Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD SC Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by miraclecreator
i just feel bad that even with the s/c it seems like we are still not able to kick Maxima's butt. Maybe it's just me b/c I raced one and lost to it.
I too have been concerned about probably not being able to beat a Maxima. The way I look at it is that Maxima's are good sized sedans and probably fairly pricey, so I don't expect to be racing many old couples down main street, lol. :D
Old 10-14-2005, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, i hope u r right. My other great concern is this: Imagine you just got ur car back from the dealer with the s/c installed. Then You have this feeling that you can take on everything(well, almost everything) Then all of a sudden you spotted a RSX-S and you want to kill it, but then you got killed so bad b/c u found out it's got a turbocharged SR20 as well as other expensive mods under that hood. Now tell me how u feel about ur dignity and your car?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by miraclecreator
Yes, i hope u r right. My other great concern is this: Imagine you just got ur car back from the dealer with the s/c installed. Then You have this feeling that you can take on everything(well, almost everything) Then all of a sudden you spotted a RSX-S and you want to kill it, but then you got killed so bad b/c u found out it's got a turbocharged SR20 as well as other expensive mods under that hood. Now tell me how u feel about ur dignity and your car?
Well for starters I'd think that putting a Nissan SR20DET into a perfectly good RSX Type-S is just wrong, but that's just me. Then I'd probably admire the sort of work that went into a swap like that. Next I'd shrug off my loss as I realized that I had only one dealer option modification while I was racing someone with several custom mods. Finally after it was over with I'd hope to catch up enough to give the other person a smile and a wave and hope that they weren't total douchebags when it comes to winning graciously.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thats the reason I'll be going turbo, rightoff the bat, and not S/C
Old 10-14-2005, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
It must be nice to have more money than worries.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HUA. I second that one.

(...then it's off to finish the 20B/3-rotor, bridge-port, single turbo. Still shopping for a FD body RX7 for this monster.)
Old 10-14-2005, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the whole opint of the SC is to keep your factory warranty...some people are not inclined to void the warranty just to get 25 or 35 extra ponies...keep that in mind you all...
Old 10-14-2005, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does this mean we will probably start seeing supercharged camry's now too? since its the same engine and all that isnt it? haha.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so does anyone know the rough specs of this thing (price/power)? i wonder if it is only going to bring the car up to about 200HP..
Old 10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey Smash,
long time no talk! Most specs are sighting 200 at the crank. Of course, its all speculative, as they are quoting 25% HP increase.

If *I* were putting this on my car, I'd only do it in conjunction with an underdrive pulley, intercooler, header, and a fat 2.5" exhaust setup. all of those things combined,

I'd imagine it would be quite impressive.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey Smash,
long time no talk! Most specs are sighting 200 at the crank. Of course, its all speculative, as they are quoting 25% HP increase.

If *I* were putting this on my car, I'd only do it in conjunction with an underdrive pulley, intercooler, header, and a fat 2.5" exhaust setup. all of those things combined,

i agree with all but the pulley. and the sc comes with a tamper prove cap on the pulley if the dealer installs it. header and back exhaust is a must to release alot more horses
Old 10-14-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
hey Smash,

i agree with all but the pulley. and the sc comes with a tamper prove cap on the pulley if the dealer installs it. header and back exhaust is a must to release alot more horses
where did you hear that from? I can't see how they could do that. Tamper proof would require maintenace proof, and I just can't see toyota doing that. Otherwise, how would they remove the pulley/crank in case of engine rebuild??
Old 10-14-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You two are talking about two different pulleys. Toastbox was referring to the crankshaft pulley being replaced by an underdrive unit. Break_Away is talking about the pulley on the supercharger drive shaft, it is capped off by a tamper-proof device to keep people from swapping pulleys.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ got it. don't most people swap the crank pulley when attempting to increase the boost?
Old 10-14-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Woudnt an underdrive pulley slow down the accessory belt and reduce the overall boost?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't know about reducing the overall boost but it might increase the spooling lag.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats why you get an OVERDRIVE pulley.
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySciTCscd.htm
Old 10-14-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But that will remove the tamper seal on the SC pulley voiding your warranty....if you are worried about that sort of thing.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm Do the make the accessory pulleys smaller to compensate, I'd hate to overdrive my water pump or alternator.

Instigator, you wouldn't have to remove the tamper-proof cap since this is a crankshaft overdrive pulley, it'll make the belt move faster per rotation. Faster belt = faster SC rotation = more boost.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

Ok, so my supercharger will be at my doorstep at the end of next week. I am expecting it to come in a week from today, so Friday will mark the rebirth of my tC. I will try to get it installed that weekend, but I'm not sure If I want to be the first s/c that they install. Not trying to be the guinea pig. Plus, the first will be the longest, so they can charge me a buttload. Unfortunately, I might have to wait until my service guys get a little more under their belts. But I will be sure to post first impressions (butt dyno).

Quick Reply: TRD SC Ordered