Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPI 11:1 piston facts and trials?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tckurt
This is why Ive decided to hold off on doing any engine work for atleast a year and just do interior work b/c there are to many things that havent been addressed by companies for our cars to get full potential with a N/A setup.
I'll wait as long as I have to to make an engine rebuild worthwhile.

I've read a few times from Dezod that they'll be working on alot of misc engine internals for next summer, so that time period should be perfect for me.

My tC will be waiting.

*Cough* CAMS! *Cough* Valve Springs! *Cough*

Couple those with a touch hone, slightly upgraded fuel system (throttle body if I have the extra dough), retune and should have some nice streetable power.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ENGINE (motors are electrical, please stop using the wrong term) is setup especially strong. Save the pistons, everything else is fairly sturdy and can hold a fairly large amount of power.

hey turbocustomz I cant beleive ur acting so educated . with engines and motors because a motor can be anything that makes power by using another form of energy .
Old 11-24-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotaracer9
The ENGINE (motors are electrical, please stop using the wrong term) is setup especially strong. Save the pistons, everything else is fairly sturdy and can hold a fairly large amount of power.

hey turbocustomz I cant beleive ur acting so educated . with engines and motors because a motor can be anything that makes power by using another form of energy .
Yes, It can. However when it comes to cars, there is a distinct difference. Windows have motors, wipers have motors, sometimes, headlights can have motors. The car is powered by an engine. It's not an internal combustion motor. I've always been corrected by anyone that I looked up to in my life that had a vast knowledge of automotive distinction. Its a personal preference more then anything I guess.

Charles
Old 11-24-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You obviously don't know a lot about engines. I will agree with you about boring the engine, but you can get it re-sleeved and have a bigger bore that way!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

yea but getting it resleeved is more for running higher boost safely and probably would be to much of a gain N?A
Old 11-24-2005, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea but getting it resleeved is more for running higher boost safely and probably would be to much of a gain N?A
You might be suprised. if you go to a 2.6-2.7 if possible with a p&p head and a better ecu.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

whats funny is a lot of you dont realize, but Turbocustomz has done more with his 2AZ, than any of you could possibly dream of doing. I would actually venture to say that he is the most knowledgable person that I have met on here when it comes to the 2AZ so I dont know where all this is coming from
Old 11-25-2005, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
You might be suprised. if you go to a 2.6-2.7 if possible with a p&p head and a better ecu.
Honestly, im not sure you can go that big. 2.5 for sure, 2.6 MAYBE, but I think that anything larger is out of the question. I could be wrong, but from looking inside the engine, at the layout of the oil veins and the stock sleeve placement, im not sure you could go a whole lot bigger. But don't listen to me, I don't know a lot about engines. I'll post pics when I get back to my shop so you can see what im talking about.

Originally Posted by simplyscion
whats funny is a lot of you dont realize, but Turbocustomz has done more with his 2AZ, than any of you could possibly dream of doing. I would actually venture to say that he is the most knowledgable person that I have met on here when it comes to the 2AZ so I dont know where all this is coming from
Thanks. I guess you can only help the people who want to be helped. I don't know everything for sure, but Im willing to admit that and spend most days trying to learn more.

Charles
Old 11-25-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

plain and simple... as of right now... building an N/A motor at this time is impossible/pointless on the TC. However many excuses one would like to come with there isn't enough options available to build an N/A motor worthwhile. If anyone can find an argument to this please let me know, i'm not trying to sound like a pessimist but as of now its a waste of time and money to build N/A on a TC.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
Thanks. I guess you can only help the people who want to be helped. I don't know everything for sure, but Im willing to admit that and spend most days trying to learn more.

Charles
Upon graduation at UTI, I'll be more than happy to relocate, and help you out

as for the honing of our engine, please...it's highly possible to bore our sleeves, i just dont see why you would want to run 11:1, I can see maybe running our stock compression on boost, but 11:1 is streching it wayyy too much, that's a bit obsurd. plus it just depends on the piston crown design, is it flat, domed, grooved, what?

11:1 Compression is cool and all, but not on our 2AZ-FE Motor, unless you have proper top and bottom end work, forget about it, be a loss of power.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC

Charles

as for the honing of our engine, please...it's highly possible to bore our sleeves, i just dont see why you would want to run 11:1, I can see maybe running our stock compression on boost, but 11:1 is streching it wayyy too much, that's a bit obsurd. plus it just depends on the piston crown design, is it flat, domed, grooved, what?

11:1 Compression is cool and all, but not on our 2AZ-FE Motor, unless you have proper top and bottom end work, forget about it, be a loss of power.
No, you cannot bore these engines. If you dont believe me, you can call ERL directly and ask them. If you wanted to do a NA or nitrous build up, I see no reason not to go to 11:1 pistons. They are domed BTW. The heads have very small chambers, however they flow quite well for a stock head. Not honda well, but well none the less. I graduated from NTI. btw.

Charles
Old 11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Charles

No, you cannot bore these engines. If you dont believe me, you can call ERL directly and ask them. If you wanted to do a NA or nitrous build up, I see no reason not to go to 11:1 pistons. They are domed BTW. The heads have very small chambers, however they flow quite well for a stock head. Not honda well, but well none the less. I graduated from NTI. btw.

Charles
Yeah after I made this post, I did research, you cannot bore the 2AZ. My apologies on that Domed piston crowns..hmmm I agree I see no reasons to go 11:1, but if they want to make the product let them, I wish them luck in sales!

A grad of NTI, hmmm, you want a future grad of UTI there?
Old 11-25-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbo... just wanted to appologize for the A$$hole comments yesterday i kind of took yours the wrong way. But i still stand by there being no point yet to going NA lol.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Charles

Charles
Yeah after I made this post, I did research, you cannot bore the 2AZ. My apologies on that Domed piston crowns..hmmm I agree I see no reasons to go 11:1, but if they want to make the product let them, I wish them luck in sales!

A grad of NTI, hmmm, you want a future grad of UTI there?
Im sorry. I didn't realize it until you just quoted me but I typed wrong. They are DISH pistons. They actually have a HUGE dish for the stock compression ratio. 38CC or so in the piston if I remember correctly. I filled one not to long ago but I dont remember the exact number. The 11:1 pistons are actually really close to flat tops. My mistake, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Charles
Old 11-26-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And you went to NTI???

But thank you for the info!
Old 11-26-2005, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 11-26-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UTI > NTI > MMI

Don't make me fly back east and come to KY and smack yo face
Old 11-27-2005, 11:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UTI > NTI > MMI

Don't make me fly back east and come to KY and smack yo face
NTI = UTI > MMI

Bring your weak ___ ride with you so I can roll you up.

j/k (or am I)

Charles
Old 11-27-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NTI = Branch of UTI

Well let me get my turbo first, then we will race
Old 11-27-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NTI = Branch of UTI

Well let me get my turbo first, then we will race
What turbo are you planning on going with?

Quick Reply: ZPI 11:1 piston facts and trials?