Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Would any of this void my warranty/

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Would any of this void my warranty/

1. Agency Power lightweight pulley
2. Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
3. Dezod 880cc injectors
4. Greddy Profec boost and emanage programmer
5. Megan Racing S-Pipe
6. Dezod S-pipe back exhaust
Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

only if they are proved to be directly responsible for part of your car malfunctioning.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are you trying to do to your car?

anyway, the exhaust won't harm anypart of your exhaust really, they are just exhaust plumbing, they really can't hurt anything unless your tailpipe isn't mounted right and melts your bumper.

the agency pulley for sure, because it doesn't have a dampner to reduce engine vibrations, the emanage, yeah, if you badly tune it.

the injectors, yeah, if your fuel system messes up.

btw, why do you need 880cc injectors? even unless you are putting on a MASSIVE turbo kit, you don't need those injectors, they usually use 440, or 550.

not sure what the profect boost and emanage programmer are for.

actually, unless you are going turbo, don't bother with the emanage, injectors, and profec boost and emanage programmer.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was copying and pasting the names of parts and accidentally pasted the wrong injectors i meant to put greddy 440cc on there, anyway the E-manage is mainly for tuning a turboed car but it also allows you to play with the fuel flow i thought correct me if i'm wrong maybe there is a better fuel managment system, but i am getting a supercharger soon, i looked into the turbo and its more trouble than its worth, thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yeah i forgot, i have heard that any exhaust other than trd sets off the check egine light any truth
Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay, if your going to supercharge the car, don't modify ANYTHING!

if you modify your intake, pulleys, header, injectors ( they will come with larger injectors).

now then, you can get it tuned with a piggyback ecu, but when you take it in for service, take it out because if they see it, you warranty is no more.

anyway, the car is tuned to the max already on the stock ecu, trying to improve the engine management is pointless unless your boosted.

the only mods you can do without compromising your warranty with the supercharger is the s-pipe and exhaust.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Steventc07
oh yeah i forgot, i have heard that any exhaust other than trd sets off the check egine light any truth
totally untrue. the check engine light usually happens when you replace the header, because your catalytic converter is in your header, and then your o2 sensor picks up that your car isn't working and then it causes a check engine like or CEL, unless you do some sort of anti-fouler.

you can replace your s-pipe and do full dezod exhaust without getting a cel.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does the trd supercharger come with injectors? i didn't think it did, i'm trying to hop up my car a little so i can dust any ___ little civic but still have a warranty
Old 08-31-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the trd supercharger comes with bigger injectors.

okay, a stock supercharged tc with a manual transmission will dyno about 190-195 whp.

now with a piggyback ecu and some tuning, you can get it to about 220-227 whp.

and if you have problems, you can take the piggyback ecu off, and the car will run like it did stock, and the dealership really won't be none the wiser.

but trust me, just leave it stock until your warranty is up, you never know if you'll need it, and if it goes, it can take your who engine with it. very VERY expensive without a powertrain warranty.

so leave it alone for the 5 year/60,000 mile warranty, then after that, if you still want to, and everything is running fine, you can start modifying it since you don't have a warranty anymore anyway.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love the hotchkis sways, i had thet trd sway before that, and a dc strut tower brace before i put on the hotchkis, and they were like bolting on nothing!

the hotchkis sways tightened up the car and made it feel incredibly solid and controlled.

i have mine set softest front, and stiffest rear.

as for springs, just wait a week after installing them to get them aligned. 12,000 miles later, my tires are great.

if you get the wheels aligned immediately after installing the springs, they will continue to settle and it will be off again once they are reached their finished settling.

and with installation of the hotchkis sways, make sure you know what your doing because while the rear one is very simple to swap, the front one requires that you drop the sub-frame. not something i would trust just anybody to do.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much was it to have the suspension aligned, i know about the installation thats why i waited till i had plenty of time
Old 08-31-2007, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't remember, but is wasn't alot, something like 70 i think...i had it done along with synthetic oil change and tire rotation, so i don't remember 100%
Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pretty much agree with all that draxcaliber said. An alignment runs like $60-$70 depends on where you go. If you go the TRD Supercharger route the only other things I'd add would be some extra gauges to know how everything's running: boost gauge, a/f ratio, oil pressure. I recall somewhere that if you change the intake setup when supercharged that it voids it's warranty. My question to drax is why would a header void warranty when you have a s/c? I know that changing the header will quickly turn on the CEL, the rest of the exhaust won't but the fix is quite simple.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member

they void the warranty with a aftermarker header because hte heat shield isnt there. Without the heat shield, it supposedly causes excess heat damage to the shaft of the s/c, and seals go bad. I think its bologna, that trd has crappy seals. but hey nothin i can do about it. If you pop the hood after driving for awhile and try n touch the heat shield... its jsut like any other header its hot as hell in there and you cant really touch anything.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I woud think the supercharger kit you expect to put on would void any warrenty itself, so why does it matter if the other stuff would void it or not?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually the trd supercharger when installed by the dealership is warranteed as well as the existing remainder of your 5year/60000 milie powertrain warranty or 1year/12000mile which ever is greater and if you install it yourself 1 year/12000 mile warranty so to me its obvious to go ahead and let them install it if you have low mileage on your car like i do but if you have 45K or more screw the dealer and their outrageous fees and do it yourself
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, I must've been getting raped. An alignment on my old car (96 Beretta) was just under $100. That's one of the reasons I wasn't looking at springs just yet.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<----- toyota tech
if you have the supercharger installed at a dealership, make sure they have the ecu reprogrammer (only some do). it reflashes the ecu with a better fuel map, etc...
pretty much anything that can be linked to failure, voids the warranty. ive seen an xb denied warranty because his "stock" motor had detonation . stock motors dont do that by themselves, so toyota assumed he had been modified. that and a week earlier, we was braggin about being able to beat my buddies 5.0 by spraying *wink*