Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon r intake manifold problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

off topic but didnt weapon R have to redo their header for fitment issues. thats why there was a "gen 1" and "gen 2"?
not to be rude but if i paid 600 for a piece of equipment and it didnt fit perfectly i would be angry too. times are hard now so for someone to drop 6 bills on a car part and this to happen is pretty foul. i feel the best thing to do is refund the guy and make the correct mods to your part and post up about the corrected issues. you will wind up loosing alot more $$ if this post keep up. for not refunding 600 you can loose 10x more since people will keep reading. once again this is just MY opinion. others may not agree and i didnt expect them to. have a great day.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A. You shouldn't expect the company to return the product just because of a very small fitment issue. They should however, offer you an intake that fits with the kit since they did not mention the issue. This would make the situation right. Also, they should clearly post on their sit that a cold air intake or turbo kit will not work with this manifold due to the "off" fitment.

B. You bought the first run of a new product that was rushed to market due to the requests on this site. You should have realized it may not be perfect. It's just like buying the first year of a new car. You expect there may be some issue, but you can't just return the car.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Thanks for the few that do understand. Weapon-R is willing to exchange the manifold for a higher polish per customer. Also provide the spacers needed. Now with the vacuum port! when we did our dyno , our R&D and fitment we have not encountered another vacuum port. 3 separate cars and sessions we did not encounter another port. This is something we will look into.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow this is just ridiculous. Why do people keep harassing people that bought a production product and was suppose to be bolt on and wasn’t. People keep standing up for all these companies saying they offer good products this and that. If it were a good product the R&D would have been completed and no issue's would be there. Point blank after R&D has been done there shouldn’t be any fitment issue or concerns to be worried about unless it is clearly expressed on the companies website for that product. R&D is done for a reason to sort out all the issue so it will be a true bolt on product!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bennyboopy
It is not reasonable to expect a smaller company to test with every single intake that is on the market.
They dont have to test out every single intake thats out on the market... They should of just tested it out on the stock intake in the 1st place since everyone knows how the stock one fits and just compare the fitments to that intake. And make notes on any changes that had to be made for for the intake manifold to fit perfectly with the intake, and everything would of been fine...
Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AdmirN
Originally Posted by bennyboopy
It is not reasonable to expect a smaller company to test with every single intake that is on the market.
They dont have to test out every single intake thats out on the market... They should of just tested it out on the stock intake in the 1st place since everyone knows how the stock one fits and just compare the fitments to that intake. And make notes on any changes that had to be made for for the intake manifold to fit perfectly with the intake, and everything would of been fine...
The test car we checked fittment with the Stock hose connected to a ARC box.. everything bolted up fine..
Old 02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it goes both ways. you can never be sure that when you buy something that its not from the factory that its going to fit right. also did u read any other reviews saying that it fit 100 percent ? i know i wait till i see a few reviews because that gives me proof that it worked on others and not mine witch would make my fight easier. bottom line is depending on the company, you buy aftermarket you have to work with it to make it fit. i have bought plenty of parts that i put on my ride that i took off cause they were not what i wanted. lost a lot of money but i learned and so will you. unless your making it ur self you will never be sure of what it is your getting till u have it and uve tried it and you make ur opinion. _____ing a bout it aint gonna solve nothing. weapon r i thank you for creating this product. it is something the tc needed for those running boost and looking to make some extra power and replace the weak link. but you guys know were you stand you know what you have to fix and well you can take it as some feed back as to what needs to change on your web site. now you know what it will work with and what it wont work with. or what just has to be modified to fit. 600 is steep price but you have to pay to play and not everything is going to be handed to you. maybe you would have had better help if you didn't talk all the ____ about them and then expect them to help and bend backwards for you. if anything rock paper scissors it and who ever wins gets what they want. haha easiest way i know,
Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
it is something the tc needed for those running boost and looking to make some extra power and replace the weak link.
Give me some examples of people blowing their intakes on a tC, list there setup, list there engine management. The OEM Manifold has been proven sufficient and Ptuning is using the OEM intake manifold. If you blow the OEM manifold then you have an issue with your BOV not being sufficient for your setup, tune is bad, there are a lot of variables when it comes to cars so there could be something else but what I am trying to get to is something on your setup wasn’t sufficient for what you are doing (and not being the intake manifold). The majority of people here are not going to run more than 14 pounds even up to 20 pounds the intake manifold is more than sufficient.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:37 PM
SL Member

