Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

World motorsports and descendant Throttle tune is Great!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like I said... you've made your point here... Frankly, I don't care what kind of technology is or isn't behind this or how it works.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY IT, DON'T BUY IT. LET OTHER PEOPLE MAKE UP THEIR OWN MIND ON THE PRODUCT. IF THEY DON'T DO THEIR OWN RESEARCH AND MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION, THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM.

I don't want to have to just remove all this junk from this thread.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
hehe, you could have just said yes..if you did, Im pretty sure you would have half the people on this site waiting to purchase one
LOL...the DBW controller we use in racecar say MOTEC on the outside cover & cost 10x the price of the DESCENDANT DBW controller!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
guys guys guys

its not a problem with the company's products.. what the flip.. i dont even know this company
(i have no problems with this company, i have never dealt with them or seen any of their prodcuts)
wow shows how much you know about Scion..LOL they have probably been one of the biggest influences in our community and they actually win races. If it wasnt for them, Scion would not be what it is today. Oh and you know that 800+BHP drag/time attack monster tC? Well they built it.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

2008 xb????? WHEN?????
$350 is a little out of my range, but sounds like a great product!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

didnt blitz come out with a throttle controller as well, is there a difference with either of these, and does this one have a reverse kill switch?
Old 06-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by terminal
didnt blitz come out with a throttle controller as well, is there a difference with either of these, and does this one have a reverse kill switch?
Yes, Blitz also offers a product that is similar however to install the Blitz unit you have to cut the OEM Wire Harness under the dash. The unit we support is a DIRECT FIT / PNP solution that offers adjustable increments that allow the driver options to what works best for their application.

As for the reverse kill switch...what exactly do you mean?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hm... I would love to test this on my car. Besides that i wouldnt pay more than 200 for this product.

Maybe i got a problem in my head but i dont really have any problem with the throttle response.

Btw Mike did made a point. i wonder if this really works like this:

you press the pedal half way and the car thinks you pressed it in completely because of this product.... so now if i press the pedal half way.. then i press it completely then i wouldnt feel any difference?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I got to ride in a car this weekend with the Descendant throttle controller in it. You can definitely feel a difference. He did a few runs where he turned on the controller midway through accelerating and you can really feel it kick in. I'll most likely be picking up one of these units in the near future.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CSOCSO

Btw Mike did made a point. i wonder if this really works like this:

you press the pedal half way and the car thinks you pressed it in completely because of this product.... so now if i press the pedal half way.. then i press it completely then i wouldnt feel any difference?

nope, that's not the case. if the product worked like that it would have check engine light problems.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's a good product for reaction times. you have to pay the price for the r&d in the begining like everything else till the market gets flooded then the price lowers. import tuner said dont touch the blitz with a 10ft pole, any company that splices wires is a piece of $h!t and a safety risk.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i may be biased because i work at WORLD as an intern but i was also skeptical about this when i heard about it, i have now had it in my car now for a week and it is night and day difference. for anyone that is interested and/or skeptical about this device i ask for you to come down to the shop and i will take the DBW controller out of my car and will put it in your car to test drive around. If it works you get one there on the spot.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well to me it seems like theres more to it than tricking whatever into thinking whatever. I really wish ya'll had one out for the xB2 because I would buy it next Friday for sure! Im looking for a mod to spend my money on lol. Whats the problem with it not working with the xB2? Is it just a different plug? lolz
Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

My understanding is not that this tricks the computer to think throttle is in another positition,but it removes the time delay from when the throttle is pushed to any position to react the throttle body without delay.......

The guy who says just push it to the floor.......um if you do that it delays on the stock TB and does nothing till the signal is sent to the throttle which is delayed,this box makes the signal actually perform right now wthout delay.....

My question is anyone tried it on an automatic yet,the auto has even more of that lag feel at first as the torque convertor has to get spinning to make any response feelable,if it can take some of this feeling out I am sold.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As a former super mod on several GM forums I have seen members react poorly or get angry when questioned or flammed. Frankly I would have used more tact, but the resulting argument would be the same.

There is definitely a need for this product in the market place although being a calibration issue, Toyota should issue a service bulletin to resolve this with a quick flash of the PCM. I believe they already have a solution for the 2AZ-FE in the camry, but this is beside the point.

I think the anger came out of the over priced and simple nature of the mod. Its nice that they have made it PNP, and I would have it over the Blitz, but the cost to me doesn't seem justified. For $200 I'd be all over it but at $350 there's no way. I would just engineer the solution myself or wait for the new Dezod Hondata-style piggy-back, which will be able to accomplish what this mod does, but within the PCM itself.

For those of you who don't need a tuning solution but want the throttle fix, by all means get this product if you feel the cost is justified. Otherwise, wait and it will be included in the new Dezod unit, which is the route I'm going(its just better value for money).
Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like a great product but for 350 i can get something to tune my car like emanage or apexi safc
Old 08-09-2009, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by mike6789k
dude...

you press the pedal in your car and it changes a resistance between some wires, the car can only understand a certain range of input voltages as the signal to open the TB plate a certain amount.. this box takes in the signal from the pedal, modifies it, sends it to the ECU to 'trick' it into thinking the pedal is somewhere else... for THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS

now, how about you just actually PRESS THE PEDAL TO THE ACTUAL POSITION and get THE SAME DAMN 'RESPONSE' FOR FREE...

f*ck you people can be stupid sometimes.. dont fall for gimmicks like this
Well the product does seem to work. The sellers don't have to worry about that part, because it does work. They have worry about "will it sell?". They can safely say "it works" but not "EXPLAIN HOW IT WORKS" for the sake of sales. It probably is a resistor controller, but who else (consumers) would just make one of these devices with the harness and nice looking boxes on their own? You are probably right, but they are one of the few that can make those devices. I guess it gets personal when they don't tell the truth or at least explain how it works and that could ____sss anyone off. If it was only cheaper . hahah who wouldn't want one though?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by 09TC5M
I would just engineer the solution myself or wait for the new Dezod Hondata-style piggy-back, which will be able to accomplish what this mod does, but within the PCM itself.

Do you have any further info on this mod??? I would kill for something like that!!!!