Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

The truth behind ZPI turbo kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member

Default The truth behind ZPI turbo kit.

After seeing the posts on here by ZPI (ZeroPoint Industries), I had to speak up before too many people get hurt. I am a local to ZPI, and have seen the numerous cars they have touched, fail - from small jobs to motor swaps - almost everything fails. There have been many upset customers. Kenny (of ZPI) previously owned a shop named Redline in Louisville, KY as well - which went under a few years back. He blew his subaru WRX up with nitrous, and it ultimately was repo'd. MANY MANY unhappy customers were left when he went under, from money owed. Now that he is back years later he asks they come see him and he will make things right, that he is changed, etc.

ZPI (ZeroPoint Industries) turbo kit was first finished on their own car 1-2weeks ago. They announced a "debut" of it at Carl Caspers show months ago, and when we went they had the hood closed, and had a front mount on the car with endtank pipes leading to nowhere. Originally they kept talking about "traction problems in 3rd grear," but after they were called out on that, they admitted it wasn't turbo.

A local MUFFLER SHOP did all the piping on their Scion, with aluminized steel. The LOG manifold was done by their new partner Brad who has moved into their shop with them. The manifold made the turbo fit poorly, and the muffler shop had to make some minor mods such as cutting the AC line and welding it back together. ZPI couldn't even figure out the problem running both an internal gate and external, until they had problems and listened to everyone telling them to weld the internal gate shut.

ZPI is famous for a few things locally, 1. their wiring. MANY times cars have come out of there, with what ZPI calls a wiring job being two wires twisted together, and electrical taped or shrink wrapped. No connectors, no solder, just twisted together. ZPI also managed to fry two ecu's during their Scion Emanage installs, which they blame on injectors and apparently have cleared up now.

ZPI is famous for their tunes locally, for instance the 19:1 they put on a SRT4, and claimed it was ECU problems etc. they joke "lean is mean." Even if you search ZPI on here, you will see Kenny state "15.1 AF is ok if you compensate with timing, although not recomended." NO, it isn't.

Anyways, I could go on for days, and I'm sure Kenny/ZPI will come in here and make up stories to disprove everything... but I being a fellow auto enthusiast felt the need to give you all fair warning of how ZPI is, from the local's perspective.

When the locals found the posts on the SCion board, we laughed forever, then started to feel bad, and now people are evening saying things like:
"is there any law that zpi is breaking by lieing their ___ off over the internet? we need to find a way to stop zpi's lies and deciet to the rest of the world. can we call the bbb on them? because i am sick of reading their lies all over the internet. it needs to stop."
Old 06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm intresting lets see what they have to say about this
Old 06-09-2005, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Agreed.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Good take, to many companies pop up and claim to do certain things, lets see what happens, its hard to know anymore.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oooh this is going to be fun
Old 06-09-2005, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the question is, is this a competitor or the truth...
Old 06-09-2005, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draven301
Oooh this is going to be fun
Taking a strole down memory lane are we?

Cant wait to see ZPI's response, have a feeling this is going to be another worth watching.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no rebuttal for you because you are so far fetched that it is funny. Did we have initial problem with the injectors yes. Did we fix these problem yes. We are not going to get into a ____ing match on here with you as it simply is not worth it.

We have installed and shipped enough of these kits that our customers can speak for themselves. We have sold various parts to over 50% of this board with a tc with out problems. We have never lied and have been straight up with every post ever made. Our customers and are our service will speak for themselves.

To our customers this is a clear attack by our competition to discredit us anyway that they can. The local scene is very cutthroat; as you can see other shops and their customers attempt to disrupt business in anyway possible.

Our service and products are same today as they will be tomorrow we are not going anywhere and it will take a lot more than a derogatory post from our competition to discredit all that we have worked for in the Scion Community. We have the best customers in the country and we intend on keeping them.

-Kenny
Old 06-09-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nicely Said SPI
Old 06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch... its just shop drama. But they should have everything fixed.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anybody would like to stop by our shop at anytime they can see that all we say is legit.

Or just ask Sciondad as he has spy planes watching the place to ensure he gets a turbo kit before his next car show
Old 06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by English
the question is, is this a competitor or the truth...
I am a complete 3rd party, have no affiliation with any shop, and am not a competitor. I do most all my work personally in my garage, other than welding which I can not do - so I have a local shop do for me, and I pay for it like everyone else does.

ZPI is very good at talking, and pursuading people. I hate to say it, but I am going to guess that for you all to learn about them, people will have to get screwed first.

ZPI, if you "have installed and shipped enough of these kits that our customers can speak for themselves" can you please post up references to the "Dealers" and sponsored cars that you have shipped to so we can speak with them?