I don't think he meant blowing the manifold. It is more for altering the powerband of the engine.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was a guy that lived near my area that drove a 2005 scion tc. his mods included a one off turbo kit with a top mount gt35 turbo, im not sure what ems he was running but i belive it was aem. he ran the car fine while he was breaking it in. after his break in period it was tuned at 17 psi and the car ran fine for a while. few months after that a group of us went down to yakima renegade 1/4 mile track and on his second pass he cracked the manifold. the car was tuned and had a good tune. it did not run like crap or anything it ran just right. so there was nothing wrong with his tune or set up. the bov was in good shape also. everything was checked at the track since they did not know why he had lost boost preasure. he still managed to drive the car home and everything and he found out it was the plastic intake mani. had a crack about an inch and a half. he had that same shop build him a new one and he made more power and took care of the problem. i saw the manifold over a year ago. i dont know what happened to the guy but his car was the one that inspired me to look into the scion brand to begin with. i remember the problem because i figured if i bought one there was someone that would produce one. well ive had my car for almost 3 years and they are now coming out witch is good cause im going boosted so installing one on an n/a set up unless running cams would be pointless to me. so ya why not upgrade ? stock is good for others but not me. if there is something stronger and better quality than ya ill look into it when the time comes that i might need it.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so ya i dont mean blow up but ive seen it here on the boards too a few people cracking theirs. and even if it was caused by a ____ tune, it shouldnt be something you gotta worry bout cracking so just to be able to have something that will be stronger and you can rely on than thats worth it also.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just some info for the people that are saying that weapon r shouldn't have to test every after market air intake to make sure it fits. I agree with you and you don't have to test every after market air intake, you just have to make sure the intake manifold TB position is in the same spot as the OEM, then everything should fit up. And if it doesn't its the air intake manufactures fault not the intake manifold itself. Think about it.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iowa_TC1
Just some info for the people that are saying that weapon r shouldn't have to test every after market air intake to make sure it fits. I agree with you and you don't have to test every after market air intake, you just have to make sure the intake manifold TB flange is in the same spot as the OEM, then everything should fit up. And if it doesn't its the air intake manufactures fault not the intake manifold itself. Think about it.
you don't have to test every after market air intake, you just have to make sure the intake manifold TB flange is in the same spot as the OEM

We have to?

We are going to state it now that we did say it on another post. Do a search!
So i will say again. You will need to play with the mounting of intakes that are not Weapon-R Secret weapon intakes.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is dumb.

IowaTc why did you even buy this? For better performance right? Then why not accept the spacers WR will send you and bolt this thing on! Packing mistakes happen, it sucks I know. K&N left a bunch of parts out when I bought their intake...

I mean give it a chance! Or maybe just don't mod anymore lol.

AND I can't believe your complaining about that stupid bracket on the intake!! I bet 1/2 of SL doesnt use that! I have an Injen intake now and I don't use it; makes no difference!!

Seems like you shouldnt have spent the money in the first place. Aftermarket parts from different companies aren't always going to line up together!!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your not even getting what I'm saying, but thats ok and if I needed a weapon r intake to began with why didn't you state that on the website or in the instructions, oh thats right there weren't any instruction about any of the issues we talked about with this intake manifold! Anyway I will be sending back the intake manifold this week with before and after pictures of me taking the white haze and any scratches off that were on there when you sent me the manifold. I will make sure it is in better shape when it gets to you then when you sent it to me, so I can get my full refund that you agree too.

