Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon- R tC Header picture..

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

I thought after the first time you use your header you wont have to worry about any blue marks from oil on your hands. Just after you install it rub it down with alcohol and your all set.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i believe this header is going for 399 at the sponsored section right now. very tempting.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still waiting on dem dynos....
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I doubt tsudo or speed-element will dyno this thing...
some one here will have to.

if its really that much similar to MMW's then i'm guessing similar gains...about 18hp with intake and cat back...
Old 06-03-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattieg
I thought after the first time you use your header you wont have to worry about any blue marks from oil on your hands. Just after you install it rub it down with alcohol and your all set.
nope, if any oil gets on it and its turned on, it will burn into the metal making those ugly burn marks
Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mahalzkita28
Originally Posted by 05-RS1
Originally Posted by davedavetC
Originally Posted by amdforever
Originally Posted by Mugetsu
the confusion begins already!!

the MMW is the MMW...its shiny and polished and came out first.(600$ plus ship)
Until you touch it with your fingers and put it on. Then it'll be just like all others and start turning brown
unless you install it with gloves then clean it will alcohol before hand
or until some people that cant resist touching shiny metal see your header while you arent there..
thats why... you bring a small bottle of alcohol... and paper towels to shows... easy solution.
sad part is it wasnt at a show
Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

damn that really, really sucks. It pretty much ruins the damn thing with those blue marks. You could always get a proximity sensor for your engine bay lol
Old 06-04-2007, 05:12 PM

purchase the MMW header, you will not be sorry. Great Horsepower and looks great! :D

Old 06-06-2007, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The thing that gets me, and why I wont purchase a Header for me tC (besides rasp)

I bought Headers for my V8 Monte Carlo-two headers, both black, long tube (full length...a great deal longer then any tC Header plus S-pipe)

Cost-$150

Yes, there just black, but the ceramic coated were only $300 total

2X the metal, same gains per liter, one forth the price...do the math

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-12-2021 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
agree. wish it was polished/ceramic'd over so you didnt see the booger colored welds. hard to justify the price when it looks like that first pic.

Also, people have said a gagillion times that "it comes with an S-pipe"...
guy, it's not like it just "comes with an S-pipe" as a bonus...

You NEED to use their S-pipe, because your stocker is no longer functional. the Header is much longer than stock. it is not exactly Apples to Apples.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-12-2021 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-06-2007, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by jetlounge
^
agree. wish it was polished/ceramic'd over so you didnt see the booger colored welds. hard to justify the price when it looks like that first pic.

also, people have said a gagillion times that "it comes with an s-pipe"...
guy, it's not like it just "comes with an s-pipe" as a bonus...
you NEED to use their s-pipe, because your stocker is no longer functional. the header is much longer than stock. it is not exactly apples to apples.
Of course you have to use their S-pipe, its part of the design. When you come out with a header and notice you can get more horsepower with a different design then everyone else. You go with the different design, everyone else still has about the same design. The MMW header was made for more Horsepower and better value.

I still can't believe that I see comparisons from domestic parts to import parts. A V8 Monte Carlo headers are a dime a dozen and there are more companies making headers for them. You don't see your local parts store carrying headers for the tC on the wall, you will see headers for a GM vehicle on the wall though.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 3min3m2
the thing that gets me, and why i wont purchase a header for me tC(besides rasp)

i bought headers for my V8 Monte Carlo-two headers, both black, long tube(full length...a great deal longer then any tcheader plus s-pipe)

cost-$150

yes there just black, but the ceramic coated were only $300 total

i agree with stylis, you really cant compare becuase you can probably order a header for your monte carlo from kragen. and if you look at your HP/cost. vs. intake and exhaust, a header is the best bang for the buck for whats out for the tc in terms of naturally aspirated bolt ons go.

and you not wanting a header becuase of the HP/cost is up to you. you gotta pay to play. those prices are set and if you think of things the way you do, why mod at all? why do show cars spend thousands on just brakes or a stereo alone? there are some people willing to shell out the cash becuase its what they love doing. to each his own.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Nos
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$600..hmm....
Old 06-06-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nos
$600..hmm....
For a better header deasign, more HP and already comes with the S-pipe. I see no down side.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by Angry_Celi_Guy
still waiting on dem dynos....
Sorry for the delay.
First Dyno is with just the header only.

Second dyno is Header , Secret Weapon intake , and TRD exhaust. We have the pointers in the wrong place so it should be + gains not negative just to clear that up.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mahalzkita28
the thing that gets me, and why i wont purchase a header for me tC(besides rasp)

I bought Headers for my V8 Monte Carlo-two headers, both black, long tube(full length...a great deal longer then any tC Header plus S-pipe)

Cost-$150

Yes, there just black, but the ceramic coated were only $300 total

I agree with stylis, you really cant compare because you can probably order a header for your Monte Carlo from Kragen. and if you look at your HP/cost. vs. intake and exhaust, a Header is the best bang for the buck for whats out for the tC in terms of naturally aspirated bolt ons go.

And you not wanting a Header because of the HP/cost is up to you. You gotta pay to play. those prices are set and if you think of things the way you do, why mod at all? Why do show cars spend thousands on just brakes or a stereo alone? There are some people willing to shell out the cash because its what they love doing. to each his own.
I was just saying this specific mod is really not worth its money-best bang for the buck would be Nitrous, but for bolt-ons, i would almost say a cheap Cat--Back Exhaust, they add almost (roughly used terminology)
the same as a Header, at half or less the price of this one. The Headers were ordered from Hooker-and they were not the cheapest, nor the most expensive, but much more bang for buck then on a tC.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-12-2021 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-07-2007, 05:34 AM

i was just saying this specific mod is really not worth its money-best bang for the buck would be nitrous, but for bolt-ons, i would almost say a cheap cat--back exhaust, they add almost(roughly used termonology) the same as a heaer, at half or less the price of this one

the headers were ordered from hooker-and they were not the cheapest, nor the most expensive, but much more bang for buck then on a tc
The header is actually the better way to go, have you seen the stock manifold on the tC? Its a huge catalytic converter holding back all of your power. A cat back can only do so much if there isn't enough power to from the motor to push through it. The header, in my opinion, is the best mod to go with. You release so much more power with a header than the cat back.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i currently have a megan header and invidia s-pipe.. do you think it would be worth it if i bought this? or just stick with my megan header/invidia s-pipe setup?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sp0t
i currently have a megan header and invidia s-pipe.. do you think it would be worth it if i bought this? or just stick with my megan header/invidia s-pipe setup?
I personally don't like the Megan header's design...it uses very short runners into a 1 design...
the Invidia is lovely thought(my fav S-pipe)

I got nothing against MMW(althought i do think their products are overpriced) but since you spent 300$ on that set up already i would either switch to DC sports 4,2,1 and keep the Invidia or Tsudo's new header and sell the invidia.

BUT if you do mostly "city/suburb street driving, you could just stick with that set up.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

The Weapon-R / MMW Header is on sale in the sponsored sale section. It is cheaper than the Tsudo and comes complete with hardware and a CEL for a limited time only. Don't buy imitations.

Quick Reply: Weapon- R tC Header picture..