Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

weird, engine "hesitating", anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ethanol
In the United States, ethanol is sometimes added to gasoline but sold without an indication that it is a component. Chevron, 76, Shell, and several other brands market ethanol-gasoline blends.[citation needed]

In several states, ethanol is added by law to a minimum level which is currently 5.9%. Most fuel pumps display a sticker stating that the fuel may contain up to 10% ethanol, an intentional disparity which allows the minimum level to be raised over time without requiring modification of the literature/labeling. The bill which was being debated at the time the disclosure of the presence of ethanol in the fuel was mandated has recently passed. This law (Energy Policy Act of 2005) will require all auto fuel to contain at least 10% ethanol. Many call this fuel mix gasohol.
Can any car run on ethanol?

Any car can run on blends of up to 10 percent ethanol, but cars that run on higher blends require a few modifications. Automakers have built about 5 million "flex-fuel" vehicles that can run on E85. Most of them are SUVs and pickups produced by GM, Ford, and Chrysler.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok so like i said it prolly wouldnt be the gas thats making this drastic hesitation. prolly something small like dirty injectors mengggg.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
hm so its called marvel mystery oil? is it the same bottle for both gasoline and for the motor oil? where can u get it
Autozone, Pepboys, Strauss...any automotive store. It's a small red bottle, and it works wonders.

Like I said, it probably won't fix your problem, but it doesn't hurt to use it. I add a little to my oil after every change, and add some to my fuel every now and then.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^ o ok it doesnt hurt to try it out. imma try it when i get my car bak from the shop. now is it the same bottle for both the gas tank and the motoroil?

and how much is alittle? lol
Old 09-30-2008, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Instructions are on the bottle .
Old 09-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

lmfaoo that will help awesome im gonna try this thanx haha
Old 09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

might try it too. is there any better stuff out there for fuel injector cleaner?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol i feel like im invisible. BG44k! makes me kinda not wanna be helpful anymore. I have personally tried BG44k on my previous cars and it works WONDERS. And i kno many scionlifer's will back me up on this. I kno for sure in my area they dont sell it in stores, cuz basically its just professional stuff. You gotta order it. Now thers Redline S-1 That is in stores, for a cheaper price, and i hear is good. But have not personally tried. BG44k is the way to go tho. Best fuel injector cleaner IMO. Difference is like night and day.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah dude not invisible or ignoring you i was just asking is the BG44K the best stuff around or is there any others that are better. and as u previously stated you say its the best. also i was asking if anyone else had any opinions. no offense but i like to hear others saying its the shiz too ya know what i mean. always good to have more than one opinion.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
lol i feel like im invisible. BG44k! makes me kinda not wanna be helpful anymore. I have personally tried BG44k on my previous cars and it works WONDERS. And i kno many scionlifer's will back me up on this. I kno for sure in my area they dont sell it in stores, cuz basically its just professional stuff. You gotta order it. Now thers Redline S-1 That is in stores, for a cheaper price, and i hear is good. But have not personally tried. BG44k is the way to go tho. Best fuel injector cleaner IMO. Difference is like night and day.
I used to work at an Audi dealer as a tech, and that's the only thing they would even consider using for fuel injector cleaner.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
hm so its called marvel mystery oil? is it the same bottle for both gasoline and for the motor oil? where can u get it
Autozone, Pepboys, Strauss...any automotive store. It's a small red bottle, and it works wonders.

Like I said, it probably won't fix your problem, but it doesn't hurt to use it. I add a little to my oil after every change, and add some to my fuel every now and then.
i've used three of these and methanol on my turbo diesel F450 and it didn't help any, but it might be a bigger issue even though ford always bills over $1k per visit and runs the same.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol kris i aint tripping. Im just saying thats how much i back up BG. Back in the day i went through alot of used cars, (3 total) and im only 18 right now. But anyway all those cheap used cars off craigslist were never smooth. ALWAYS had a rough idle to begin with. BG is like 20 bucks online if i can remember? A bottle of that did wonders just for 20 bucks. Plus its so simple an idiot can use it. Anyway like i said ive tried alot of fuel injector cleaners. The ones u find at gas stations to the ones mechanics will recommend that u find at walmart lol. Anyway like Carbon basically said.. its that good.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright well i went and bought some marvels mystery oil and added a lil to my fuel tank. ill prob be changing my oil today as well and ill put some in there as well. stuff is strong. it stings the nostrils
Old 10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kris5597
alright well i went and bought some marvels mystery oil and added a lil to my fuel tank. ill prob be changing my oil today as well and ill put some in there as well. stuff is strong. it stings the nostrils
It smells good as hell lol. It has a real sweet smell to it.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kris5597

lmk how it goes so ill buy it when i get my car bak
Old 10-01-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea lol didnt say it stunk just strong lol. yea i went yesterday and spent about $70 bucks at autozone. im changing everything asap. engine oil, gear oil, and flushing out the coolant system dropping the water/antifreeze% to run a lil more water to allow it to run a lil cooler especially combined with my lower temp thermotstat and im throwing some purple ice in there as well. all royal purple lubes and the mystery oil. friend gave me 3 bottles of 75w-90 gear oil and the purple ice so he saved me about $40 something bucks.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta

i'll back ya up, bro! Yes BG product's 44k fuel cleaner is the ONLY one that works. I used to try chevron w/techron, and others, nothing ever cleaned out deposits. Then I found a dealer using BG Products and I was sold! Finally something that cleans out deposits in ONE gas tank! It's about $20 for the can.

get down to 1/4 tank of gas or less, pour this in the tank, fill the tank til the nozzle clicks off. Use the gas down to below 1/4 tank of gas, then get an oil change. Why? because 44K residue can stay on the sides of the cylinders and mix with the oil. Not that big of a deal, just do an oil change afterwards and it's all good.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lol good advice, hmm i never thought about the residue..but makes sense, oil changes never hurt anyway.

And kris, why the love for royal purple? The motor oil is cool, but i had a couple friends claim the royal purple gear oil, made shifting worse. especially in cold conditions. Redline MT-90 IMO is much better. And i bet, the BG44k will improve this, hesitation, of yours more efficiently then switching all those lubes, not that im saying dont do it, its good that you want to.