Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Tsudo N1 catback or custom exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tsudo N1 catback or custom exhaust?

Hey everyone I currently have the Tsudo N1 catback exhaust which sounds pretty nice but then sometimes it feels quiet. My friend has a nice custom exhaust that costed a little less than mine. I was thinking of getting an N1 exhaust muffler off eBay and buying a 2.5" midpipe and attaching a glasspack to it. Would that sound better and more louder? Let me get your thoughts about it. I'm curious what everyone will have to say about this. Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you already have a full exhaust and its not loud enough,change the exhaust tip,thats what actually determines the loudness of the exhaust,get like a hks or something
Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait.... you have the Tsudo N1 and it's not loud enough? From what I understand Tsudo and HKS are the loudest exhausts out there.... IF you want it louder, get a Header and a Resonator to tone down the rasp.

Not much more you can do if you want louder. I have a Tsudo N1 and a DC Header, it's PLENTY loud enough for me, but remember... it's LOUDER when you're outside the car and especially louder when you're behind it.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking of going louder and possibly delete my cats so I can have those nice pops :D
Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're looking to delete cats, you'll need an aftermarket header, but even then you won't have those "pops". If I'm understanding you correctly, then those "pops" are actually backfires...and those are never a good thing.

If you want to go even LOUDER, and I advise against this, but you can disconnect your midpipe from the s-pipe and let your exhaust flow through the s-pipe and have no muffler, no midpipe, and no exhaust tip.

Just be warned, if you go louder, you'll become a cop magnet.

My current set up has no cats and I only get those pops every once in a while, very rarely, and I think it might be running a little rich because of it.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AnotherDude
Wait.... you have the Tsudo N1 and it's not loud enough? From what I understand Tsudo and HKS are the loudest exhausts out there.... IF you want it louder, get a Header and a Resonator to tone down the rasp.

Not much more you can do if you want louder. I have a Tsudo N1 and a DC Header, it's PLENTY loud enough for me, but remember... it's LOUDER when you're outside the car and especially louder when you're behind it.

hks isnt loud but compared to the tsudo and the N1 its louder and sounds alot better in my opion,i have the megans drift spec and downpipe,its very loud,maybe sometimes a little to loud,my buddie has a tsudo midpipe with hks axle back,its not very loud but sounds nice...but any exhaust with a header will be very very loud....
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Headers make it sound ricey. I gotta see if the midpipe and a N1 exhaust off eBay with glasspack will be good
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And having your exhaust super loud and pop ISN'T ricey? I think you're confused........ good luck!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol in my area there are barely any tCs that are modded. Pops are amazing. Besides tCs sound hella lot better than civics with a fartcan
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

You could just get a custom mid pipe, that would help to bump up the sound.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend has a custom mid pipe and the Tsudo N1 muffler and it's still quieter than mine for some reason even though he has the custom midpipe
Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SlverPnda
Lol in my area there are barely any tCs that are modded. Pops are amazing. Besides tCs sound hella lot better than civics with a fartcan

yup same in my area..all stock besides me...is that why i get so much attention almost like that never saw a car before in a good way lol
Old 02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by my06tc
if you already have a full exhaust and its not loud enough,change the exhaust tip,thats what actually determines the loudness of the exhaust,get like a hks or something
The TIP is not what determines sound, the muffler is. In this situation technically the tip and muffler are one, however in most exhaust setups the tip is generally not connected to the muffler directly.

Originally Posted by SlverPnda
Pops are not amazing, they generally mean your car is running like ___ and are bad for the car. If you get a header or remove the 2nd cat you will get rasp and sound like a ____ed off weed wacker. While exhaust note is subjective upon who likes what, A civic and a tC sound extremely similar with exhaust, and not in a good way. And louder is just another way to set a bad name, and get attention from unwanted crowds. (Police)
Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't know that. Pops make it nice but in exchange the engine is being hurt at the same time.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Post #5 talked about the "pops", maybe you just over looked.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
Post #5 talked about the "pops", maybe you just over looked.
My friend has them and he has to play a little with the gas pedal to hear the pops. Lol although it's nice to drive by a parked car and set off it's alarm
Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looking to backfire, looking for POPS...looking to set off car alarms... looking for VERY loud exhaust....

It may not be a Honda, but sounds like a ricer to me.