Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TUNERZINE.COM AND NST COME TOGETHER FOR TZ PROJECT TC..

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i dont think he meant literal balance as in weight distribution. a tow hook doesnt weigh that much! I think he was aluding to an all white bumper with a red tow hook off to one side and nothing on the other side.

he'll have to chime in though to confirm that though.

someone said above... paint the tow hook the same color as the wheels? that would be hot

greg, the water pump pulley... does besides having the engraving, does it have extra holes to lower the weight of the piece? I've got NST pullies on my car, and i dont think i remember seeing the extra smaller holes in mine? is that the lotus design your talking about?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No one called your car ___
I implied it :p

Care to explain
Sure.

From that picture, it appears as if it's hanging there. Due to my complete unfamiliarity with this "mod" it looks to be nice and dangly, where during any amount of wind would cause it to hit the bumper of the car.

Since it's been explained that it's solid in place, I'll go ahead and retract the 'paint' part of my argument.

As for the unbalancing of the car, it's a visual balance. Nothing to do with weight.

It's a white car. You just put a red bracket and hook on the right side of your front bumper. You already have Road Cone Orange wheels. It completely trashes any sort of logical color scheme as well as adds a visual distraction (unbalance) to the front of the car.

For example, if you put a carbon fiber hood on your car and decide to get some hood pins for it. But you only get one pin and awkwardly place it off-center of the hood.

It's just...awkward looking.

... NOW PLEASE BACK ON TRACK.. HATERS GO ELSE WHERE.. WASTING OUR TIME.
Welcome to public forums. Upon posting pictures in said public forum, it is well within reason to expect criticism. Criticism is a vital point of public forums, as it allows a fresh dose of variety. This variety prevents the plague of circle-jerking universal agreement which leads to the ultimate downfall of said forums.

If everyone agrees, that agreement solidifies over time to the point where anything outside of that general consensus is shunned away.

Call me a hater, but that car is hideous. The cars you posted are also hideous, with the exception of the lolpreludelol, which only needs to lose the tow-hook to become a decent looking ride.

Also not letting me down you guys cant let anyone post a simple thread on here about a pulley install without hating on something its sooo sad.
You could've also picked a modification that actually does something to start a project car with.

Teehee I'm a hater
Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

greg i think you have to keep reminding yourself like i do when i surf on this site.. a good 90% of the posters are morons, haters, noobs to cars, rice boys, and people who probably havent been in the game longer then a 2 day old salamy sandwich, have no taste, style, or originality to themselves and are only good at talking shiz.... not worth arguing with people half the time on here because they are and will always be hopeless. im suprised i havent been banned myself from arguing with alot of people here because of their misinformation and flat out stupidity. just do what you do..

BTW im hoping tunerzine and nst can put together a nice tc.. im tired of seeing pics of other ppls same konig unknowns and axis wheels..on every freaking tc... have some originality ppls. dam. let the man be different with his tow hook and focus on the thread..

and mattvs
thats a prelude not integra
Old 01-31-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

have no taste, style
Meh, if that's taste, I'll cut out my tongue.

and mattvs
thats a prelude not integra
Shows what I know about Hondas 8]
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just want to know what purpose a tow hook really has on a street driven car, not a track car?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great looking pulleys and good looking car. I'm looking forward to your project.

There are a lot of so called experts here that sit around and post on these forums about how everyone else other than themselves are retards, stupid for doing this or that mod, or how they need to learn about this or that.

Let them sit behind the computer and criticize, there are others who will appreciate your hard work and trying to get more exposure for the tC on media other than just ScionLife.

