Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

What choices available for 300whp in a TC Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What choices available for 300whp in a TC Auto?

I hear the SC is coming out soon for the automatic, though will ZPI mod it to 300hp? I was headed toward NOS, then later a ZPI Stage I (if available for auto) but may change my mind. Any thoughts?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trade in your auto for a manual transmission car.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sc is out for auto u gotta buy the fit kit
Old 11-13-2005, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: What choices available for 300whp in a TC Auto?

Originally Posted by RAMROD7
I hear the SC is coming out soon for the automatic, though will ZPI mod it to 300hp? I was headed toward NOS, then later a ZPI Stage I (if available for auto) but may change my mind. Any thoughts?
NOS = bad idea if inexperienced. Bad idea in general imo.
300whp on automatic = Not going to happen without building up the tranny to hold that power, and shift kit would be a must. There would be a lot of tranny work for you to do to have that much power. I think some company tested, or someone did, and a safe limit for an automatic on the tC is around 215-225whp.

Cya
Old 11-13-2005, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as I know, no one has pushed an automatic......yet. In a few months...we will be. 300 whp for the stock internals of the auto should be good, but you would need an electronic shift kit for that.

Turboeast is in the process of setting it all up. I seen it and it's cake to wire up. 2 wires on the ECU.

TurboEast ESK eliminates sloppy shifts, hanging on the rev limiter, and allows transmission to shift with up to 320 rwtq with no internal transmission mods. About $250

The TurboEast Valve Body Upgrade cleans up the sloppy and slow stock shifting. Shifts are firmer, faster and more responsive. Developed for turbo, supercharged, naturally aspirated and nitrous applications. All stock functions along with E-shift are retained like stock. About $500

The first power failure point for this transmission is the sprag also know as a one way bearing. This upgrade should allow your tranny to hold over 500 wtq. The next failure point in the stock clutch packs. Replacing of both the sprag and clutch packs will hold over 600 wtq. ABout $1200 to $2000. But 600 wtq?

So, to have a 300+ whp auto, expect to spend about $250 on the tranny at min.

But....slamming thru the gears at 300+ hp....what a rush and no manual can match that shift hp for hp at a track.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Excellent!
After having a semi-automatic JW C-4 on my 400 whp Mustang, I just couldn't go back to 12+ years with a manual tranny. But I digress and anyways the Stang was stolen.
Scion DAD rules!!!
Maybe a group buy in price when ready. Just to be safe a setup that handles 400-500wtq should handle 12s at the track.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
So, to have a 300+ whp auto, expect to spend about $250 on the tranny at min.
I'm kinda new to modding auto's, but that ESK sounds like a "must have" if you plan on doing anything to the tC.

Are there any negatives when using the ESK for everyday driving on a stock tC? More wear and tear on the internals, or anything like that?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I believe it has a on off switch
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by -Keith-
I believe it has a on off switch
So its like a "sport shift mode"? My g/f has that on her GTP. Does it have a switch that you can mount somewhere or is it mounted on the ESK itself? I'm really interested in this! This seams like a great upgrade for us "auto" guys.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was told u mount the box so you can play with the setting or somthing... and it has a switch... at least the last model did... I havent seen it so dont quote me.

As for 300hp its doable.... without s/c or turbo or NoS as you call it.

I mean theres so many parts out there and so many more that will be out by next year.

Remember you want 300hp you gonna have to run piggyback or standalone either way you go.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member

scion dad....im not saying that the parts that you mentioned above wont become available for our car....but it seems like everything you listed is a turboeast option for there boosted 2jz's...my boyfreind is has a boosted IS...and he has what you stated on his e-shift...
anyways my question is....are the things you mentioned actually coming out for our car.???..cuz it seems you went to http://turboeast.com/ and copied and pasted the is300 tranny upgrades....nothing on there site mentions scion so i just wanted to know where you got your information...thanks
-steph
Old 11-14-2005, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stephsAP
scion dad....im not saying that the parts that you mentioned above wont become available for our car....but it seems like everything you listed is a turboeast option for there boosted 2jz's...my boyfreind is has a boosted IS...and he has what you stated on his e-shift...
anyways my question is....are the things you mentioned actually coming out for our car.???..cuz it seems you went to http://turboeast.com/ and copied and pasted the is300 tranny upgrades....nothing on there site mentions scion so i just wanted to know where you got your information...thanks
-steph
The IS300 is pretty much just like our tc. The wiring is the same and they are currently working to add the TC to their list of Lexus equipment. Sam from Turboeast sent me one already to trial.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member

what did he send you ...the esk? ....nice to hear we're getting some more support from a highly reputable tuner ...are we gettin our own seperate set of mods from them...or just the same would ...just universal for our cars...
... turboest owns all !!!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stephsAP
what did he send you ...the esk? ....nice to hear we're getting some more support from a highly reputable tuner ...are we gettin our own seperate set of mods from them...or just the same would ...just universal for our cars...
... turboest owns all !!!
Yeah, the E.S.K. I'm not sure if it's universal or what....as long as it works. Sam said they were looking to add another Toyota to their lineup and the TC was discussed. Kenny from ZPI is also talking with them and testing some equipment and a few guys are taking their TC's in to them so they can map out a valve body upgrade as well.

Looks very promising.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are threads going around that ScionDad posted up about this ESK for our cars.

This link should give you more info about the ESK he is talking about.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0
Old 11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member

thanks david...i just pmed him...where on the same page now..lol
-stephy
Old 11-14-2005, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hm, im surprised automatics are so cheap to build up to withstand more power. I've always been told they were so expensive to build up and buy parts for. This is my first automatic tuner, manual at the time was two month wait so i went with an auto xb.

Hopefully zpi comes out with a shift kit for the 1nz, or someone does. Shift kits do wonders.

Cya