Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

V6 tC

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChicagosFinest
We're just gonna go manual now.. so it may be a little longer then expected.. updates shortly
Smart move!!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basstrack17
luv the swap idea; nothing wrong with having a "one off" car ( in fact that unique-ness is pretty cool when you roll into a parking lot or show ). And if it weighs more, or gets worse gas mileage, or..... so what.
You know, when we stuffed a 351 v8 into a Pinto, we never heard anyone saying "that's heavier then the 4", or "you'll get worse gas mileage".....
In fact, once they caught up to us, a thumbs up said it all.

nice job so far
Thanks for the praises. With the weight reduction in the car, the weight is not a concern.. however EVEN if we weren't stripping the car down, the power to weight ratio would be greater.. Being a v6 with high compression, provides more response to boost. Now it's true that we're not gonna set records in the Scion, and that it's more for show... We're not afraid that we're losing anything with the swap.

As for the progress, we're waiting on some diagrams for some new motor mounts (because the tranny has 3 of the mounts) . Other then the new motor mounts we're pretty much set minus some hoses, wiring and tuning.

Auto vs. V6... Really people need to get over this argument. Personally I'm indifferent, because It's more of a preference then it is anything else.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and always remember: personalizing a car means just that--doing it for yourself, not what others would want or do....
Old 04-13-2007, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wacthing.....
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i definetly have to give you guys probs..i know how hard a motor swap is just in my 88 monte carlo(when its a motor that the car could have came with, just not originally)

so definitely props, especially if you have to make the mounts your self
Old 04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Bang-er-ang!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know if you post it yet. I'm to lazy to go back and check the pages. I have a hang over right now. lol How much did you spend so far on your project?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
I don't know if you post it yet. I'm to lazy to go back and check the pages. I have a hang over right now. lol How much did you spend so far on your project?
not very easy to post with a hangover is it??
Old 04-20-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wooow i jus found out about this a day ago ! (watching thread)
Old 04-21-2007, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man tell them to hurry up with those diagrams/mounts I need to see some videos of a v6 tC !!

PLease please pleeeease do a twin turbo. Even if you don't have room, take the dang hood off.....that's the best thing to do with those two extra cyldeners!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

I will post some videos when it's done. We have our deadlines, the mounts are done. Alot of the process has turned into a waiting game. But, we will meet our deadlines, debut at Exposed in Ohio, and try to hit other regional events before taking the tC to Orlando.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, good luck with everything... the one thing i want to pitch in is if you plan on boosting your new engine, you should get that compression ration way down... 10.75:1? and you're looking for like 12 psi? that's gonna go boom.

after reding the first 6 pages i stopped so sorry if someone else said that already.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, you should have a clear plan before you start everything, if you haven't already... if you're looking for first go N/A, then you're looking to boost it, that's 2 totally different approaches and you would do a few things very differently. that being said, i would think about what you want out of the car before dumping tons of money into it. unless you hve tons of money to waste, then all the power to ya.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Please re-read the thread. I've pretty much said what you've said in those two posts. The only thing is that I see the potential of 10.75:1 compression under boost, Although it's delicate, if built right it's a beast.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do your thang man.
I would like to see the outcome of it. new engine mounts looks clean .
Old 04-22-2007, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

clean is less important to me then them being beastly. I'd prefer a stable mount over a pretty one any day of the week. And they're pretty godly and clean.

While the majority of this is two guys, some tools and a tC and a v6.. it's not like we're shooting in the dark here. We did the research and put the time in. unfortunately no one saw all the effort we put in before posting this thread.. We're not some noobs with deep pockets.. we actually have budgets and deadlines and months of research.. we're not going to do anything unsafely and we're not going to risk anything we can't reasonably replace. We've done this whole thing with one sponsorship, and I don't know how much of a sponsorship it actually is/was because there's no contract stating that I even have to mention their name or fulfill any requirements. I will say, with out Heir Automotive that absolutely none of this would have been possible, but I also have to extend this to everyone who's had their hands in this project.

About the progress or sometimes lack there of, there is not work done every day to the car. unfortunately between school, work, and other obligations the tC's sometimes neglected. There are also surprises that come up that are beyond anyone's control being that absolutely no one else has done such a thing, although I wish someone had so I'd have a concrete game plan and didn't have these disruptions. As conveniently as the engine fits, there's still alot that isn't accounted for by most when looking at this thread and the pictures posted.

All that being said, I'd like to thank everyone for their support. I really had thought more people would object to the project, as I was warned by people who have done similar things.

When the car's done, I'll post some show's and events that the car will be at.. I can't say whether or not I'll be attending because of my ever demanding schedule, but I'm sure that everyone would rather see my car then my ugly face.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Banned
SL Member

Are you updating this thread or another one?
Old 05-14-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

looks like a tight squeeze. to tired to read all this so i'm just going to wait for updates. and say GL! i want to see this baby turn over first shot.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

taking the tC to orlando? for what?
Old 05-14-2007, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

I'm moving down there at the end of the summer.