Good job Greg
Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not saying a tow hook is having "taste" but dam i see alot of rice and crap being put on a tc on this board alone that i could make a 5 page thread in minutes just picking around.. theres a difference between taste and flat nasty.. alot of ppl on this site do jumping jacks on that line.

tow hooks on street cars have a purpose.. how else you gonna tow your friend home from having no spare in the back from a gutted interior or a blown motor or 1k other reasons it would be easier to use a tow hook and not a tow truck which usually leads to scraped rims, lips, bumpers, etc...

im not a fan of tow hooks.. but lets say i had a benen tow hook that was discontinued or some what of a rare commodity.. i'd display it.. why not.. if the rice boys can flaunt their LEDs and neons.. why not a tow hook lolol.. what purpose do neons and led strobes have on a street driven car lol..
Old 01-31-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TCpete
tow hooks on street cars have a purpose.. how else you gonna tow your friend home from having no spare in the back from a gutted interior or a blown motor or 1k other reasons it would be easier to use a tow hook and not a tow truck which usually leads to scraped rims, lips, bumpers, etc...

im not a fan of tow hooks.. but lets say i had a benen tow hook that was discontinued or some what of a rare commodity.. i'd display it.. why not.. if the rice boys can flaunt their LEDs and neons.. why not a tow hook lolol.. what purpose do neons and led strobes have on a street driven car lol..
I would just have my friend drive and pick up my spare instead of towing me with a flat tire and screwing up the rim.

I am not sure on your local laws, but towing a vehicle without a correct harness is illegal by me. So a tow hook for me is useless.

And i have a friend who has a flatbed tow truck

Thanks for clarifying the tow hook on a street driven car.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
im not saying a tow hook is having "taste" but dam i see alot of rice and crap being put on a tc on this board alone that i could make a 5 page thread in minutes just picking around.. theres a difference between taste and flat nasty.. alot of ppl on this site do jumping jacks on that line.

exact same reason why you would put a tow hook on a STREET DRIVEN CAR, its all for looks.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

most of my friends have street driven 300-500+hp cars... when an oil breaks, turbo goes, or any other insermountable things go bad that the car doesnt move. beleive me.. a tow hook, tow rope/cable and a good friend is god sent

blackonblacktc
i know thats another reason aswell. im not the one bashing greg on it lol.. but im answering the mans ? who posted above me with another ?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're right on the money there. I mean I'm all for doing things because you want to do them. But when you post up on a public forum, you need to expect criticism. And adding a red tow hook to a white car with bright orange wheels is something I feel an absolutely overwhelming desire to criticise.

It's nothing malicious (well, most of it). If the OP wanted something a little more tasteful, he'd have to pick a color. That red or that orange. The red is dark enough (at least the photo) to where it doesn't match the orange in terms of "loudness," But it still goes well with the white. You just can't have both.

He'd need to completely lose the tow hook thing. I mean, I've tried to see how you could justify it as a showpiece...but...you couldn't drink that pretty.

The wheel design and color is a way over the top considering the lack of other exterior modifications to the car. Those wheels need a body kit or something in order to function.

I'm also willing to bet that, outside of the up-and-coming pulley install, the car is stock in terms of performance. That adds another level of awkwardness to it. You roll up in a car that looks all badass and then ends up pulling a 16.02 at the quarter mile, you get laughed at.

My advice would be to balance performance and exterior modifications with a consistent theme.

Whatever your second exterior color is, your plastic engine cover or, if you remove that, your valve cover should match it. A polished intake would go with any color, and is probably your best bet considering the odds of finding an intake in that orange or red. Not to mention that both of those colors would be ugly under the hood.

I could probably keep going with this, but I'd prefer not to bust out a 9 page post :p
Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattvs
No one called your car ___
I implied it :p

Care to explain
Sure.

From that picture, it appears as if it's hanging there. Due to my complete unfamiliarity with this "mod" it looks to be nice and dangly, where during any amount of wind would cause it to hit the bumper of the car.

Since it's been explained that it's solid in place, I'll go ahead and retract the 'paint' part of my argument.

As for the unbalancing of the car, it's a visual balance. Nothing to do with weight.

