Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPI Stage 0 Turbo Just Arrived - NOW PICS

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
you know what they say about guys that wear old man socks.....

they're old.. lol

i want pics post coating. it sounds sexay!

Hey, at least I have NEVER worn a Speedo.

As soon as I get the pieces back...Pics will follow.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What did you have to disassemble to send the back part of the turbo? Just not clear what part this is.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattssi
What did you have to disassemble to send the back part of the turbo? Just not clear what part this is.
There is the "O" clamp with a lock nut and bolt right in the middle. Take this ring off and the back part (with the internal waste gate flap welded shut) is what gets sent. The front part is aluminum and can be polished to a high shine if you like.

No worries putting back together because there is a small bump key built into the 2 pieces (look and you will see a small hole on one and bump on other). Also, if you send this in, place electrical tape or something to cover the "O" ring connection point with the bump key and any surfaces that you don't want coated. They will know to keep these areas clear for you.

These guys do alot of turbos, so they are pretty sure of what can and can't be done.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great, thanks for the info
Old 09-07-2005, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
There is the "O" clamp with a lock nut and bolt right in the middle. Take this ring off and the back part (with the internal waste gate flap welded shut) is what gets sent. The front part is aluminum and can be polished to a high shine if you like.

No worries putting back together because there is a small bump key built into the 2 pieces (look and you will see a small hole on one and bump on other). Also, if you send this in, place electrical tape or something to cover the "O" ring connection point with the bump key and any surfaces that you don't want coated. They will know to keep these areas clear for you.

These guys do alot of turbos, so they are pretty sure of what can and can't be done.
SO did ya get it installed last night like your daughter said ?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hell yeah! Glad to finally see one of em! I am sure we will get a great review coming from you. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by acasanova
Originally Posted by ScionDad

SO did ya get it installed last night like your daughter said ?
No, ticked her off by sending it out for coating.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Hell yeah! Glad to finally see one of em! I am sure we will get a great review coming from you. Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks...and it looks like a CAI is headed your way
Old 09-08-2005, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

sweeet! how much does a stage 0 cost now?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh no! I need to see this! PM me and I'll be right over with a 6 pack (your choice)!
btw- are you going to the show in Springfield?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stl_tc_king
oh no! I need to see this! PM me and I'll be right over with a 6 pack (your choice)!
btw- are you going to the show in Springfield?
You're welcome to help insttall with me stl_tc_king. We will probably do it the 17th (saturday). I will have all the parts back from coating next week. I don't think we will make the Springfield one, but we are going to the Gateway one. We get to show and run the new turbo down the track.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member

That's all that comes with the kit? And you paid how much for it?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What exactly were you expecting? You pay mostly for the turbo and R&D, it's not that expensive. Go ahead and build the same kit for less with the same quality and I'd be surprised (not to mention ZPI also has to turn a slight profit).
Old 09-08-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
What exactly were you expecting? You pay mostly for the turbo and R&D, it's not that expensive. Go ahead and build the same kit for less with the same quality and I'd be surprised (not to mention ZPI also has to turn a slight profit).
^^^exactly

You know....some times common sense is not so common.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ no kidding.

And I am sure people like that could just build and test one themselves much cheaper... but wait... where is theirs???? Oh yeeeeahhhhh they havent whipped one up yet have they? And shame on ZPI for actually trying to turn a profit !
Old 09-08-2005, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member

EVO Big 16g - $400-$500
TiAL BOV - $200
Log manifold - $200
piping - $150

That's what $1200?

I wasn't trying to raise hell I was asking a damn question how much the man paid for his kit. That's all.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
^^ no kidding.

And I am sure people like that could just build and test one themselves much cheaper... but wait... where is theirs???? Oh yeeeeahhhhh they havent whipped one up yet have they? And shame on ZPI for actually trying to turn a profit !
It would have been done but the people I contracted the welding out to, well they had some issues. Then my parts got backordered, then a shipping miscommunication. It was supposed to be ready like 50 weeks ago but I've had so many "delays", but keep the faith I SWEAR it's on it's way!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

labor, oil lines, wastegate, injectors, etc. etc. etc....
Old 09-08-2005, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by junkleg
EVO Big 16g - $400-$500
TiAL BOV - $200
Log manifold - $200
piping - $150

That's what $1200?

I wasn't trying to raise hell I was asking a damn question how much the man paid for his kit. That's all.
Sorry if I came of a little harsh, I wasn't trying to call you out but you also got to add in the wastegate and most importantly, labor. Say the price goes up to $1800-$2000, plus overhead to run a shop, advertising, shipping, and hopefully ZPI gets some profit out of it to make it all worthwhile. GReddy's kits are usually much higher, even double and you mostly pay for bling, I'd rather have performance. ScionSpeed's kits (if they EVER ship) are more expensive.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
labor, oil lines, wastegate, injectors, etc. etc. etc....
Yup.....new oil pan, changing the manifold design to fit better, welding the pipes a dozen times to get the fit right, tuning, etc.

Can you do it yourself cheaper??? yea buying the basic parts yourself. Do you have the materials and time to weld forever and a day getting the fit right and working out the tuning while your car is down for this?

If this kit was so easy to do and cheap to set up...I'm thinking after a year on the market...mass quantities of these kits would be available....

As it stands, there is only a handful of FI TC's out there.

Quick Reply: ZPI Stage 0 Turbo Just Arrived - NOW PICS