Thanks and good luck with your products!

Originally Posted by cee_dub2003
Originally Posted by Iowa_TC1
Just some info for the people that are saying that weapon r shouldn't have to test every after market air intake to make sure it fits. I agree with you and you don't have to test every after market air intake, you just have to make sure the intake manifold TB flange is in the same spot as the OEM, then everything should fit up. And if it doesn't its the air intake manufactures fault not the intake manifold itself. Think about it.
you don't have to test every after market air intake, you just have to make sure the intake manifold TB flange is in the same spot as the OEM

We have to?

We are going to state it now that we did say it on another post. Do a search!
So i will say again. You will need to play with the mounting of intakes that are not Weapon-R Secret weapon intakes.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude if you want to slap parts together that don't fit well, then thats cool with me, but I like parts that fit well and look nice together, and FYI even if I would of left that bracket off I still couldn't have hook up my cold air pipe up because it wouldn't line up.

Originally Posted by rippintC
This is dumb.

IowaTc why did you even buy this? For better performance right? Then why not accept the spacers WR will send you and bolt this thing on! Packing mistakes happen, it sucks I know. K&N left a bunch of parts out when I bought their intake...

I mean give it a chance! Or maybe just don't mod anymore lol.

AND I can't believe your complaining about that stupid bracket on the intake!! I bet 1/2 of ScionLife doesnt use that! I have an Injen intake now and I don't use it; makes no difference!!

Seems like you shouldnt have spent the money in the first place. Aftermarket parts from different companies aren't always going to line up together!!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I get it? Your frustrated, I was too when I put a CC spipe with Tsudo midpipe with an HKS hi power! lol It sucked, fitment problems, exhaust leaks, and rattling. But I got all the little bugs out and now I love it, sounds great!

Just saying maybe give it a chance and if it performs like its supposed to (if not then i'd be ____ed haha) Maybe when you put the pedal to the floor your frustations will go away?

Not trying to take sides either, just want to see this work out for ya whatever you decide.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No hard feelings toward you bro.

I think I get it? Your frustrated, I was too when I put a CC spipe with Tsudo midpipe with an HKS hi power! lol It sucked, fitment problems, exhaust leaks, and rattling. But I got all the little bugs out and now I love it, sounds great!

Just saying maybe give it a chance and if it performs like its supposed to (if not then i'd be ____ed haha) Maybe when you put the pedal to the floor your frustations will go away?

Not trying to take sides either, just want to see this work out for ya whatever you decide.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im curious to see how this is resolved.

there are definitely valid points on both sides.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree with this dude 100 percent. when i read your post, at first it frustrated me just reading it. just mainly because i have bought plenty of parts for my car that didn't fit how i wanted them for example my carbon creations fenders witch were said to fit nice with minor sanding and it turned out they sucked and fitting would always be ____ no matter how much time you spent sanding them because the main mounting locations were in a different spot but i still payed 700 for them and ended up trading them for stock ones because they looked like ____ but i tell you what i like my car now than i did with them on. maybe you should just try it and give it a chance and reward yourself with taking it out on deserted road and opening it up a few times. i guaranty that you will feel better bout it and thanked your self you did not give up on the product and maybe weapon r would have hooked you up with something down the road for being patient, you never know man what could have happened if you would have tooken it a different route. they are not a bad company and i have never bought from them but i have seen there products in person and i like them. its quality. and im sure they will work out there kinks in the product and it will be better for the rest of us on here and the scion community all together. i just think its worth giving these companies that are still trying to stay alive in this economy and work so hard at giving us the products we ask for a second chance and an opportunity to make it better. cause how our economy is going i don't want to stop modding my car man. its the only thing that keeps me sane. lol

Quick Reply: Weapon r intake manifold problems