It's a white car. You just put a red bracket and hook on the right side of your front bumper. You already have Road Cone Orange wheels. It completely trashes any sort of logical color scheme as well as adds a visual distraction (unbalance) to the front of the car.

For example, if you put a carbon fiber hood on your car and decide to get some hood pins for it. But you only get one pin and awkwardly place it off-center of the hood.

It's just...awkward looking.

... NOW PLEASE BACK ON TRACK.. HATERS GO ELSE WHERE.. WASTING OUR TIME.
Welcome to public forums. Upon posting pictures in said public forum, it is well within reason to expect criticism. Criticism is a vital point of public forums, as it allows a fresh dose of variety. This variety prevents the plague of circle-jerking universal agreement which leads to the ultimate downfall of said forums.

If everyone agrees, that agreement solidifies over time to the point where anything outside of that general consensus is shunned away.

Call me a hater, but that car is hideous. The cars you posted are also hideous, with the exception of the lolpreludelol, which only needs to lose the tow-hook to become a decent looking ride.

Also not letting me down you guys cant let anyone post a simple thread on here about a pulley install without hating on something its sooo sad.
You could've also picked a modification that actually does something to start a project car with.

Teehee I'm a hater
dude like what dont you understand.. right side left side.. i cant help what side scion put the tow hook.. you ever seen any car have 2 tow hooks coming thru there front bumper noooooo..

what your saying abou tnot all matching is like saying red bride seats and takata harnesses are ugly ugh no.. haah

the pulleys actually do something thanks pal. and there are going to be more things added as the list goes on.. yet you probably will hate on all so why worry.. thanks have a awesome day..
Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude like what dont you understand.. right side left side.. i cant help what side scion put the tow hook.. you ever seen any car have 2 tow hooks coming thru there front bumper noooooo..
Sure you can, you leave the color-matched cover in place so it's not as noticeable

what your saying abou tnot all matching is like saying red bride seats and takata harnesses are ugly ugh no.. haah
Red seat + green harness = Christmas interior. Is Santa driving?

Bride seats are nice looking seats. Takata harnesses are nice looking harnesses. Why would you combine a red seat with a green harness? Bride offers black seats as well, which would not only go well with the green of the harness, but would fit with the rest of the car as well. Even if you kept the bright orange wheels.

the pulleys actually do something thanks pal. and there are going to be more things added as the list goes on.. yet you probably will hate on all so why worry.. thanks have a awesome day..
No, they really don't.

That's as far in that argument I'm willing to take it in this thread, as that really would derail it.

And yea, I'll go ahead and add you to my list of Blanket Hatred, where everything you do will be mocked mercilessly just because I can.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, they really don't.

That's as far in that argument I'm willing to take it in this thread, as that really would derail it.

And yea, I'll go ahead and add you to my list of Blanket Hatred, where everything you do will be mocked mercilessly just because I can.
wow ur prob the coolest guy on this site.. haha have fun sitting around all day searchin for my post i feel honored
Old 01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the tint...
Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry but christman is my favorite time of the year... especially in my sleigh! lol. takata + bride = g status
Old 01-31-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Guys, Can we hug and make up?

This always happens on ScionLife for some reason....
Old 01-31-2007, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's just the style. Leave it at that. Some people will say it's hideous and some will say its gorgeous. I for one say it's a style. Like the Emo's and their Chuck Taylors, and crazy hair style.

Whenever you modify anything, there is a risk factor. and just in case any of those pullys malfuntion or the wheels decide to become closer with their road cone friends. He has a front tow hook ready. Function guys, FUNCTION!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

STOP THE HATING ALREADY, HE JUST WANTED TO DEBUT THE NEW PROJECT, HE ALWAYS GETS HATED ON FOR DOING SOMETHING NOBODY ELSE HAS!!!!

o ya, screw rule #6, i am YELLING
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why cant my car be in ____ like this. Im highly upset.

Quick Reply: TUNERZINE.COM AND NST COME TOGETHER FOR TZ PROJECT TC..