Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon-R secret weapon intake with ram air

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Weapon-R secret weapon intake with ram air

Is this intake really wut its hiped up to be or is it all bull.Im conviced because in the web page it tells you how it performz and it battled with the k&n and it works way better and its the only web page that provides info and dyno tunning against other intakes and its not like other pages were it tells you its better and dosent prove it but i still need more info. Im a very big fan on Aem K&N Injen because they are very well known brands but I dont really care about Brands only performance. And dose any one really know How much horse power 2 the wheels it gives you with the ram air enhancer.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Banned
SL Member

No intake is all it is hyped up to be.

Cold air intakes are good for maybe 3-6 horsepower at the upper end of your tach.

Just get one that is mandrel bent and not a short ram that sucks hot air from over the engine block instead of cool air from up front and you'll be fine.

CAI's barely deserve to be called performance parts, they just make a little bitty difference. If I didn't get mine for free I probably wouldn't have one. I just can't justify $100 per horsepower mods, which is pretty much what all mods for the xA and xB are, except forced induction. There is only so much you can do with a tiny engine that is already making a lot of power for it's size you know.

It's up to you though. Some people are happy buying iridium spark plugs and shiny new red plug wires and running premium gas and like to pretend it makes their car faster. For me, it is the part of the import tuning scene I hate the most, after retarded wings and stickers of course.

It seems like there was a time when "import tuning" actually meant tuning, not painting your brake drums bright red and putting an upside down Acura logo on your Civic DX, but that was a long time ago.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Weapon-R secret weapon intake with ram air

Originally Posted by Revilo
Im a very big fan on Aem K&N Injen because they are very well known brands but I dont really care about Brands only performance.
?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Weapon-R secret weapon intake with ram air

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Originally Posted by Revilo
Im a very big fan on Aem K&N Injen because they are very well known brands but I dont really care about Brands, only performance.
?
He missed the comma.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think scionicman is trying to point out that he contradicted (sp?)himself
Old 03-28-2005, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Most people like those brands not because they are well known brands, they are well-known brands because people like the product and they have proven themselves. Not trying to exclude or include WR cuz I don't really know anything about them, just pointing out why what he said doesn't make for good logic.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Most people like those brands not because they are well known brands, they are well-known brands because people like the product and they have proven themselves. Not trying to exclude or include WR cuz I don't really know anything about them, just pointing out why what he said doesn't make for good logic.
weaponR is well known for it's stuff with honda engines, if i remember right mostly the b-series
Old 03-29-2005, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i have the setup ur talking about, and i like it alot. for around $300 there's not much else u can do to ur car to get the 5-8 horsepower the intake and ram air give u. sounds kinda nice too.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who can we get the ram air kit from online?
Old 03-29-2005, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="Beantowntc"]Who can we get the ram air kit from online?[/quote
I think from weapon R
Old 03-29-2005, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Beantowntc
Who can we get the ram air kit from online?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rion

It's up to you though. Some people are happy buying iridium spark plugs and shiny new red plug wires and running premium gas and like to pretend it makes their car faster. For me, it is the part of the import tuning scene I hate the most, after retarded wings and stickers of course.
Those things do make your car faster. That ideology comes from racers at the track grinding for that 1/10th of a second, but then its brought to the street where it doesn't really matter.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wyatt Herb

Those things do make your car faster. That ideology comes from racers at the track grinding for that 1/10th of a second, but then its brought to the street where it doesn't really matter.
They do? Elaborate. IMO, unless you have an extensive FI setup, they'll only make the car faster by reducing the weight of your wallet.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellot00tr
i have the setup ur talking about, and i like it alot. for around $300 there's not much else u can do to ur car to get the 5-8 horsepower the intake and ram air give u. sounds kinda nice too.
I think the big issue is that the WR Secret Ram Intake is suppose to produce some like 12.91 HP on a dyno, if i rememebr right, on a tC........ He wants to know if this is fact or overinflated BS. Same thing i want to know. But another key question is: What is the quality like? Will it kill my engine in 3,000 miles or is it up there with the K&N, Injen and AEM intakes?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sheep
Originally Posted by yellot00tr
I think the big issue is that the WR Secret Ram Intake is suppose to produce some like 12.91 HP on a dyno, if i rememebr right, on a tC........ He wants to know if this is fact or overinflated BS. Same thing i want to know. But another key question is: What is the quality like? Will it kill my engine in 3,000 miles or is it up there with the K&N, Injen and AEM intakes?
The 12.91 dyno result was a mistake and was only produced on the initial run with the prototype. Every subsequent run has been between 6 and 7whp. Weapon R has been around for quite some time and I'm sure there product is quality, plus I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people on here that have put 3000+ miles on their car with it.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks. Someone needs to tell tctunerz.com to updadte their site. They are still boasting the 12.91 hp gain to sell the product.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
Originally Posted by Wyatt Herb

They do? Elaborate. IMO, unless you have an extensive FI setup, they'll only make the car faster by reducing the weight of your wallet.
Apologies. I shouldn't have started with, "They do make your car faster..." Higher octane gas and better spark, those little things scrounged by drag racers. You know what I mean? I was just tryin to explain the mentality behind why people on the street do it. Its a habit from the track that some people feel good about doing with their street car. But you're right. Without extensive tuning, these things are far less effective.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

rswerks has the ram air kit on sale right now for like $40 i think. that's actually pretty friggin good.

forgot to mention-i've done like 3500 miles on my intake and its still running beautifully. just ordered the cleaner for the filter and just waiting for it to come in right now. remember-an intake that gives u 6-7hp plus an exhaust that gives u 6-7hp used together doesnt mean ure getting 12-14hp now. more like 10 total.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok cool. do i need to order the ram air adapter too? their site sucks for explanations of what the product is.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is no need to order a ram air adapter. The ram air kit includes it, though it won't be needed if used with the Secret Weapon Intake; it already has provisions for the ram air setup.

Quick Reply: Weapon-R secret weapon intake with ram air