Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPI stage 0 story

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

nothing wrong with a t3/4 but there again it shows they are magazine people and internet pirates. T3/4 in certain combos can be awsome or crap, just depends. I myself only use the gt series from garret but then again we all have opinions. I think zpi did make a wise choise reliability wise with the 16g and price wise. "they forgot to pass the lower price along to the customers haha"

I think the best thing for you would be to install the kit, run her for a few weeks and then base your results. That kit is about a level 3 when it comes to installation and any handy person should be able to do it with ease.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All legit questions...but should have known the answers before being blindsided by the tuner shops... But, you are new to this and you will know this system inside and out. You will be very comfortable in a few weeks.

First thing is these shops have not delt with Scion TC's. I would bet money on that. Second, it sure isn't a Honda. ....not by a long shot. There are other shops that did go with a T3/T4 turbo for the TC and unless you are going MONSTER boost, this "reliable" 16g is great for small to medium boost levels. This EVO III seems to be a perfect match and it is a PROVEN reliable product. It spools fast and doesn't fall flat in our power band. Wait until you're spooling at 3000 rpm's....you will just smile.

As for the FMIC. I'm 100% agreed with you and I'm sure everyone else does as well. I want one and will get one when the stealth version is ready..hint, hint . Until then...it's just fine and not necessary. If you want cooler now...get alcohol...Kenny would probably fix you up with an inexpensive kit, plus more power.

Emanage...well emanage is also a good idea, but again not necessary with this small boost (see friggin smart ECU). I currently have emanage blue box and have yet to hook it up. Kenny will give me the options when I do ( and I didn't even get it from them....got it from another scionlifer), but before I do that, I will have my A/F ratio and EGT gauges installed. The price of metal is good, but not for a new block. So, no tuning until I can see (HINT FOR EVERYONE).

As for our injectors. Toyota (notice I didn't say Honda) did us a nice favor and stock installed 370cc injectors. The supercharger comes with 410cc. Um, hardly worth the trouble to even replace them. If you are going to replace them....go 550cc and tune it. But our ECU is friggin smart with this small boost. That, my friends is our biggest hurdle and only thing I wish they did like Honda. Be a **** with the ECU and give up the goods.

Look at what Scionspeed did, blew the engine tuning "their" turbo and ditched the customer....Who cleaned up the mess? Right now, ZPI is one of the most experienced...if not THE most experienced Scion TC tuner company in the country. These guys will back up their product 100%.

Take your time installing....double check every connection and tighten them twice. Do not settle for a short cut. If you need a new gasket...get one. New exhaust donut...get one. Change your oil to FULL synthetic...change your plugs to Denso IK22 (colder)....and use high octane fuel. Everything the supercharger kit does, except they send non-iridium plugs (cheap even as listed on Denso web site). And for pete's sake...make sure you have gauges to see what's going on (oil temp - pressure - boost gauge and for tuning AFR and EGT). I don't understand people installing FI systems and doing it bliind. Bigger nads than me.

Oh yea, one more exception...you will eat supercharged TC's.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
I don't know about that one there sciondad. I wish you were local to me. Then we could settle this once and for all . It's a cool kit but I really doubt you could beat my car the way I have it setup . I don't have your everyday TRD supoercharger anymore thanks to a few little goodies I got from a certain company . And to the guy here on Long Island. When you get that kit installed give me a PM so we can have alittle fun .
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Oooooooooooooooo FACE! Challenge! Yes!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Oooooooooooooooo FACE! Challenge! Yes!
Only if the guy from Long Island is game. He's only 25 minutes from where I used to live. I'm there every weekend if he wants to have some fun.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks everyone for helping to settle my fears, but I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna enjoy this kit.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
I don't know about that one there sciondad. I wish you were local to me. Then we could settle this once and for all . It's a cool kit but I really doubt you could beat my car the way I have it setup . I don't have your everyday TRD supoercharger anymore thanks to a few little goodies I got from a certain company . And to the guy here on Long Island. When you get that kit installed give me a PM so we can have alittle fun .
Don't make me drive 700 miles just to crush your "super" charger.

j/k

OK, he will crush stock SC systems....Then if he adds premium fuel he will crush goodie SC systems

j/k

Do tell what goodies you added
Old 11-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

haha
Old 11-09-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't make me drive 700 miles just to crush your "super" charger.

j/k

OK, he will crush stock SC systems....Then if he adds premium fuel he will crush goddie SC systems

j/k

Do tell what goodies you added
You're more than welcome to come and try . You have an auto right .I would if I could but I can't. The parts will be out soon for the rest of the guys running chargers. But I'm lucky number one having fun.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will say this much. My bottom end is not your everyday stock bottom end anymore and my supercharger is running more than a mere 7psi .
Old 11-09-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're more than welcome to come and try . You have an auto right .I would if I could but I can't. The parts will be out soon for the rest of the guys running chargers. But I'm lucky number one having fun.
Well, I will have a goodie for my auto any day now, then line runs are owned with a shift kit for the auto guys.

I'm thinking pully
Old 11-09-2005, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will say this much. My bottom end is not your everyday stock bottom end anymore and my supercharger is running more than a mere 7psi .
I knew it.....more boost. Nice job.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm thinking pully
That and much more
Old 11-09-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks bro traction is my enemy now.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Simple facts are....

Stock sc cars will eat the stage 0 cars for lunch stop light to stop light, short - mid track.

Get a stock sc car out on the freeway and a stage 0 car will whoop on a sc.

Now up the drive ratio of the supercharger for more psi across the whole rpm range and even if they are putting out equal wheel hp, the sc car will be far more fun to drive and far quicker overall.

I have run every type of engine you could imagine, from 10Krpm n/a hand grenades, 30+ psi turbo cars, to vicious supercharged street cars. My personal preference hands down is a well designed sc car. All the wonderfull benifits of a high hp n/a car but with loads of torque and gobs of hp! Not to mention much better throttle responce. In allot of ways I love turbo cars, but for sure... you turbo only guys are going to be in for a rude awakening when the mods for the sc start sprouting up all over!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

what kinda upgrades becides a smaller pully would be comming out?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Smaller pulley / pulley combos, high flow intake setup, headers will net much better results than on a n/a car, intercooler setup weather it be water or air, custom air bypass valves "mine is being setup with an HKS ssqv" Water injection kits if someone chooses no intercooler or hell, a combo of an intercooler and water injection! New maps hopfully... possibilities are endless with a supercharger as nice as the f-trim. It can be run to 20 psi or 475hp of flow with no issues. We can set her up however we want!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah homi munch's tc rocks kikin out more than 7 psi he took me for a ride personaly man it kicks ___ any stage 0 wants some come and get it
Old 11-10-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant wait to be sc.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im having a really hard time deciding whether or not to go SC or Turbo. i was thinking of getting the Stage 0 but now im second guessing that

Quick Reply: ZPI stage 0 story