Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

unichip at trdsparks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sparks_Scion_TRD_Parts
The last guy that asked us if we could tune it for the SC also had a 9.5lb pulley which UNICHIP does not have. Whatever UNICHIP has I can get because I work direct with them :-).
That was probably me you are talking about. I just ordered the unichip w/SC 9.5lb pulley from unichip.us. I wonder why they aren't sharing.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unichip doesn't have the tune/map for SC with 9.5lb pulley. They only have the one for the stock pulley so you need to be sure of what you are getting. They can help to tune yours to work with the 9.5lb pulley see the response I got from R&D in UNICHIP just the other day:

If the customer is willing to work with us we can get him a map.
This will mean that he will need to buy a Unichip Reflash kit.
I will setup a private area where he can download maps to test and report back, I will change the maps based on his feedback until we have a perfect map for his mods.

So if you are going to run your car with the 9.5lb pulley but tuned for the stock pulley its not going to be healthy for the tC.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
SL Member

We have the tune for the pre SC tuned. Or do you mean with the SC? Pre SC means before SC. The last guy that asked us if we could tune it for the SC also had a 9.5lb pulley which UNICHIP does not have. Whatever UNICHIP has I can get because I work direct with them :-).
Hmmm... I have the SC (w/ the TRD reflash) running the stock pulley but i will be switching out the pulley for the 9.5 this spring. I was hoping to buy the unichip "pretuned" for the 9.5 pulley which i thought they had the map for at unichip. Soo... U guys can only get the map for the SC with the stock pulley?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
SL Member

We have the tune for the pre SC tuned. Or do you mean with the SC? Pre SC means before SC. The last guy that asked us if we could tune it for the SC also had a 9.5lb pulley which UNICHIP does not have. Whatever UNICHIP has I can get because I work direct with them :-).
Originally Posted by syberspyder
That was probably me you are talking about. I just ordered the unichip w/SC 9.5lb pulley from unichip.us. I wonder why they aren't sharing.
LOL... What the f**k is going on here?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciMeiji
Hmmm... I have the SC (w/ the TRD reflash) running the stock pulley but i will be switching out the pulley for the 9.5 this spring. I was hoping to buy the unichip "pretuned" for the 9.5 pulley which i thought they had the map for at unichip. Soo... U guys can only get the map for the SC with the stock pulley?
Yes. However as mentioned earlier if your willing to work with us and UNICHIP we can tune for the 9.5lb pulley but you have to get a reflash kit.

LOL... What the f**k is going on here?
You got me. I know UNICHIP very well so I know they aren't blowing spoke my way. I'll contact them tomorrow and clarify.

Jamie
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
SL Member

The reflash idea sounds like a whole lotta trial and error hassle plus the expense of the reflash kit. I might be better off just driving an hour to the closest unichip tuner IF u guys cant get the 9.5 map.

In the meantime i'll be waiting to hear what they say to you tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reflash idea sounds like a whole lotta trial and error hassle plus the expense of the reflash kit. I might be better off just driving an hour to the closest unichip tuner IF u guys cant get the 9.5 map.

In the meantime i'll be waiting to hear what they say to you tomorrow.

Ok guys! Got it all figured out.

UNICHIP does in fact have tunes for the tC supercharged with both the stock pulley and the 9.5lb pulley and the TRD Reflash but nothing else in regards to the supercharger. I was told no almost 2 weeks ago by a newer guy working there because my friend that runs the place wasn't there that day.

I was also told that with any boosted application you get the best power when doing a custom tune, I know you mentioned that the reflash kit sounded like a lot of trial and error however thats what tuning is all about. What I'll do is get the reflash kit for us here @ Sparks and for the cost of shipping only, I'll let you guys "borrow" it while your working with us and UNICHIP to get it tuned.

So I apologize for saying there wasn't such a tune, but glad we got it clarified!

Jamie
Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

UNICHIP does in fact have tunes for the tC supercharged with both the stock pulley and the 9.5lb pulley and the TRD Reflash but nothing else in regards to the supercharger. I was told no almost 2 weeks ago by a newer guy working there because my friend that runs the place wasn't there that day.

I was also told that with any boosted application you get the best power when doing a custom tune, I know you mentioned that the reflash kit sounded like a lot of trial and error however thats what tuning is all about. What I'll do is get the reflash kit for us here @ Sparks and for the cost of shipping only, I'll let you guys "borrow" it while your working with us and UNICHIP to get it tuned.

So I apologize for saying there wasn't such a tune, but glad we got it clarified!

Jamie
SO... having the unichip with 9.5 map installed on a sc tc with 9.5 pulley would not require additional tuning? Or do u mean it's just a base map and would still need tuning?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:12 PM
SL Member

Jamie
Its a great day to be supercharged!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by KyleL
SO... having the unichip with 9.5 map installed on a sc tc with 9.5 pulley would not require additional tuning? Or do u mean it's just a base map and would still need tuning?
No additional tuning required just plug n play. However because everyones car is different u may be able to yeild even better results if u find a Unichip tuner, especially if u have supporting mods like IHE.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a great day to be supercharged!
indeed.

has anyone installed the unichip with 9.5 map? What kind of gains can be expected?

Last edited by KyleL; 03-04-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by KyleL
indeed.

has anyone installed the unichip with 9.5 map? What kind of gains can be expected?
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...unichip&page=2
Old 03-04-2010, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks. and here I was reading the supercharger thread FOR EVER