Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

**PTuning's Red Line T-Attack Debut**

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default **PTuning's Red Line T-Attack Debut**

This was BY FAR the BEST EVER Motorsports event I have ever attended. It just absolutely TOPS anything I have ever done/participated in/or raced. It cost only $10 for two days....how they did that is beyond me. But $10! The event is only 15mins away from my house. So, it's basically in my back yard. And that was the biggest PLUS!

PTuning.......

Where do I begin! I can't say enough about these guys and what they do. Mr. C, it was a Pleasure meeting you and gaining all the knowledge you were dishing out to my crew and I. We are in debt to you. For those of you that could not make it out due to distance....PTuning traveled 10 hrs to this event on the cars debut. 14 PSI on a stock Block proved to be very reliable in this TN Heat/Humidity. The guys were posting consistent 1:10 lap times. I believe their best lap was 1:09. Not only did this car perform it's **** off, but PTuning (Mr. C) was a man of his word, and got Ross (their driver) to take me out for a few laps. 14 PSI was INSANE! at 140mph! Ross hit Speed Cutt right before the Transition on one of his runs. He looked down at the mph and it was 140+.

The FASTEST lap time overall was the Top Secret Old school Subie with lap times in the 1:03 sec. Rado posted a 1:05sec after having a few mechanical problems. He was down a lot more than I could have liked, but I still have vid of him at WOT. PTuning being stock motor only.....I would have to say....was hella reliable out there. They had only two problems to my knowledge. One was a recurring problem, and that was the heat was transferring up from the Wastegate and into the wastegate lines melting them (one time Ross spiked to 30 PSI because of the line damage). The other problem happen toward the end of the day and that was some bolts in the manifold to turbo had backed out due to all the abusive vibrations generated by the track and it's transitions from highs to lows. I will post up the media here in a minute and give you some more inside feedback.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ptunning nevers lets down. I have spent hours talking to them at various shows and their shop. They know what they are doing, they care about the community, not just scions, and they have amazing talent!!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

They have an abundant amount of SKill behind building a "Functioning" car. They are a great group of guys who know quite a deal about Road racing, and getting a car setup properly for it.

There is one thing I forgot to clarify. The Top Secret Subie was in the Unlimited class. Rado is in the Unlimited class, and PTuning were running the Modified, and then also started competing in the Unlimited class after being pretty much the only competition in Modified. So, out of nobility they decided to not take an easy win, and compete against the cars in the upper class.

PTuning was running Toyo R888 compound tires, while the Unlimited class cars are running Slicks. Ross stepped up his game on one of the transitions from the bank to the flat. He was braking before hitting the transition. After some more learning the track and car, he was going WOT and braking AFTER the transition...CRAZY! If you were there, you would see the bank and how rough that transition was, and hitting it at 140+ was guttzy. The only other car I saw not letting off and hitting at WOT was the Top Secret Subie. On my rides with Ross, he was still trying to find his groove, so he was breaking before the transition when I was in the car. And let me tell you....when the car was braking, it felt like hitting a WALL head first! Damn. The Stoptechs and the combination of the R888's was sweet. We were catching up to an older Porsche in the turns. We got waved to pass by, because we were coming up on the Porsche HARD. I think I gave Ross a little adrenaline rush on that one, cause I was pointing at the Porsche and giving it the thumbs down for Ross to take him out.....LOL. So he was gunning it. He got a little to aggressive after passing the Porsche and came in to Hot on the next corner....ehehee. We took out a cone, and had some off course run ins. But the best and crazy part was WOT on the straight and hitting the 140+ and then braking like you just hit a wall.....DAMN!

We got a chance to do 5 laps on the track at low speed and that was a BLAST! I'm hooked if I had to say so myself. Hope to have some seat time next season.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
pics?
I got Pics and even better...VIDS! Inside and outside of the PTuning car, outside of Rado's, and pics of Rado's.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Loading Pics.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The Porsche we passed up.

Fastest Car of ALL the cars. Fastest Overall. 2,000lbs and 500hp

Old 07-28-2008, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Vids will be uploaded soon.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

nice pics
Old 07-28-2008, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

How did the red "TopSpeed" Subie do overall? I know quite a few of those guys decently well... Their shop is about 10 minutes from ours...we use their 4wd dyno when we get an AWD car we need to tune...

I've seen that car in person, and let me tell you boy.... that thing is fast! Ptuning's got alot to live up to in order to run with that car...

::Edit::
It's funny, I realized that that black 350 is about 5 minutes from our "old shop location..." lol Forged Performance is an "Interesting" group of guys.... they can do 350s/g35's but personally I wouldn't trust them with tooo much more...
Old 07-28-2008, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Old 07-28-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so ptuning was actually in a lower class then rado and top secret? but decided to go up due to lack of competition in the modified class?
So they ended up beating some guys in teh higher class? I mean, it's mainly tire compound, right?
Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow that must have been sweet. You suck Travis LOL. Hey man great pics. Im so jealous you got to ride in the p-tunign car. cant wait to see the vids.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Did Rado break an axel or something?

Also what kind of sways are those?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sick ___ car!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This was the greatest event to have ever hit mid TN... I hope from now on Import Alliance is this BIG... I was expecting famous people to be there.. It was great..
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
so ptuning was actually in a lower class then rado and top secret? but decided to go up due to lack of competition in the modified class?
So they ended up beating some guys in teh higher class? I mean, it's mainly tire compound, right?

Rules allow other things. For example, Unlimited you can run lexan glass. PTuning had all your standard factory glass. They were the only ones in modified, and then the Greddy Twin Turbo G35 with 608whp, started dual classing as well. The G35 was iin both Modified and Unlimited. The G35 posted times in the 1:05 once they put on the Kuhmo slicks. PTuning had one set of tires, and that was the R888. If they were on the slicks as well, I think they would be chewing at the heals of the G35. The G35 before moving to the Unlimited class also, was running R888's as well, and posting around the same times as PTuning. They were running 15 PSI (500+whp) for this event.

They were forced to turn the boost up, and throw on slicks because of PTuning's 370-380whp Stock motor Scion tC.

.....What they scared for...it's just a Scion right?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Did Rado break an axel or something?

Also what kind of sways are those?

The axles they had in there were aftermarket (not sure what kind), but the CV joints would melt from heat, causing the grease to get released. So, they went back to stock axles. After that, they blew the tranny (30+ PSI of boost). First tranny I know of to ever blow. They fixed that too. Had barely any time in practice, and in competition, still posted a 1:05 time.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

If you can make a trip to one, it is a MUST SEE!

Quick Reply: **PTuning's Red Line T-Attack Debut**