Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

YES! NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Document fee thread (recomended reading, lots of good info): https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12773
Old 06-06-2004, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member

The reason there is a price difference and different packages is because many of the southern states are operated by private distributors (GST and SET) . These two distributors supply the vehicels to the dealers and can set their pricing and accessories independent of Scion corporate. Pure Price is still alive and well.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by John_Keats
Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Originally Posted by iZero
So much for Scion standardization. Not only do people in "less hip" areas of the country get the cars later, they don't even get the same equipment.
Yeah, I do find it strange that Scion would offer differ options depending on your state/area. But then Mazda does the same thing. Guess all the car companies do this?

Kevin
Really? What does Mazda offer that's different, anway?

Also, another person in 61801 area code... cool.
Not exactly like Scion but the local Mazda dealers were not going to get any NAV systems. I would have had to special order or go to Northern VA/DC. Also the same on some of the color schemes on the Mazda 3.

Kevin
Old 06-11-2004, 07:39 AM

so it would seem that everyone has the tC exhauts blues. Not to worry, Precisionmuffler.com is on the job and is awaiting for our tC to come in for our latest axle back. Any volunteers :twisted:

Old 06-11-2004, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the 34695 area code. Yeah, i posted a thread a little bit ago that corrected my error cause i talked to a person from scion who said that the borla cat back is not a factory option, however the dealer in my area may be offering it.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member

TRD exhausts (axle backs) have always been built by borla. ie Camry/Solara, Tundra, MR2, and so on. But Borla makes a decent exhaust. I'm probably going to try and get JP Performance to build an exhaust for mine. Headers and all.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a pretty simple question. Are there a lot of brand name exhaust systems (greddy, apexi, etc) that are legal in all fifty states, or at least Florida? cause a lot of people around here are getting tickets for having a loud exhaust.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by trdcamry2003
TRD exhausts (axle backs) have always been built by borla. ie Camry/Solara, Tundra, MR2, and so on. But Borla makes a decent exhaust. I'm probably going to try and get JP Performance to build an exhaust for mine. Headers and all.
not the trd muffler for the xA and xB, this time magna flow took the rings on this one and made the trd muffler for the xA and xB. Hopefully I will join in and get to greatness like TRD.

Old 06-12-2004, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cops and courts can pretty much do anything they want to. If they don't like ya or just feel like f***'n with ya they can write a fix it ticket. Ya can fight it tho. Find people who have and ask for help. Be warned, you don't always win.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:32 PM
sgf
5 Year Member

Default Borla

In a few minutes I'm going to look at my camo xB which came in last night. I'm in the Southeast so the options list may be a little different as already described.I ordered the cold air intake and the borla catback exhaust. The only other option I got was the shade thing that covers packages.

I was very clear to my sales lady that I DID NOT want a loud high pitched exhaust. She assured me that that she had heard this setup and that it was neither loud nor high pitched. She said there was a little bit of a throatier sound. Those two options added about $1,000 to my car's price so I hope I get what I asked for. I'll know soon enough.

SGF
Old 06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wish we had the option available already. . . Oh well, future modding.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by yhsu1
I also see the document fee of $299 using 33620. for those people in FL who needs to pay that fee, I feel sorry... I think that's just a totally BS fee...
99336 = "Del, Proc & Handling $515"
Old 06-12-2004, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cyberhwk
Delivery, Proc & Handling is different then the Document fee. The price you should pay is: $15,950 + Del, Proc & Handling + Document fee + Options + Tax, Tag & Title
Old 06-14-2004, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by JSVH
Originally Posted by Cyberhwk
Delivery, Proc & Handling is different then the Document fee. The price you should pay is: $15,950 + Del, Proc & Handling + Document fee + Options + Tax, Tag & Title
What does this have to do about the exhaust systems for the tC?? :?

Old 06-14-2004, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
What does this have to do about the exhaust systems for the tC?? :?
ditto. thats what im wondering also.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing, just an off topic question and answer. It is not the first thread to get off topic you know.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Jhoffmann
The reason there is a price difference and different packages is because many of the southern states are operated by private distributors (GST and SET) . These two distributors supply the vehicels to the dealers and can set their pricing and accessories independent of Scion corporate. Pure Price is still alive and well.
the other question is why is there different accessories available for different area codes and can we get them here in michigan. I have one of my customers who saw the borla exhaust and wanted to get that in thier tC here in michigan. What can i do?

Hugh C.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing, just an off topic question and answer. It is not the first thread to get off topic you know.
so true. so many threads have been threadjacked.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by djimpak
Yeah so sad but true. So, back on exhaust, I think we need a dual set-up!!! :D Anyone else!!??

Old 06-16-2004, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
Originally Posted by djimpak
Yeah so sad but true. So, back on exhaust, I think we need a dual set-up!!! :D Anyone else!!??
not exactly practical (at least a true dual) on a inline 4 banger, leave it for the v6s.

Quick Reply: YES! NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM!