Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

What else can i do for more POWER!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 07:55 PM

Ya dont you wish money grew on trees =P hey Thanks for all the feeb back very informative! glad to know people are there to help with free information =) haha i just need to learn more about cars Period i never got into it in High school bcuz i drove a volvo haha! so i'm realllly new to all these parts and how they actually help. Like the sway bars, hm yeah i think i need to look into that-

Question: I took my car for a spin last night just bcuz i added my headers and intake and whatever- and i was pushing it pretty hard, i was in 3rd and just slammin on the gas to redline, i felt my Car start to Jingle like hesistate and so i hit 4th but i was wondering if there was a problem. anyone experience this? i dunno if it makes sense, or if enough detail was put all i know i wasnt fully redlined and i got the engine to start to struggle. hm normal?

thanks for all the help in advanced. heh i was hitting around 115 and when i moved to advoid hitting a car i felt my whole car kinda wobble...so i think struts and this sway bar is needed? is that right to keep my car mounted properly? hah okay okay time for class later!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It could be your fuel cutoff.. But that's just PAST redline.. Most likely its just adjusting.. Headers and intake are drastic changes from the ECU's point of view..
As far as handling, coilovers and a rear sway bar will make a WORLD of difference.. The front/rear strut bars will make a difference, but it will only be slight.. Suspension is AS important as power when it comes to upgrades, because it doesn't matter how fast your car can go if you can't control it.
I recommend you don't just slap parts on your car until you know WHY you're putting them on. Specifically, get so into the details, that you know why you should get one brand over the other, even though the parts seem to be identical. Don't just learn what works, learn HOW and WHY it works.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tekisui
Mid-pipe? He's not running boost..... Unless you're talking about what runs from the s-pipe to the muffler, and that should be part of any exhaust system you buy...
Mid-Pipe is correctamundo. You may be thinkg Boost Tubes though, Hot/Cold Pipe, The pipe leading to the intercooler and from the intercooler to the TB.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member

you should get a pulley, s-pipe & mid pipe/ if you wanna have more hp go all motor then. port and polished head, 11@1 pistons and e -manage so you could rev to 7,500.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member

or my set up/ injen intake, aw header, zpi pulley, cc s-pipe & midpipe, greddy exhaust, 10@1 forged pistons and 100 to 125 shot of nitrous tuned by e-manage or camcon.

*now you guys can clean up your pants*
*by the way youre losing 5to6hp with the shortram setup*
PUT IT ONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JimmyScion
or my set up/ injen intake, aw header, zpi pulley, cc s-pipe & midpipe, greddy exhaust, 10@1 forged pistons and 100 to 125 shot of nitrous tuned by e-manage or camcon.

*now you guys can clean up your pants*
*by the way youre losing 5to6hp with the shortram setup*
PUT IT ONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much u push'in to the wheels, round 300 whp?