Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Updated exhaust thread?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Updated exhaust thread?

scion life,

first post, although i have been browsing for a week or two. basically, my "significant other" is picking on a scion within the week. its my job to research the bolt ect (shes coming from a full bolt on 01 GT)

anyways, exhaust is first. the exhaust thread is full of dead links.

i have looked on you tube, streetfire.net, and google, with decent results. i honeslty think that the TRD sounds the best. nice growl, not too pitchy or honda-like. i have read the borla is the same (the variation that is configured like the trd) but, the mufflers do look different. after a few hours in this forum, its known the trd isnt the best for HP either.

perferably, i would like a cat/axle back that will sound similar to the TRD, but provide the gains as well. i know it wont be much either way, but might as well do it right from the start.

also, i am not looking for a canister exit, or being able to see the muffler from the back (read, HKS). shes just not into that.

taking all that into consideration, i am left between the magnaflow, borla, precision, TRD.....i think thats all i could find. any videos would be great. i also was interested in a header, until i heard how horrid they made i sound. not worth the 10 hp. basically, i want the trd sound with the performance (2.5"?)

thanks in advance,

jon

edit- i guess i should mention that i would also be able to add s/mid pipe in the future, im not sure if that makes a difference in the choice.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

a header on these cars really kills the chance for a non-ricey sounding exhaust tone without the addition of resonators. If you get a header, make srue you add at least 1 good sized one.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

PrecisionMuffler.com (magnaflow exhaust) FTW!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah, not to mention, there a lot of exhausts that are not listed there. Hopefully, i will try to get a video up of my ARK N2 without header/intake.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Megan OE-RS looks physically similar to the stock muffler. I just installed it today, and it's pretty quiet. I'm going to try and get sound clips after I install the mid-pipe and s-pipe.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

100% go with DEZOD NA catback exhaust! looks like stock but gives ~14hp and sounds mean!

plus if u add a header, just throw another resonator on the midpipe and voila ur all set. and the NA exhaust is 2.5 piping i believe.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you mention NA exhaust. there is a good chance it will have a TRD charger on it shortly.......

any sound clips of the dezoid exhaust?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

actually dezod say that the exhaust is a perfect match for the SC :D and we all know dezod doesnt bullsh!t :D u can ask them here. paul and joe are awesome guys.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Updated exhaust thread?

Originally Posted by racerxj17
taking all that into consideration, i am left between the magnaflow, borla, precision, TRD.....i think thats all i could find. any videos would be great. i also was interested in a header, until i heard how horrid they made i sound. not worth the 10 hp. basically, i want the trd sound with the performance (2.5"?)

thanks in advance,

jon

edit- i guess i should mention that i would also be able to add s/mid pipe in the future, im not sure if that makes a difference in the choice.
The answer is Easy!! The PrecisionMuffler.com axle back will get rid of any rasp that you will have when you do get the header. Plan for the future now and get the PrecisionMuffler.com axle back. :D

Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

check the sticky on exhaust clips...my clip is up of the ARK N2