Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Turbo-Mafia.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

will there be any restriction in the midpipe with the hf cat and the 2 resonators?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by sp0t
will there be any restriction in the midpipe with the hf cat and the 2 resonators?
Yes. The cat and the 2 resonators.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:12 AM
SL Member

They won't restrict power unless you are trying to make 500+hp.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member

ok finally got the pics up and just a warning the videos taken were from my digital camera so its a bit hard to hear it perfectly like i wish you could hear it. Plus I have a minor exhaust leak in the s pipe to mid pipe connection because its too damn hard to tighten one of the nuts 100%. I am going to get my o2 sensor location moved to a different spot because the Tsudo header spipe has a fitment problem which they said they are addressing (I got a *hitty one I guess) also. Anyways here they are

Full pic of the mid pipe with high flow and 2 resonators

Comparing the stock mid with Turbo-Mafia mid

on the car installed

in place but not bolted to axle back yet

haven't put it through the rubber brackets

Videos of the before and after (sound not greatest I apologize in advance)
Stock mid

TM mid
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Looks nice

I cant really hear a difference though, can you feel a difference?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member

its hard to hear yet since i still have the leak, so i am assuming its louder than it should be once its really tightened correctly and since the i got an s pipe problem i havent driven the car yet since friday!!! Tomorrow i will relocate the o2 sensor in the mid and stop the major grinding that i am getting. here is a pic of my issue

and here is another

so once this issue is fixed i will post videos with good sound quality both inside the car and fly by shots
Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member

ok moved the o2 bung to a different location zero grinding and one of the gaskets that was sent in the mid pipe shipments was actually too large and was somehow allowing exhaist to come out of the s pipe mid pipe connection. Just changed the gasket and all is good now. I will drive it a lot today and post any changes I feel. It is smooth, not raspy at all and quiet on low RPMs. Changes though on WOT

I will post a new video with a good camera to hear the I/H/E setup with TM mid. great quality though so a must get for the price.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:33 PM
SL Member

Just for the record it is the Tsudo pipe that has a fitment issue

The Turbo-Mafia mid fits perfect. I want to thank you for the pics and videos it greatly helps our future customers who are making purchasing decisions. Thanks again
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member

Correct its the Tsudo s pipe with the fitment issue the mid was in perfect condition and great fit. It sounds nice and mean, no rasp and super happy vid will post soon

Old 09-27-2007, 03:30 PM
SL Member

Sorry guys I was out sick yesterday, I will be getting back to all PM's today. Thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what I meant by the oem finish was do you have any that are in the same location and have the same style or could you make any to be that way??? If you don't understand what I am trying to describe I will try to detail further...
Old 10-06-2007, 11:44 PM
SL Member

We will be releasing a OEM style catback soon. It will be released with our 3" S-pipes!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome just keep me updated! :D
Old 10-08-2007, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-Mafia
We will be releasing a OEM style catback soon.
You were a day late making that announcement for me.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:54 AM
SL Member

Guys, we are finally getting back to regular business around here. There were some crazy wild fires and we had to evacuate one of our shops. Also one our main guys had his house burn down in the fires. All these natural disasters has put a 2 week delay in everything. Please be patient with us as we are shipping all orders this week and next week. Thanks again
Old 11-19-2007, 01:08 PM

For those of you who are interested in knowing, I understand they had those unfortunate delays, but it has been exactly 2 weeks since they posted that they will be shipping that week and the next, and they haven't. They won't even respond to my emails. I have filed a dispute with my bank, and in my personal opinion, I suggest you stay away from this company. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member

Yes, stay away from Turbo-Mafia...I used to post on this site when i had a XB, but now i have a suabru and am posting over at nasioc.com

They became vendors on Nasioc, and ive been waiting almost 2 months for my cat back i ordered from them (order #2539 from turbo-mafia)...They charged my card immediantly and stopped posting on nasioc and stoped contacting me with updates when they took my money

They basically avoid all my Emails, PM's and voicemails...Now they disconnected there number so ppl cant get ahold of them and still keep lying about my order status..

Ive been doing reasearch on them, they acually still go on a S2k forum and a civic forum and still post stuff for sale, yet people have been waiting months for there and they post like nothing is wrong...

I did read a few people who got there exhaust, but when they got it it didnt even fit there car correct!!!!

Im still waiting and they keep lying to me and still no exhaust in the mail after they told me several times it was already shipped

And until they fess up to what the heck is going on, or give me answers on my order I will just go to each forum and warn people from buying from them..It will eventually hurt there business, but thats what scammers get in return
Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 PM
SL Member

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showt...=59605&page=42
Old 11-20-2007, 11:34 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mabuz
More searching (via WhitPages.com):

8310 Phyllis Place
San Diego, CA 92123 -----> Listed resident: D. Mullen
Phone: 858-569-1606

Might have to try calling this number now...what do you all think?
Originally Posted by Mabuz
Ok guys, just called that number...it's an old lady who has no idea who Drew English is. She verified to me that the above address is in fact her address, and she was going to call the police and report that this guy is using her address as a ship from address. I suggest everyone calls their credit card companies NOW.
There you go...from my forum about turbo-mafia
Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 PM
SL Member

So, if anyone knows an admin, please show him this information. The return shipping label that turbo-mafia gave was the following. It turns out that is a fake address and people all over car forums are being scammed. S2ki, NICO, Subaru forums, Civic forums, etc