Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

unichip at trdsparks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

so sparks released a pre-tuned unit? odd they didnt post - but then again they didnt call me back twice when i needed my sensor last week. shocked on their support because it used to be grade A
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
so sparks released a pre-tuned unit? odd they didnt post - but then again they didnt call me back twice when i needed my sensor last week. shocked on their support because it used to be grade A
Thats is strange. No one here recalls having anything regarding a sensor do you know who you talked to? We have a couple new receptionists and lately they have been sending our customers to the wrong department so we don't even know we have messages! Email us if you still need help at parts@trdsparks.com and we'll help you right away as you are used to

For the UNICHIP its taking us a while to get everything new on our site. We just added it as well as the new Descendant Turbo kits and a few other things. So we are waiting to get it all in order then announce these new things on the forums. We are doing a lot of internal upgrades and things like that so thats what the delay in the announcements is from.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Jamie

PS: I get my UNICHIP on Thursday! Woo Hoo!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

[quote=Sparks_Scion_TRD_Parts;3290354]Thats is strange. No one here recalls having anything regarding a sensor do you know who you talked to? We have a couple new receptionists and lately they have been sending our customers to the wrong department so we don't even know we have messages! [quote]

I left two voicemails - im sure you guys are busy - im not tryin to bad mouth ya, i was just frustrated and having a messed up car is horrible when its your car thats messed up. you guys have good service in the past so im sure it was an oversite. I had to buy the piece locally (and spent more ...ugh) - but its all good. next part ill order through you again. im not going to dog ya just because of a few voicemails. darn frustration gets the best of ya sometimes
Old 09-11-2009, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by syberspyder
Quote:During check-out let us know what modifications you have installed such as exhaust, headers, cold air intake kits, superchargers, etc.

This is odd, when I contacted Unichip about a base map for a supercharger they said it would have to be tuned. If they can pre-program to sc with add-ons this would sway my decision on which piggy-back to go with.
I feel the same way, I am looking at piggybacks right now, if they had a base map for the supercharger I would be getting theirs for sure.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AZGuy
I feel the same way, I am looking at piggybacks right now, if they had a base map for the supercharger I would be getting theirs for sure.
The only other option would be take it to a UNICHIP Tuner and they can easily make you a base map for the S/C.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sparks_Scion_TRD_Parts
The only other option would be take it to a UNICHIP Tuner and they can easily make you a base map for the S/C.

Quote:During check-out let us know what modifications you have installed such as exhaust, headers, cold air intake kits, superchargers, etc.<--copied from your website when this thread was created

I see you have changed the description on your site, I knew it was too good to be true. Now the cost of a tune needs to be added to the price for anyone with a sc.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by syberspyder
Quote:During check-out let us know what modifications you have installed such as exhaust, headers, cold air intake kits, superchargers, etc.<--copied from your website when this thread was created

I see you have changed the description on your site, I knew it was too good to be true. Now the cost of a tune needs to be added to the price for anyone with a sc.
Of course! :-) Our webperson added the UNICHIP products to our site and copied the description from the Tundra and FJ/Tacoma which UNICHIP had Supercharger Tunes for which is why they were also on the Scion.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching.....
Old 09-22-2009, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did the price go up? I could have sworn it was listed for $450 a week or two ago. Now it says $495.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nah it wasn't $450.00. But we did have to raise the price a little bit by about $20.00. We were told we were selling it too low, so we are required by the manufacturer to sell it at no less than a certain amount.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can get it from Unichip for around $450. $495 + 10% discount code.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there any Unichip certified tuners in the NJ/NY area?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

would pick one up and get a tune for my SC, but i need to ind a unichip tuner around the bayarea in CA
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sadly no. If there was a good tuner in central jersey you might even say there will be too much business cause this whole area has a ton of people helpless. Its sad. Ripp mods has peri and and when he goes out on the reserves there is nobody. If you car goes way out of tune you can't wait two weeks or four weeks
Old 10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SoulXquisite, you could buy my chip for $400 shipped the go get it tuned in Oakland.

Bauer Porsche - Unichip Custom Tuner
411 26th Street
Oakland, California 94612
(510) 834-2772
chris@abauer.com
Old 10-02-2009, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah just gotta get some money saved up
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hehe - i wonder how much a porsche tuner charges ...bet its a few bucks cause they are used to dealing w/ porsches
Old 10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sparks_Scion_TRD_Parts
I'm getting one for my xB with the dual exhaust and TRD Intake kit. It will be here soon and I'll let you know about it. You have to remember yes your paying $400+ but then again I remember paying over $600+ for my CAI and Exhaust together and probably only received 10-15 hp. So $400+ for the same additional gains is worth the money to me. Especially since when you modify or make changes to your parts you can just update the file on the PnP and off you go again! I'm excited to get mine so I will make updates on what I think about it.

Jamie
Did you install yet? How is the performance?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

sparks, how are you marketing this product? Are you saying that there is a generic (real safe) tune on it and people are running it like that? For the unichip I would have thought getting it tuned on a dyno would be mandatory

Quick Reply: unichip at trdsparks?