Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

The truth behind ZPI turbo kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

Ultimate Long Island Iced Teas at TGI Fridays. Holla!
Old 06-10-2005, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nester
stop drinking woman drinks, the bottle of beam is calling you.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seen4ever
TGI makes some pretty nice Long Island Iced Teas. Although I dont know what the bottle of beam is, 151 will sure get the job done.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by VitaminV
See pictures posted from seen4ever in one of the threads. There is proof.
The bottom line on that is.. the owner of that car said very clearly.. actually, let me quote his post..

It is not the shops falt at all. Nothing that they done would of ever caused the motor to blow. The just did a simple bolt on turbo kit that toped out at 7.8psi. Me, Sean (seen4ever) and Brian (DrVTEC99) looked it over carefully for about 2 hours before we brought it up here. So it is not Zero Points falt at all. My motor just gave up on life.
Things happen, engines blow up. The fact of the matter is, if ZPI made 1000whp on pumpgas on the stock block with the Scion and drove it to work every day for a year, the local haters would still hate.

None of them have first hand knowledge of any thing, every story they tell starts with "Well, I heard" or "X told me that".. and then they get their friends to hate via proxy. No one can tell me why they hate, when you ask for examples, they change the subject.

I don't work for ZPI, I am friends with the people that work there. I am friends with Kenny. He's a really nice guy, who does all sorts of nice things for people, even when he probably shouldn't. He's invited me into his shop, his home, and his cars..

I can't wait to get a Scion so ZPI can install a kit on it, and I can ream the streets of louisville.

Eff the haters.
Wow Nester you really are on kenny's *uts, both here and on the local forums. Woulda never guessed it being part of the video looks as tho it was shot in your car.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was going to just lurk around, but I felt compelled to register. Who are you sparkknock?

I too am local to ZPI. I have seen it spool and get on it, so it's real unless they are spraying it with one of those fake turbo sound makers :o

I agree 100% with sciontc8. Kenny may be trying to make good, get a fresh start, but too many shady things have been seen with my eyes, too many odd occurences have happened, too many cars have blown up and had very unhappy customers.

I'm sure Kenny is a nice guy. I'm sure Charles is a nice guy. Joey @ ZPI is actually my secret lover, so I know he's a nice guy

This isn't a shop war. This isn't the world vs. ZPI. This is "the people who have seen shady shops before, and see the trend here w/ZPI" vs ZPI. I hope Kenny get's his ____ togather and makes something of this opportunity, but, I'm not holding my breath. He needs to get something fast soon, or it's going to be no fn to do fly-by's on his shop :D
Old 06-10-2005, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of my favorite 3 stooges lines.....

"She was bread in Kentucky, but she's just a crumb down here"
Old 06-10-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this post made me change my mind and not get ZPI.. thanks for the info sciontc8.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by sparkknock
Wow Nester you really are on kenny's *uts, both here and on the local forums. Woulda never guessed it being part of the video looks as tho it was shot in your car.
Yeah, and I bet you wouldn't defend your friends either, especially when their livelihood is being tested by some internet ____ talkers.

So keep talking.

And yes, It was shot from my car, both the race with the hatch on the snyderbahn, and then coming back from the dyno.. If you must know, I also taped the runs at the track, and some of the dyno pulls. Not like it was some sort of secret.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by VitaminV
See pictures posted from seen4ever in one of the threads. There is proof.
The bottom line on that is.. the owner of that car said very clearly.. actually, let me quote his post..

It is not the shops falt at all. Nothing that they done would of ever caused the motor to blow. The just did a simple bolt on turbo kit that toped out at 7.8psi. Me, Sean (seen4ever) and Brian (DrVTEC99) looked it over carefully for about 2 hours before we brought it up here. So it is not Zero Points falt at all. My motor just gave up on life.
Things happen, engines blow up. The fact of the matter is, if ZPI made 1000whp on pumpgas on the stock block with the Scion and drove it to work every day for a year, the local haters would still hate.

None of them have first hand knowledge of any thing, every story they tell starts with "Well, I heard" or "X told me that".. and then they get their friends to hate via proxy. No one can tell me why they hate, when you ask for examples, they change the subject.

I don't work for ZPI, I am friends with the people that work there. I am friends with Kenny. He's a really nice guy, who does all sorts of nice things for people, even when he probably shouldn't. He's invited me into his shop, his home, and his cars..

I can't wait to get a Scion so ZPI can install a kit on it, and I can ream the streets of louisville.

Eff the haters.
Maybe you should have enlightened him on having two open wastegates doesnt work.

Im done with this stuff. If you get screwed over dont get mad becuae you were warned (3000k for that kit is taking it ITB).

Goodluck with it.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrv2000
Originally Posted by seen4ever
TGI makes some pretty nice Long Island Iced Teas. Although I dont know what the bottle of beam is, 151 will sure get the job done.
Jim Beam! It's a Southern Thing
Old 06-10-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
this post made me change my mind and not get ZPI.. thanks for the info sciontc8.

I am sorry to hear that a group of guys that have no first hand expirence with us or the owrk that we do have influnced your decison. We can assure you that the "drama" is there one and only goal.

I only hope that when the turbo kits are out and all is good that you will look back on this and realize the people that we are all dealing with. These are not "good guys" like they are trying to portray.

Thanks for considering us and we hope that the future will only bring you back to us.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The way I see it is you know this guys name, you could probably get him on the phone, he responds to your posts, and he has a physical address. Standard intelligent business practices would protect your interest. I wouldn't string the noose up so soon. Get off the guys nuts until he deserves it.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Old 06-10-2005, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

Ok this one has ran it's course so it's locky time!