Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Video clip of different TC exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

umm i dont mean to be stupid...but how do you actually watch the video..i dont see where your supposed to watch it..sorry for sounding dumb
Old 09-30-2005, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nevermind guys i got it it just wasnt showing anything when i opened it the first few times
Old 09-30-2005, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

u just click download
Old 10-01-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I remember seeing a comment stating how low the Injen exhaust pipe was. I thought it was in this thread, but I could not find the post.
Anyway, I got my Injen exhaust today, and an hour and a half later I had installed it....and it sounds AWSOME! I LOVE it! Looks perfect too! My car seems to reve more freely, but I'm sure that's just my mind playin tricks on me.
But anyway, I measured the lowest part of the stock exhaust, and with the TRD springs settled, there was 5 inch clearance. With the Injen, I measured 4.5 inch clearance. Not bad. Plus, since that part is right below the axle, as long as you go over bumps straight, the exhaust should clear no problem. If you go over crocked, I'm not sure, but it won't be much different then stock.
One thing, though, while I was driving around testing out my new exhaust, it started smelling funny. I'm assuming it's just the new exhaust burning stuff off, and I think I remember someone mentioning it, but if anyone can reasure me, I'd appreciate it.
Well, it's been a month with my exhaust, and I'm completely used to it, just like my short shifter. The only time I really notice it is driving up the garage at work...everyday! Anyway, I was looking at the pipe, and it looked lower then when I first installed it. Sure enough, it is now just 4" off the ground with the TRD drop! Kinda low. But then again, the stock exhaust pipe was 5" off the ground, and the new one is 1/2" thicker, so 1" lower isn't too bad, but yeah, it's kinda low. I'd be worried about having it with a tien or goldline drop. But with the TRDs, it's just fine. I love it!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

thanks gjpjr84 for rehosting......
Old 10-01-2005, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

not a problem, I am a pack rat with EVERY SINGLE digital file that I download or get somehow. its so easy for me to find a spot and leave it there. and my love of getting a lot of hard drive space keeps me from running out of room. gotta love the 300gb externals!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sound Clip: TRD exhaust AW header K&N and custom mid pipe:
http://media.putfile.com/file11168

Just remember that a TRD with a custom mid pipe is a cat back system. When you buy any axel back it still has up-front restrictions...hence why the TRD does not post HP numbers like a cat back. Also do any of these cars have a header as that makes all sounds change....after putting a header and s on my TRD I had to spend like $250 to quite it back down with resonators.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for rehosting....awesome vid. anyone had the megan catback installed w/ vid and sound???
Old 10-04-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 400amonth

Just remember that a TRD with a custom mid pipe is a cat back system. When you buy any axel back it still has up-front restrictions...hence why the TRD does not post HP numbers like a cat back. Also do any of these cars have a header as that makes all sounds change....after putting a header and s on my TRD I had to spend like $250 to quite it back down with resonators.
That was one of the weakest sound clips I have ever heard... You probably didn't even pass 1500 rpms.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

im with rythmnsmoke. give it a little gas. its ok dont be scerrd...
Old 10-04-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by matty-tC
IMO it's sad that we don't have the Draxas/CC/ZPI exhausts on here

they seem to all have dropped the ball... still waiting on the sound clip before i drop the $750-800 on the exhaust
i should be recieving my draxas exuast last this week, early next week. I will install it ASAP... but i dont have a header as of yet. Once draxas releases their header, i will add that to make my exhaust compeletly draxas.

draxas has been extremely busy and the president as been flying all around the country, back and froth from the west coast to east. I will be assisting him here on the forums, so if you guys have any other questions reguarding draxas, feel free to ask me.

ill keep ya updated on it, and will start a new thread when my exhaust arrives
Old 10-06-2005, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Update on the draxas Exhaust @ https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...092579#1092579
Old 10-07-2005, 10:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

That was one of the weakest sound clips I have ever heard... You probably didn't even pass 1500 rpms.
FYI I actually was poping it to around 3000 rpm. What you are noticing is that it is not that loud..hence my whole 3 resonator project ya tard. I will try to get some audio of me flooring it & bouncing the rev limiter on it since we all drive that way.
Seriously......I will try to get a clip of the engine under load in a few days.

Scott
Old 10-07-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

FYI I actually was poping it to around 3000 rpm. What you are noticing is that it is not that loud..hence my whole 3 resonator project ya tard. I will try to get some audio of me flooring it & bouncing the rev limiter on it since we all drive that way.
Seriously......I will try to get a clip of the engine under load in a few days.

Scott

Dude...If that was 3k rpm, then that was just as quite as the stock exhaust system, if not quieter. Guess preferences amongst people. I want to be heard when I blow the doors off the local ricers.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its cool...when i get more time i will add some more clips....also keep in mind the car has no cats at all and just resonators and trd exhaust.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

its cool...when i get more time i will add some more clips....also keep in mind the car has no cats at all and just resonators and trd exhaust.

Wow..really! Didn't know you were running cat-less. I am the opposite. I have no res and left the cat (at least until the turbo goes on). If I were to take the cat out, I would be even louder. I have vids of my exhaust on here too.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow..really! Didn't know you were running cat-less. I am the opposite. I have no res and left the cat (at least until the turbo goes on). If I were to take the cat out, I would be even louder. I have vids of my exhaust on here too.
OK here ya go first the audio clip of a normal start up and then vid of it on the dyno wide freaking open today. Like I said from what I have heard WITH a header on a TC I think it may be as toned down as possible.

Audio

Video...probably getting hit hard at this sec (10-07-05 5:00 PM East Coast)
http://www.jusspress.com/day.php?use...entTime=004418

TRD with K&N with AW header with CC S-pipe and custom mid pipe at 2.25 inches with 2 resonators and a custom resonator tip on the TRD exhaust.

Scott
Old 10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK here ya go first the audio clip of a normal start up and then vid of it on the dyno wide freaking open today. Like I said from what I have heard WITH headers and cats I think I am doing alright.

Audio
http://media.putfile.com/file11168Video...probably getting hit hard at this sec (10-07-05 5:00 PM East Coast)
http://www.jusspress.com/day.php?use...entTime=004418

TRD with K&N with AW header with CC S-pipe and custom mid pipe at 2.25 inches with 2 resonators and a custom resonator tip on the TRD exhaust.

Scott
damn your car sounds GOOOOD!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is my domain link:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2087543

Scott
Old 10-10-2005, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really like the way the TRD exhaust sounded, but then again it's only an axle-back. I really wish everyone did an acceleration run with the defferent exhausts, would have made it an easier choice and one could get to hear what they really sound like. Oh well, I think I'm going to wait and see what Dezod comes up with when they release their turbo kit and exhaust system.

Quick Reply: Video clip of different TC exhausts