Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Turbos for tC??? Anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Turbos for tC??? Anyone know?

Turbo kits for tC??? Has anyone heard of any that are expected to be produced?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Turbos for tC??? Anyone know?

yes, i'm building one on my
you can check on my site, i will post all info there
www.scion4me.com

Originally Posted by Stu
Turbo kits for tC??? Has anyone heard of any that are expected to be produced?
Old 08-09-2004, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So what all is it going to entail you think? Some fabs? Or just bolt on and replacement stuff?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu
So what all is it going to entail you think? Some fabs? Or just bolt on and replacement stuff?
im sure there will be some fab becouse he has to run his exahust through it but it shouldnt be to hard since the exahust is in the front of the engine i think i might try the same its just the cost to get it tuned that sucks

what kind of turbo is that i was thinking about calling hahn race craft and seeing what they charge for a turbo that pushes maybe 8 pounds of boost like this one http://www.hahnracecraft.com/auto/Super%2015G.htm but im not sure what is a good amount for our engines stock
Old 08-10-2004, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have a kit as well. We have our own EMS in R&D as we speak. Untill it's finished we will not release the kit. :twisted:
Old 08-10-2004, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know solid-technology is almost done with a kit. www.turboscion.com

They have posted all about it here, I'm sure a search will turn up the thread.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It depend the power you want, the setup i'm having it is around 350whp at 8lbs around. If you just get smaller turbo, you can have it running at 200-250whp.

turbo GT25/40
turbo header
waste gate
blowoff
stand alone ECU
3" down pipe
3" catback
3" exhust
FMU
many many ____ for turbo

my will be build as prototype.
Every performance parts will be DYNO testing, my car should be in the shop by end of the month. All the parts is ready to be install and tuned

Originally Posted by Stu
Old 08-10-2004, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

duplica message, sorry.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the one i'm setup is GT25/40 ball bearing, only need less then 1kRPM to kick in full capacity.

Well all you need to tuned is the ECU, you really need a good tunner to get the best performance. (that =$ )

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
Originally Posted by Stu
im sure there will be some fab becouse he has to run his exahust through it but it shouldnt be to hard since the exahust is in the front of the engine i think i might try the same its just the cost to get it tuned that sucks

what kind of turbo is that i was thinking about calling hahn race craft and seeing what they charge for a turbo that pushes maybe 8 pounds of boost like this one http://www.hahnracecraft.com/auto/Super%2015G.htm but im not sure what is a good amount for our engines stock
Old 08-10-2004, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like what I have been hearing...do you think there will be better turbochargers out before TRD releases theirs? TRD says HP upwards to 200. Reading your posts, it seems like you can push 350? I think anything in the mid-200 is nice. Another question...without a t/c..what are other ways to get an HP raise? even if its 1 or 2HP. What can I upgrade to get every HP out of the engine? From exhaust to cool air intake to what else?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dizzytc
I like what I have been hearing...do you think there will be better turbochargers out before TRD releases theirs? TRD says HP upwards to 200. Reading your posts, it seems like you can push 350? I think anything in the mid-200 is nice. Another question...without a t/c..what are other ways to get an HP raise? even if its 1 or 2HP. What can I upgrade to get every HP out of the engine? From exhaust to cool air intake to what else?

Thanks
Dizzytc, it is a supercharger that TRD is selling not a turbocharge
Old 08-10-2004, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yap, TRD will not have Turbo charge tC :D

Originally Posted by smart boy

Thanks
Dizzytc, it is a supercharger that TRD is selling not a turbocharge
Old 08-10-2004, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ exactly, why are people calling the trd SUPERCHARGER a turbo??? do they not know the difference? :?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, there is 2 different type of setup, All motor and turbo/superC/NOS.

without boosting setup, all motor type can gain power also. Which is under my project too.

Most likely All motor setup will be on Header, catback exhurst and some other parts. That is without modify ECU. I'm not sure how much it will gain, but will let every one know ASAP with ALL MOTOR setup performance parts.
I guess around 200 or + should be no problem, insted spending TRD SC money to get same performance or better.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW, for people who want to get ALOT of power. I will have the piston and Rod and block build up later on for high boosting charging.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they call the TRD turbo charge, forgive them. They may not know what is SC & TC or even NC

Originally Posted by jlaznlover
^^^ exactly, why are people calling the trd SUPERCHARGER a turbo??? do they not know the difference? :?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

We're making a kit, details will be on www.turboscion.com when they're ready. We got caught up at the shop finishing a 451 whp 467 tq SRT-4 and our shop integra (shooting for 600+ whp) getting ready for an upcoming local event...
B
Old 08-10-2004, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got any Dyno pics?

Originally Posted by Firedrake
We're making a kit, details will be on www.turboscion.com when they're ready. We got caught up at the shop finishing a 451 whp 467 tq SRT-4 and our shop integra (shooting for 600+ whp) getting ready for an upcoming local event...
B
Old 08-10-2004, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hope you're including a intercooler in that setup too....
Old 08-10-2004, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by calvinwch
got any Dyno pics?

Originally Posted by Firedrake
B
Dyno pics for the scion or for the neon? There are stock dyno charts for the scion posted on this website, and there are dynos for the neon on our shop page www.solid-technology.com.

Yes, there will be an intercooler available....
B

Quick Reply: Turbos for tC??? Anyone know?