Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Turbonator...anyone check this out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Turbonator...anyone check this out yet?

I was looking to see if any other companies have come out with a supercharger for the TC yet and I found this link. It says "Supercharge for car or truck for 69.95!" was wondering if it was worthwhile to kinda explore this thing anyways here is the link: http://www.turbonator.com/index.html tell me what you guys think
Old 03-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . its a piece. dont get it. do a search on here for it. its worthless. save up and get an intake or something useful
Old 03-25-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Turbonator...anyone check this out yet?

Originally Posted by Lyracon
I was looking to see if any other companies have come out with a supercharger for the TC yet and I found this link. It says "Supercharge for car or truck for 69.95!" was wondering if it was worthwhile to kinda explore this thing anyways here is the link: http://www.turbonator.com/index.html tell me what you guys think

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You might as well go and try to build yourself a turbo kit out of Legos. You'll get the same result, which is junk that does nothing and will break in a matter of no time. If you're seriously considering going for a turbo'ed tC, head on over to www.scionspeed.com and get yourself a Stage 1 kit. But have your checkbook ready, they're upwards of $3,000
Old 03-25-2005, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member

Do not buy one..... Its a gimmick, in short it's a plastic contraption that tricks your ecu into thinking there is FI by the way it circulates the air going into the intake manifold, they work for about 10 minutes then the ECU compensates with the air/fuel mixture and there went your $69.99. I have seen people try it before and heard horror stories of the thing breaking and being sucked up into the intake and f#%$'ng up your car. If it seems to good to be true it usually is. If it worked..... we all would have one and be ranting and raving about it.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I always laugh when I see these things advertised on T.V. Toyota (and every other major manufacturer) spend untold millions of dollars on research and devolopment. Most of the advances we enjoy in automotive technology that improve gas milage, performance, and safety come from this R&D, many specifically from auto racing. If this "air turbulator" really did anything every auto manufacturer would toss millions of dollars at this guy to liscence the technology for their production vehicles. Any racing team would add one to their vehicles. There would be cheap korean knock-offs available from APC. Ever wonder why autozone doesn't carry it? In reality all this thing does is restrict airflow to your engine -- robbing it of power!

These devices are known by many different names. This is generally because they get shut down after a while when they get sued by the government for making false claims. Then they need to slightly change the design and the company name and try again. This was also the case with Slick50 and the other teflon oil additive you used to see on informercials, btw.

A good rule of thumb is: "Don't buy any automotive product from an infomercial."

Edit: This question comes up alot. Can we have a moderator add it to the FAQ or something?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

The turbonator is the same thing as the tornado "As seen on t.v.". Really doesnt work, but if you really want it i would suggest going down to your local parts store to pick up the tornado its cheaper than your turbonator, & its guaranteed to do the same thing.