Also, can you speak about the MUFFLER SHOP that did all the piping for the kit on your car?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

interesting...

but its still he said she said.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Joys of shopping on the Internet. Luckly I know about chargebacks now in case something goes wrong.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

uggg, I'm a fellow member from Louisville, KY.

I really can't convince anyone about either side. I will say this, sometimes people hold grudges for whatever reason there is, Kenny burned a good amount of people 2+ yrs ago. There were young kids and then some 'not-so-nice' individuals that were demanding money. BUT that's over. That business failed and then ZPI opened years later with a huge monetary foundation. Kenny has seemed to progress from his earlier mistakes.

But in the end, what do these words mean? not a damn thing, as guess what I've been in the local scene for 5yrs. I've seen alot of 'performance shops' open up and close. I've seen alot of people lose alot of money from following people that have very good talk but zero knowledge of concepts.

What do I recommend for any customer to do? I recommend you to call someone and test them. Test thier knowledge of cars, get proof of projects they've finished, ensure that the person you talk you is in fact 'real.'

Kenny, this isn't a shop war, don't make it into one. You know there are alot of individuals that like to stir up ____. Take it as that and move to make something or prove something.

I don't really give a ____ if pipes are welded at a muffler shop, those guys weld 8hrs a day, good for them. If the ____ gets done and fits, then guess what, the end customer is still happy. I don't necessary agree with not posting any pictures or anything, but i've seen the car, my friends have been in the car, its not a lie that you have in fact turbo'd a scion tC or made good power.

To end hating, its easy what you need to do, get your customers with these kits to post up picks and tell thier stories. Most new shops start with a clean slate and automatically get the benefit of the doubt. Here in Louisville, based on your personally history, you need to prove things, you need to establish this credibility. Sorry it has to be this way and I hope you see that I'm not trying to attack you. I've seen a few small ____ ups here and there, but nothing major with my own eyes.

To all people that don't know me, I'm about as straight of a shooter as you will get, kenny might agree. I tune a majority of turbo honda's in the area and i do not work on cars for a living. I have developed my knowledge all first hand with my own car and its fast enough to prove itself.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hal,

We will let our customers speak for themselves.

Yes we did contract Alex Kramer to help with the initial design of the kit. Alex is a very talented guy and we wanted only the best for the kits. We also contracted Buschur Racing to mandrel bend the pipes, RC to make the injectors, etc.......We design and assemble the kits various parts come from other manufactures this is no different than any other type of manufacturing. ZPI does not make bolts, couplers, metal, turbos, manifold plates, etc…..

Again, we refuse to go back and forth with you and we will let our customers answer any other “questions” that you may have.

Thanks for all the phones calls alerting us about this post guys, we have said it once and will say it again that we have the best customers and the concern you all had for us proves it.

Sean,

We agree that our customers need to speak for themselves. I am sure that as the day progresses they will. We are just a little over the internet war that the same people continue to bring to us. But thanks for the input and we are ready for a dyno war your hatch v. TC.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would recommend getting something a little more powerful than a little scion tC to get near my hatch

remember.
11.75@117mph(7.54@97 1/8th) 13-14psi on 93 octane. 355whp. You should easily beat the powerwise, but getting it to go down the track will be the issue

that was the old setup as well.....

this is ready for you:

I hope the vtec doesn't scare you too much

[to all others]just some friendly ____-talking, don't get any panties twisted over me giving the scion ____
Old 06-09-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I'm fully aware of the possibility of getting scammed by them still exists. I own a wireless/tower construction firm in Missouri and Tennessee and been in business for 12 years. I've seen these types of claims and been the victim of them as well. I had several of my crews drive by their shop while working a project in KY. They do have a shop and I'm going to give them the benefit of any doubt at this time. Everyone must make their own decision here.

That said:

If I get cheated....game on, I love a challenge. This purchase by no means causes me any significant harm if they did cheat me. My credit card company wouldn't be happy, but that wouldn't be a first either. However, I have in the past and will spend 3 times as much to legally slam any person or company that cheats me. Principle is what counts in life.

If they deliver the turbo to me per their word (which I believe they will), then I will go the other way to discredit all these "shops" you speak of as ___ clowns and will help ZPI to push their product all over the country. Again, principle.

Either way, I'm sticking with ZPI and either way I will be an example. I'm ok with that.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member

ZPI (ZeroPoint Industries) turbo kit was first finished on their own car 1-2weeks ago. They announced a "debut" of it at Carl Caspers show months ago, and when we went they had the hood closed, and had a front mount on the car with endtank pipes leading to nowhere. Originally they kept talking about "traction problems in 3rd grear," but after they were called out on that, they admitted it wasn't turbo.
ZPI.. say this isn't so.

Quick Reply: The truth behind ZPI turbo kit.