
Old 10-12-2005, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

awesome. heres a question...

can u buy the SC from sparks or mcgeorge, and have it installed by a dealer and its still covered under warranty correct? does it matter if you bought it from the same dealer that installs it?

i know if i get it through my dealer, it will cost more then i can get it from mcgeorge or sparks... but i wanna keep the warranrty
Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The warranty states the in order for it to be covered it has be "installed" by an authorized dealer. It doesn't say anything about where you bought it, although I'm sure the box needs to be still sealed.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Yes, you can get it from trdsparks.com and still keep your warranty. Plus you are saving $250 in tax, keep that in mind.

2 years ago I bought a SC from an online place like Sparks, and had it installed locally. Warranty was just as good as if I bought it from the local dealer, so order away! ;)
Old 10-12-2005, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thank ya much. ill be getting it from sparks or mcgeorge then

good thing is i still have a 10% off coupon from my dealer that im gonna use when it gets installed =]... probably wont be till next year when taxes come around....
Old 10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Lol, I've seen somebody trying to use a 10% off coupon on a SC. guess what happened. Parts manager came out and said "Um, this coupon is only for OEM Toyota parts, not TRD performance parts, sorry".
Old 10-12-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by zoltiz
Lol, I've seen somebody trying to use a 10% off coupon on a SC. guess what happened. Parts manager came out and said "Um, this coupon is only for OEM Toyota parts, not TRD performance parts, sorry".
but it will be for labor, not the part. I will save more than 10% if i buy it from sparks or mcgeorge.

so they cant fight me on using it for labor =]
Old 10-12-2005, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to mention, my dealer refuses to install parts that they don't supply.

They say they can't warranty work on parts that they have no control over.

I understand where they're coming from, they don't know if I've brought a cheap factory outlet version of SC, or a knock off Korean version.

Might be worth checking with your local dealers first.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

Can't wait till I slap this baby on! I thought this day would never come
Old 10-12-2005, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just called my local dealer and they said they couldn't give me any information on it and it was being sent to them in november???

Quick Reply: TRD SC Ordered