Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD SC Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Limey
Just to mention, my dealer refuses to install parts that they don't supply.

They say they can't warranty work on parts that they have no control over.

I understand where they're coming from, they don't know if I've brought a cheap factory outlet version of SC, or a knock off Korean version.

Might be worth checking with your local dealers first.
no way a dealer should REFUSE to install a sealed TRD Supercharger in a box...no way...it has no rhyme or reason to it...

find another dealer in your area if so!

C
Old 10-12-2005, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

big thumbs up for TRD
Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So how much for the s/c again?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand where they're coming from, they don't know if I've brought a cheap factory outlet version of SC, or a knock off Korean version.

WTF? if they refuse to install things like the trd charger they should be reported. as long as it is sealed? on the flipside what if you had another dealer install it in another state and moved local to them would they not do any warranty work because they didnt install it? they must all be if you have proof it was installed by toyota or is a actual toyota product the warranty should work at any dealership.... im not attacking you limey but greedy stealerships that try and make you order from them ____ me off
Old 10-12-2005, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Beantowntc

WTF? if they refuse to install things like the trd charger they should be reported. as long as it is sealed? on the flipside what if you had another dealer install it in another state and moved local to them would they not do any warranty work because they didnt install it? they must all be if you have proof it was installed by toyota or is a actual toyota product the warranty should work at any dealership.... im not attacking you limey but greedy stealerships that try and make you order from them ____ me off
ditto mang!

C
Old 10-12-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Beantowntc
im not attacking you limey but greedy stealerships that try and make you order from them ____ me off
Tell me about it.

This is the dealership that refused to install my tein s-techs (again I totally understand as they aren't OEM in anyway) and then tried to sell me the TRD Spring install for a grand cost of almost $900, I actually laughed down the phone, and then said ".....errmmm wait you're being serious aren't you...?!?!" the poor lady at the other end was just doing her job, she seemed somewhat surprised by my reaction.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

SC install labor quotes in Atlanta area range from $400 (a "nice guy" special at my local dealer) to $1800 at other places, so $900 springs is not surprising.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But we digress - just remember kidz check and double check and shop around.

back to our regularily scheduled programming...

....and I said, what I could get the S/c installed next Monday ! Boy, how we all laughed.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

So... of all the people that said they were gonna get the s/c. It appears only a few of us have ordered it. Anyone else gonna live up to their word? Mine should be at my door the middle of next week. The best price for install I found was 600 dollars. I should have mine installed by next weekend. I don't know of a dyno shop around where I live, but I'll be sure to give my first impressions of the highly anticipated supercharger. In other words, I'll give you all my butt dyno readings.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

niiice, I hope all of you people ordering superchargers get good results...lucky bastards
Old 10-13-2005, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome! I'm getting mine in March-May 06 range, because its almost winter, and I have other things to spend $ on, and I store my car....so I will get it after winter...

Cant wait to see some impressions of it....I hope my dealer installs one on a demo car , or can meetup with somebody who has it installed, so I can see what I think.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm savin money now~ man being a part time worker sucks but I guess I have no choice since i'm in college. But it seems about right cuz when I have saved up enough money in 2~3 months, I can also see some dyno result on the sc, then i can decide whether or not i want to get it.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by miraclecreator
I can also see some dyno result on the sc, then i can decide whether or not i want to get it.
exactly. I can keep my hopes up that its going to be awesome and under rated by what we've heard. But if all I hear is it sucks for $3000, and the dynos show it hardly adds anything...I prob will change my mind and just get all the simple bolt ons and thats it...

right now plan is, get a header, pop that on, get the supercharger, then the non restrictive s-pipe w/ full exhaust back....im anxious to see what kinda #'s a full system puts out...
Old 10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and btw everyone, this is IMPORTANT: I have just told by a close friend that works at toyota dealership and he said that for those who still are getting the s/c and installing them, if you still have the stock exhaust/muffler, you better upgrade it b/c according to some "result" or w/e they have tested, it shows that the stock exhaust/muffler isn't good enough to allow the air flows thru? I'm not sure about that part and dont understand much; however, i guess it makes sense to me that keeping the stock one will be kinda bad for the engine. This is just a little warning i have received and wish to share with anyone who's getting the s/c.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh and btw everyone, this is IMPORTANT: I have just told by a close friend that works at toyota dealership and he said that for those who still are getting the s/c and installing them, if you still have the stock exhaust/muffler, you better upgrade it b/c according to some "result" or w/e they have tested, it shows that the stock exhaust/muffler isn't good enough to allow the air flows thru? I'm not sure about that part and dont understand much; however, i guess it makes sense to me that keeping the stock one will be kinda bad for the engine. This is just a little warning i have received and wish to share with anyone who's getting the s/c.
It wont hert the engine to keep the the stock exhaust manifold and exhaust on (if it did, toyota wouldnt release it), it will simply restrict flow, there for limiting the HP/Torque you can possibably get with the SC.

adding an aftermarket header and full exhaust will free up the traveling path of the exhaust, there for making it easier for the SC to push out that exhaust... so basically, a full exhaust system will free up some ponies
Old 10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Seriously dude....you've posted this on at least three seperate threads....once is enough. Especially since, as more than one person has stated, these statements are incorrect. If you feel you *must* post the same info more than once, just post a link to the original post.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

gah hes just trying to help..he did state he wasnt sure that it was just a warning..no biggie, hes trying to be productive, as we all are...good lookin brother, but i think like stated, that it wil merely limit the amount of HP tot he ground
Old 10-13-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, do u have to attack me on every thread i post? I'm just trying to help ppl here and the reason why I post on couple similar threads is b/c not everyone has the time to read every thread about s/c and the reason I did not post a link is b/c most ppl find that more troublesome than reading it directly. It doesnt matter if u think u did attack me or not, this is just bothering so just stop it .
    Old 10-14-2005, 12:00 AM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

back to the boost? n e ways

Either way you have the exhaust it will still be kick butt.

I want to see some dynos and vids!
    Old 10-14-2005, 01:09 AM
    10 Year Member
    5 Year Member
    SL Member

i just feel bad that even with the s/c it seems like we are still not able to kick Maxima's butt. Maybe it's just me b/c I raced one and lost to it.

Quick Reply: TRD SC Ordered