Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon r intake manifold problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

^ Double negatives in your last sentence, lol

sorry just had to point that out! lol
Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not arguing with you on that because I do you know you try to work with your customers. I haven't bought anything else WR since the short ram I had on my 05 that I don't have anymore bc it was totaled. If your website or sales representative didn't make these things clear during the sale then is it the customers fault? .....
If you're manifold included installation hardware for a "bolt-on kit" then that is great and this thread should have never been made, the fact that it was released for sale means it was approved through all of your R&D research, and it should have included the install kit if needed. The OEM manifold does more than a sufficient job and I don't see the need for upgrade it has been proven but If I decided to upgrade for whatever reason I would not get a square body intake only a round body that my friend designs and makes in his racing shop and it includes velocity stacks as well.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM
SL Member

....round body plenum + velocity stacks...care to explain how that works. Isn't runner length and plenum volume(not shape) the most important factors?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bennyboopy
....round body plenum + velocity stacks...care to explain how that works. Isn't runner length and plenum volume(not shape) the most important factors?
All of that plus more plays a huge factor in performance and don't you think something flowing into a round body vs square body would have greater flow and higher velocity.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
I am not arguing with you on that because I do you know you try to work with your customers. I haven't bought anything else WR since the short ram I had on my 05 that I don't have anymore bc it was totaled. If your website or sales representative didn't make these things clear during the sale then is it the customers fault? .....
If you're manifold included installation hardware for a "bolt-on kit" then that is great and this thread should have never been made, the fact that it was released for sale means it was approved through all of your R&D research, and it shouldn't have included the install kit if needed. The OEM manifold does more than a sufficient job and I don't see the need for upgrade it has been proven but If I decided to upgrade for whatever reason I would not get a square body intake only a round body that my friend designs and makes in his racing shop and it includes velocity stacks as well.
Not trying to argue with you bro.. Just pointing out some simple things..
I think chris is handling this problem with you right now..
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats un-professional Weapon r is you advertising a product as a bolt on product, when you know its not and then coming up with excuse after excuse about all it flaws; bend this, cut this out, we forgot to package this.....blah blah balh. Also I would of contact you first, but it was Sat night when I found out there were flaws with this and you were closed and I wanted to let people know before they bought it so they weren't disappointed like I was. Oh and for the record Descandant makes a intake manifold kit that will fit the OEM, do your research! Also thanks for posting my pictures of the flaws, it helped prove my point. I am done talking about this, people can make there own judgement on your products. As for me I just want to send your product back to you so I can get a full refund.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iowa_TC1
Whats un-professional weapon r is you advertising a product as a bolt on product, when you know its not and then coming up with excuse after excuse about all it flaws. Bend this, cut this out, we forgot to package this.....blah blah balh. Oh and for the record descandant make a intake manifold kit that will fit the OEM, do your research! Also thanks for posting my pictures of the flaws, it help me to prove my point.
Im just stating the facts.. Did it not bolt up to your engine..?
Your talking about your INTAKE SYSTEM not bolting up.. Because the Tb flange is in a different angle.. And FYI that intake manifold you have to modify the Intake System to fit onto this manifold.. You really need to do your homework...

It's a SQUARE Manifold with the TB flange at the end.. When your TB faces up towards the hood..
Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching for good results.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Were did you say that the TB flange was off or that some after market air intakes wouldn't work? Because all you guys are saying is you said it, I don't see this in writing anywhere. You should of wrote it in the product describition! All I want is a refund without a restocking fee period, that is fair. What does everyone else think?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:10 AM
SL Member

From the areas of car modding I come from nothing that says bolt on actually is. If I were you I would gather your SRI tubing and a hacksaw and get to work.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If someone pays 600 dollars for a product they want it to be worth 600 dollars. Point is thank u i did wannna buy this product but have now changed my mind.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 AM
SL Member

