Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Twin-charging

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

another thought , this really doesnt qualify as twin charging, but it is 2 power adders, turbo and NOS works GREAT, use a "medium" size turbo, something like a T3/60-1, by itself would be a little "laggy", would probably be at full boost by around 3500 RPM on this 2.4, put a small dry shot on it , say about a 50 shot, the turbo goes crazy , spools instantly, thereby making alot more than the 50 hp the NOS was jetted to, and the you would also be cooling the intake charge by almost 100* so most of the time 2 power adders will be better than 1 thanx
Old 05-11-2005, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Thrawn
where did you find this picture? it looks like with a small piece of custom piping my K&N CAI should work just fine with the supercharger.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
where did you find this picture? it looks like with a small piece of custom piping my K&N CAI should work just fine with the supercharger.
That's one of Toyota's/TRD's development cars. It appears to have a CAI installed (since there's no air filter in the engine bay.) Until the actual supercharger kit ships, nobody knows what the actual intake configuration will be. I also found this picture:

Which shows the supercharger with a stock looking airbox. McGeorgeParts.com shows this picture of the supercharger kit on their site, which seems to include a replacement for the bottom of the airbox:

Old 05-15-2005, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

just a thought, you could use a roots blower, ie trd type for the celica, and put an electronically controled clutch to disengage the screws of the blower from the pully and have that controled by a pressure switch in the intake mani so the clutch disengaged at say 10-15 psi, then it would be all up to the turbo, which by this point is going at full song. This would eliminate the top end tuning problems. You'd need to run the outlet from the turbo and the blower in parrallel so as was stated earlier, you wouldn't have the turbo compressing say 2 or 3:1 the compresed air from the sc, the tc block won't hold that. However, unless you plan in runing 30-50 psi on the street all the time, you should just run a garrett GT28RS or GT35 turbo plus a 50-75 shot (I prefer wet system) to spool it up at the track...much less expensive and time consuming. Some examples can be found in the DSM community from which I come. look at www.shepracing.com he runs NX kit plus a huge FP custom turbo and runs mid 8's in the quarter on a stock body car with DOT cheater slicks.
Great idea in theory, I'd personally love to try it if I won the lottery. In practice, very difficult and expensive to try however.