Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon- R tC Header picture..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DC does not make a 4-2-1, they make a 4-1, it just has a divider right before the flange, but it is not a true 4-2-1 like the mmw, which has 4 collectors, going to 2, going to 1.

and uhh.. MMW > Tsudo, if anyone chooses the tsudo over the mmw becuase of a small price difference, they will pay in the end.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by tC9o9
and uhh.. MMW > Tsudo, if anyone chooses the tsudo over the mmw becuase of a small price difference, they will pay in the end.
And that's based on what?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

based on my experience, and others experience with tsudo products.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

My apologies, I'm not very familiar with either company beyond what I've read here on SL, but it appears both have had suspect quality control issues in the past. I'm suspicious of MMW because they've made some bold claims about performance gains, but I have yet to see an independent dyno sheet corroborating their claims.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

MMW header > ALL....

i have it.. love it... no rasp.. great welds.. PITA to install but well worth it..
Old 06-07-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well said, and i my self consider Tsudo's quality "questionable" but MMW has had their fair share of fitment, quality issues..."FOW" example the WR SW intake comes with the softest floppiest couplings and the breather hose is so cheesy that after popping my hood 3 times and finding it kinked and collapsed(and i don't wanna hear no "you cut it wrong" BS) i threw it out and used the stock one...
But yet i do admit it works beautifully as a SRI.

and theres plenty of peeps happy with their tsudo N1 systems...

My apologies, I'm not very familiar with either company beyond what I've read here on SL, but it appears both have had suspect quality control issues in the past. I'm suspicious of MMW because they've made some bold claims about performance gains, but I have yet to see an independent dyno sheet corroborating their claims.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
No worries man.. but if you talk to anyone in the Honda community they will tell you why Tsudo is not a company to deal with, their products are less than par, and have had there fair share of problems. I'm sure they have stepped up their game, but I personally wouldn't purchase their products.

And your right, MMW/WR has not exactly been first class or name brands, and I do not believe in any of their posted gains, because they say this Header got 26hp or what not, however when the initial Dyno came out, it was with A LOT more than just a Header..

Either way, they have definitely stepped up their game with this Header, and regardless of what they posted, this Header does make power.. also, I think that MMW is crap, however the Header would be the only thing I would buy, I have seen it in person, and it is top quality.. and since I do plan to
go all motor so I will not be outclassed, I am going with this Header based on the reviews of many members, including tcpete, who currently in my book has the highest whp for any tC that is all motor. me and him may have some "problems" but i respect his work and his love for the 2AZ.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-12-2021 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-08-2007, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

im sorry but i cant find it in the classified section, can somebody post the link for the classified section of the MMW header, all i c is the one for DC headers. thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Their Headers are crap because they gave me one with fitment problem which i installed and failed to notice it in time. And now they refuse to do anything because of their so call LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY.

What the heck does that even mean? So I ask them they can refund or chose to do anything if they feel like it. Their service ____ me off and I hate them because they ruin my axle!

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-12-2021 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the fitment has since been corrected since they are no longer hand made.

one product does not equal a complete companies failure.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC9o9
one product does not equal a complete companies failure.
it does to that customer...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
Originally Posted by Nos
$600..hmm....
For a better header deasign, more HP and already comes with the S-pipe. I see no down side.
Since you have experience with this header, was it by any chance with one of your PM axlebacks?

How much louder does it make it and will there be any rasp that a resonator couldn't take care of.

In the end all I want is too maintain that low rumble of the PM. I'm all for a low rumble that gets louder but still sounds good. Maybe a little confusing but hopefully yoe get the gist of what I am saying.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ndnbolla
Originally Posted by Nos
$600..hmm....
For a better header deasign, more HP and already comes with the S-pipe. I see no down side.
Since you have experience with this header, was it by any chance with one of your PM axlebacks?

How much louder does it make it and will there be any rasp that a resonator couldn't take care of.

In the end all I want is too maintain that low rumble of the PM. I'm all for a low rumble that gets louder but still sounds good. Maybe a little confusing but hopefully yoe get the gist of what I am saying.
We did test the header with the PM axle back and I was amazed at the power and how quiet it sounded with our system. Since then we have improved on the design and came up with a 7inch round axle back to make the sound even deeper.

I would still recomend the MMW header for your tC! :D

Old 06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by xjamiex
There headers are crap because they gave me one with fitment problem which i installed and failed to notice it in time. And now they refuse to do anything because of their so call LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY what the heck does that even mean? So i ask them they can refund or chose to do anything if they feel like it. Their service ____ me off and i hate them because they ruin my axle!
Keywords are " Failed to notice" We did and will admit we had a fitments problem with the "S" pipe rubbing the axle. It was evident right from the first install that it was very close and within a few days was rubbing We took care of each individual that had a problem and contacted us within a reasonable time. Our procedure was to request the complete header back to exchange for the better fitting one.
when we stated to you about the "S" pipe situation you requested just an "S" pipe. the new one we stated might not match the header combination you had. in the end it didnt. we even got back the brand new "S" pipe with a big dent in it. which we did not charge you for! it took you 10 months to contact us, to first tell us about the problem. we did offer you in the end a killer deal for the brand new one. we do admire your opinion but please make sure you have the whole story correct.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We did test the header with the PM axle back and I was amazed at the power and how quiet it sounded with our system. Since then we have improved on the design and came up with a 7inch round axle back to make the sound even deeper.

When was this redesign? I just got my PM a couple days ago although I ordered about 2-3 weeks back. Would I have the newer redesigned one?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

The good fitment headers have been shipping.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by ndnbolla

When was this redesign? I just got my PM a couple days ago although I ordered about 2-3 weeks back. Would I have the newer redesigned one?
The 7inch round axle back is by request, because some people just want flow over quiet. The bigger the muffler the quieter the sound, but also more restriction. So that is why we have it on request only. You have the 6inch round and that one will work just fine for your rasp problem. :D

Old 06-08-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Cee-dub are you chris? Can you pm'd me the killer deal again?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i WAS correct, PM's muffler is little more than a Magnaflow 20" long(14"body length) 6 or 7" round body resonator with a nice tip attached to it...not TOO shaby...
Old 06-10-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Just got my 2nd gen header today =) didn’t come with an anti fowler though, wish it did. =(

Quick Reply: Weapon- R tC Header picture..