Yeh, I totally get the anger. I am just way too stubborn and would have forced myself to fab something
Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your right I could of fab something up and made it work, but the point is I shouldn't have to for $600. Look at weapon r excuses and the quality of there products, I mean come on you can't polish a spot on the intake because: (the buffer wouldn't reach it or because you won't see it), another is: (just bend your air intake bracket to make it fit) or (cut the wire out of the TB gasket), If they would of mention this in some instruction or on the product descripition I would have no room to complain, but that fact is they didn't and what kind of company doesn't take pride anof in there stuff to make it look there absolute best. I'm mean look at strup headers they are shined to a perfect finish, the don't give exuse and say there buffer won't reach that area they shine it. Weapon r also want to charge me a restocking fee because there product was flawed, is that right?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No thats not right but alot of companys do that whether its car products or home entertainment.. its the way they dont lose out completly...Well lesson learned thank u 4 lettin me know though!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Your right I could of fab something up and made it work, but the point is I shouldn't have to for $600. Look at weapon r excuses and the quality of there products, I mean come on you can't polish a spot on the intake because: (the buffer wouldn't reach it or because you won't see it), another is: (just bend your air intake bracket to make it fit) or (cut the wire out of the TB gasket), If they would of mention this in some instruction or on the product descripition I would have no room to complain, but that fact is they didn't and what kind of company doesn't take pride anof in there stuff to make it look there absolute best. I'm mean look at strup headers they are shined to a perfect finish, the don't give exuse and say there buffer won't reach that area they shine it. Weapon r also want to charge me a restocking fee because there product was flawed, is that right?
you cant compare a stainless header, to an aluminum manifold.This is what we are going to do. I am going to pull a brand new manifold go into our polish room and polish the manifold untill it blings to your finish you want. i will include the spacers, and will state that your intake might not be 100% perfect position. but it will fit. THE MANIFOLD IS 100% BOLT ON! As we have done it.

I am willing to take care of you as you requested.

that's all we can do. Weapon-R can not take back a manifold without a restocking fee. there is nothing wrong with the manifold you received.
check our websites policys!
http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...d=28&chapter=0

All returns and exchanges request must be submitted with the actual dealer-vendor for RGA# authorization. "ONLY" items in " NEW RESALABLE CONDITION" will be accepted for return/exchange within 30 days upon delivery, repack in original box, freight prepaid with copy of the receipt/RGA#, and detail reason explanation. All special orders, used, altered, missing item, or not returned in the original package, will "NOT" be accepted. Return/Exchange may be subject to 25%-50% restocking fee, "No refund" after 30 days. Failure to comply will result in forfeit and release of any and all claims.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chris your return policy would off been find except for the fact that you left out information that was relevant to the sell before I bought it and that would off swayed my decision to buy another product. Just because you edit your website listing after the fact doesn't make it ok. So here is what I am going to do, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau about this and be seeking other ways to get my money back.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Chris your return policy would off been find except for the fact that you left out information that was relevant to the sell before I bought it and that would off swayed my decision to buy another product. Just because you edit your website listing after the fact doesn't make it ok. So here is what I am going to do, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau about this and be seeking other ways to get my money back.
The policy has been there for many many years!
See we are willing to handle this situation and customer is not willing to resolve!
You also didn't buy this product from us directly!
There is nothing to warranty on this manifold NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

YOU have email!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am trying to resolve it, give me my money back and we can be done period, do you think I want to waste my time with this, no. But the facts are the facts, you guys messed up so deal with it like a professional and give me a return! I'm not asking for anything more or anything less. If this was another company this wouldn't be a this big of a issue. And Chris it not the polish that I'm so mad about it is the combonation of things that tick me off. Lets say you polished the manifold to a crazy shine like your talking about, but what about the vacuum hose port that is missing for the TB or the fact that the gasket groove was cut on backward or the fact that I still have to alter my made to fit OEM air intake. If you would of made a manifold like you said you were to began with than this would be a problem. I don't see why you didn't make the TB flange postion like the OEM one orginally, is the geomatry and math that hard?

Originally Posted by cee_dub2003
The policy has been there for many many years!
See we are willing to handle this situation and customer is not willing to resolve!
You also didn't buy this product from us directly!
There is nothing to warranty on this manifold NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 AM
SL Member

Come on man, Better Business Bureau threats? First I don't see why any vendors should be at fault when they have a clearly laid out restocking fee. If the same the same thing happened with any big companies it would be just the same. As for the intake, yes it isn't quite just a bolt on it seems. There was some fault at Weapon R but at the same time it isn't really a defective product. They will have to update their data to better portray the characteristics of the intake and the install. It is not reasonable to expect a smaller company to test with every single intake that is on the market. At the same time no matter what the product, there are always issues when new things are first released. Just look at the gen 2 XBs and all the problems with the first few thousand and the Pillar spot welds creating annoying noises. You ventured into somewhat new territory and it wasn't what you expected...lesson learned

Quick Reply: Weapon r intake manifold problems