Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

upgraded cams

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Intake manifold won't gain you crap, the stock one is actually really nice (and a pain to touch) Also the only intake manifolds for the tC are for boosted applications and would likely hurt performance on a non-boosted vehicle
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
Intake manifold won't gain you crap, the stock one is actually really nice (and a pain to touch) Also the only intake manifolds for the tC are for boosted applications and would likely hurt performance on a non-boosted vehicle
true( heat soak ) will kill a none boosted application. remember some vendor here is selling intake manifolds or tring to sell manifolds . but no dyno sheets, i wonder why( before and after with vids..
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i have both actually the bc stage two cams and the weapon r intake manifold. However i also have CAI, 4-2-1 header, exhaust, and a 75 wet shot also an automatic. Not dynoed yet needs a tune also waiting to go on is the blitz throttle controller. I noticed at around 3000 rpm right around the time vvt-i kicks in a increase in power on juice damn all i can say is that manifold loves both boost and juice lol. Im going to the track on friday to see what it runs and ill post up numbers as well as a time sheet.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blitz throttle controller...................get the TWP throttle controller is does so much more for half the price
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys im curious on the cams as well. helping a friend do a build and he wants to keep an n/a build. i dont see why cams wouldnt help. i know the tc valve lift goes to 50 degrees cam adv during the power band, but not for long but at least it does. thats saying something. im sure if there is more duration and maybe a little more aggressive valve lift that power will be made. also there is always more power in more air flow. no matter what you do. if u can port/ port match anything or open up airflow there will be power. now im not talking on factory tune. eff that piece. im saying actually getting down and adding the fuel for all the bolt on mods along with cams. u free up the air flow u can keep the cams advanced more and longer on the top end which hey guess what, means more air and you combine that with some fuel and ign adv that wont blow your $hit up then hey guess what more power. now unfortunately the tc engine sucks and doesnt put down much power but hey for what it is it doesnt do too bad. so for my .02 im willing to bet that the BC cams do make power. BC is a good company and gives other vehicles power with their cams so they wouldnt chinch out on the tc.