Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

*** Boxmans DIY turbo Build-up***

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, I think what most people dont understand about ZPI is that they are a tuning shop. They just happen to offer thier own product for our cars. Most of there time is spent wrenching on costumer cars. They are busy guys. If you want something fom them or a question its best to call like stated above. If they cant take the call right then, they will get back with you.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

They have a built in web cam to view their shop. AT MINIMAL there is 6 cars in and out of there (including ours). They are rarely on SL to reply to post all the time like Dezod. Surfing SL everyday to answer questions becomes second nature when your building SEMA Cars, customizing customer cars, COMPLETE CAR-Builds for customers. Hell man, even their OWN personal shop cars have taken back seat. I don't know of a scion shop that is working harder than they do.

I find it quite funny that just because you didn't get your way, that you had to change the title of the thread to make a big STINK about the whole situation. Like they just worked you over or something. But when you get down to the nuts and bolts about it, your just sounding like a spoiled kid.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I suppose that excuses them from shipping turbo kits to customers who have been waiting over a month? Please. This is par for the course.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Sorry if I'm off-topic, but I will risk the flames and put in my two bits. It's important to hear retail/service experiences, the good the bad and the ugly -- IMO.

I had my share of delays and headaches with Zero Parts Industries, including a 2 1/2 month wait for a refund ($1250 bucks, ouch). I tried very hard to go with them, but as they say (often), they are super busy with projects. I just wanted to be one of them. Oh well.

I got my project done using different resources, and now I'm glad to see more choices in the marketplace these days. No one should ever have to wait for anything that is claimed to be "in stock", in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your build.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had my share of delays and headaches with Zero Parts Industries, including a 2 1/2 month wait for a refund ($1250 bucks, ouch). I tried very hard to go with them, but as they say (often), they are super busy with projects. I just wanted to be one of them. Oh well.
Classic.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you're a tuning shop AND a store, you should be managing both sides equally.

However
In terms of this project, ZPI apologized and said their table was full, then wished him well. That's that. Let's not take it off topic any more please.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
They have a built in web cam to view their shop. AT MINIMAL there is 6 cars in and out of there (including ours). They are rarely on SL to reply to post all the time like Dezod. Surfing SL everyday to answer questions becomes second nature when your building SEMA Cars, customizing customer cars, COMPLETE CAR-Builds for customers. Hell man, even their OWN personal shop cars have taken back seat. I don't know of a scion shop that is working harder than they do.

I find it quite funny that just because you didn't get your way, that you had to change the title of the thread to make a big STINK about the whole situation. Like they just worked you over or something. But when you get down to the nuts and bolts about it, your just sounding like a spoiled kid.

No the name of the post was changed due to ZPI not being involved or wanting to be involved. If you want to start a post about a project you are working on then you can name it what ever the hell you want. Untill then ZPI was dropped and thats been reflected in the title. One more quick question...Why is it when someone doesn't share your views they are a "spoiled kid" or a "jerk" and my favorite "just bashing Zpi" I am spreading the word on DIY turbo options if Zpi doesnt want to help me why would they help the next guy who does a Diy turbo? I am putting together a thread with info on all parts and people who HELPED or provided info. Zpi has not done that. Dezod and others have simple as that!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, if you were bargain hunting that whole different story.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ What?^^^ I was offering ZPI a oppertunity to get FREE press on a DIY build. This is an offer I presented and I was turned down. I offered to buy the parts at full price and still was not gave the chance.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The title change really does make it sound like your disgruntled because you couldn't get what you wanted....I'd say that's a passive aggressive form of revenge if I didn't know any better.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can we drop all of this ZPI did this ZPI did that. God All I am saying is this is a Thread started for people to follow along with a DIY turbo build. This post will include the ups and the downs. If thats not ok with you I didnt make you read this posting and you never have to read it again. For those people looking for info on the build stay tuned.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, so what is next on the Agenda? Progress pics? etc.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ I have tracking info for my Greddy Black box and my intercooler photos very very soon.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

ok, back on topic, yay
Old 11-07-2006, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
I suppose that excuses them from shipping turbo kits to customers who have been waiting over a month? Please. This is par for the course.

Who do you speak of in particular?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN

No the name of the post was changed due to ZPI not being involved or wanting to be involved. If you want to start a post about a project you are working on then you can name it what ever the hell you want. Untill then ZPI was dropped and thats been reflected in the title. One more quick question...Why is it when someone doesn't share your views they are a "spoiled kid" or a "jerk" and my favorite "just bashing Zpi" I am spreading the word on DIY turbo options if Zpi doesnt want to help me why would they help the next guy who does a Diy turbo? I am putting together a thread with info on all parts and people who HELPED or provided info. Zpi has not done that. Dezod and others have simple as that!

You talk like your money is greener than mine is. Where they suppose to benefit from your project corporately or something? You talked like it was a big deal, hotshot, project, when your just another guy that want's to turbo his car. So, to make a thread singling out someone just because they didn't get back to you, is a bit childish to me. Just my opinion.

The ONLY people that are ever on here to answer question and is BEHIND the company is Dezod. Why, because they have the time. I don't see them getting to dirty, or off on builds and what not, largely due to them being primarly an internet based company. Everyone else and lets name them...

World Descendant
TRD
Turbonetics
ZPI

Are RARELY if at ALL on here to answer ANYONES questions. What's different about these other places, they actually have physical locations and relations they have to maintain, to which posting in an online forum becomes second hand. With World Desendant we have to look at Zero for information primarly, but you don't see Chris Rado on here chatting away. With TRD...NO BODY to help all the people with S/C problems. With Turbonetics you have MIPLAYA to help some, but he isn't the guy designing or producing the kit. With ZPI, there is no spokesperson, it's either Kenny or Sean, to which those two guys are the same two guys working on the same 6 or so cars in the shop daily, and trying to get kits out daily.

All I'm saying is dude, you have the least bit to complain about. 1) they aren't working on your car. 2) your not waiting on anything. And you want to flame someone. Yeah your right, I dont' agree with the borderline flaming title when you have such a Dust In The Wind complaint.

it's just my opinion, hate it or love it. Now I'm done, you can go back to doing whatever it was you were doing, and good luck to you on it.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mFrosty
The title change really does make it sound like your disgruntled because you couldn't get what you wanted....I'd say that's a passive aggressive form of revenge if I didn't know any better.

You said it WAAAAYYYYY! better than I did, and with less words. Thank you, as that is the only thing I was trying to convey.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow once again Rythmnsmoke pulls through with his foot in his mouth. Just put a cork in it. Yes Zpi would have benifited I work for a corporation and the vehicle is on all printed scion material from that company. Just shut your mouth or Pm me to run it. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A DIY TURBO BUILD! ......AND HOW DARE YOU COMPARE DEZOD TO TRD SHAME SHAME SHAME!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ONE more thing Chris Rado knew who Dezod was but had no idea who Zpi was at that was at SEMA 06. I guess Dezod has just spent more time in the forums huh?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine

Who do you speak of in particular?
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=20

Page 2.

Quote: "Still havent got it yet. I orderd this over a month ago. Realy want to boost!!!"

Quick Reply: *** Boxmans DIY turbo Build-up***