Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Turbo or N/A

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
Swap in a v6 tundra engine!
Is that possible? Has it been done before?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mileoutrage
so your telling me this kid should be running around on 13.1 compression daily use? i forgot he was trying to build a allmotor time attack monster

if he is looking into a mild NA build i think that would be a good selection of parts
no need to over do everything if your just trying to have a reliable fast motor
yes actually I AM...

currently for the tc weisco offers 11.1 compression pistons which is probably the base for a good reliable street car... he can easily contact any of the reputable piston manf. and ask for a 12 also.. hell you can step up to 14 is you want but NOW you get into the realm of expensive builds... 10.5 is not a bid deal... even K motors now come 11. so why go from 9.6/9.8 to 10.5 when you can go str8 to 11 and its already out there...

frankly... i know what im talking... your looking at one of the only successful ***** whose running an 11.1 setup daily drivin tc... with a good 30k miles on the the self built power plant...

you dont need half the garbage you selected to probably crack 200... if you want well over sure but at that point NOW your throwing money away... easily with a smaller selection of basic parts and not alot of money he can put it together... give a base price of 1,600k-2100 cash in parts if he does his own labor.

but what the hell do i know about cars right?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Turbo or NA!??!?!?!

Oh lord....i can't get banned again..... *HOLDS TONGUE*

safe to say Turbo>NA
Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbo will always get you power but na is a longevity factor lol

maybe santa will hook it up this year and ill get all my turbo parts.. 700 whp =) here i come
Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Checho
Turbo or NA!??!?!?!

Oh lord....i can't get banned again..... *HOLDS TONGUE*

safe to say Turbo>NA
BTW SPECS ON THAT S/C COBALT i raced that was "stock" lol!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
yes actually I AM...

currently for the tc weisco offers 11.1 compression pistons which is probably the base for a good reliable street car... he can easily contact any of the reputable piston manf. and ask for a 12 also.. hell you can step up to 14 is you want but NOW you get into the realm of expensive builds... 10.5 is not a bid deal... even K motors now come 11. so why go from 9.6/9.8 to 10.5 when you can go str8 to 11 and its already out there...

frankly... i know what im talking... your looking at one of the only successful ***** whose running an 11.1 setup daily drivin tc... with a good 30k miles on the the self built power plant...

you dont need half the garbage you selected to probably crack 200... if you want well over sure but at that point NOW your throwing money away... easily with a smaller selection of basic parts and not alot of money he can put it together... give a base price of 1,600k-2100 cash in parts if he does his own labor.

but what the hell do i know about cars right?

the higher the compression increases the tendency toward detonation,
he would need a solid tune and a solid build to run that kind of compression
like i said before he looks as if he was trying to do a simple build, im not stupid you can get custom pistons to whatever you like, but what would you define a simple build without getting over 10k?

descendant intake manifold
equal length header and exhaust
nst full pulley set
emanage ultimate
full head work BC na cams
1mm oversized valves and head set
higher compression pistons 10:5:1 or 11 in your view

and what part of this would not compliment each other in a mild build?

not doubting your knowledge but you said half of this is garabage
Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mileoutrage
the higher the compression increases the tendency toward detonation,
he would need a solid tune and a solid build to run that kind of compression
like i said before he looks as if he was trying to do a simple build, im not stupid you can get custom pistons to whatever you like, but what would you define a simple build without getting over 10k?

descendant intake manifold - short runners.. pointless on an NA build u need long runners
equal length header and exhaust - header lengths are bias. a simple AW or MMW header and stock mid pipe will sufice or a 2.5 midpipe to a greddy evo2 or equivalent and ur done
nst full pulley set - all your doing here is revving faster.. big deal its not making your power. waste of time and money
emanage ultimate - no partial throttle, no advanced timing, just half decent a/f correction... waste of money a fic would be better or full standalone
full head work BC na cams - p&p head would be a good upgrade but the stock cams are fine... BC cams are un tested, never proven to produce the power no graphs nothing.. just regrinds and hype!! if you beleive everything u read on the net then they just took your 700 bucks and crapped on it
1mm oversized valves and head set - wtf is a head set ? lol... you mean a full valve train yes its nice and a good upgrade and the only really good upgrade but this is bias..if your staying stock bore its pointless only to rev higher and have a stronger system.. if going over 1mm then that should be included in a full head upgrade.
higher compression pistons 10:5:1 or 11 in your view - again.. they dont make 10.5.. alot of stock cars came in this range or equal to.. why stay in the same power range as others.. they already have an 11.1.. why not upgrade as decently as you can. why make a custom 10.5 ? lol... thats not HC at all even by todays standards... 11.1 or above is the base for a HC motor.. like i said.. even K swap come stock 11.1 and you want to compete against them with 10.5? lol.. good luck

and what part of this would not compliment each other in a mild build?

not doubting your knowledge but you said half of this is garabage
.... enjoy
Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
.... enjoy
well put no doubt,
but your basically saying to just throw in 11:1 compression with a boltons
and no supporting mods and even if he did have that and a standalone thats not going to be much in a hp difference at all.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pistons, basic bolts, p&p head with oversized valves, new bearings, new gaskets, EMS done deal... budget, reliable, quick... i dont know how easier it can be... at some point.. you have to say to yourself... ive spent X amount im good for NA.. if i want more its easier to just turbo...

and yes u will feel a difference... your talking 25-35 whp over stock.. if u dont feel a difference your head is not on str8.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

common now...there is no debating with Pete, you will never win.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Thanks everyone for your help. This forum has helped me alot
Old 12-03-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NP
Old 12-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want to ride in a turbo automatic tC you don't live too far from me. Next week the exhaust, valve body, and some other little goodies come in.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

That would be cool. I am off today. Where in houston you located? We could meet up somewhere.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by My07Tc
Does anyone know or have a turbonetics turbo i was kind of leaning towards that one
If your trying to buy a turbonetics turbo I still have my old turbo and downpipe sitting in my garage collecting dust. Would sell you for a decent price. All the turbo needs is a rebuild.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
If you want to ride in a turbo automatic tC you don't live too far from me. Next week the exhaust, valve body, and some other little goodies come in.
Let's hear it for another automatic tC! WOO!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

little late to the party heh. I am on my third turbo and a blown tranny. Random knock code too gonna build the engine and see if I can't get low 13s or high 12s in the auto. Already pushed 20 psi stock block stock trans on a dd.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im in an auto tc looking to go Turbo/SC. seems like turbos are PITA. as far as longetivity...are we looking at a big big big difference? I don't race just looking for some extra power when I need it, more of a show factor for me.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a turbo kit. Dezod or descendant have stock feel turbos with staying power for the auto tc. Do not go supercharger. Poor jonathan went through 3 engines with his in less than a year.

the pitavpart is we get used kit then try to modify the car for more and more power then things break. That's why you get a good kit and leave it alone.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im just looking for some power until I pay the car off in 2 1/2 years, than im moving on.

Quick Reply: Turbo or N/A