Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

**PTuning's Red Line T-Attack Debut**

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by spazegunn213
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I should harass them more about building me that roll cage...hehehe. That and the floor plates.
haha, that might be a little harder than the turbo kit. Although I can promise you the gang would LOVE to prepare another Time Attack/Track car. The fabrication skills at the shop are AMAZING and they can truly do anything they put their minds to. I'd also love seeing a sister PTuning time attack car out there in any class

Oh, I already told Mr C that I would be hitting them up for some Time Attack help . I think the one thing I am really interested in is the Advan RGII wheels that he was talking about. About configuring the car so it could run the aggressive curve on the spokes for the tC instead of the normal straight looking appearance.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
Originally Posted by kanundrum
yea that def seems like wayyy to much roll
That's not body roll. That's the tc coming down after riding on two wheels from going over the curb. I'll post more tomorrow after I get some much needed sleep. Driving 10+ hrs all night with no sleep in a suburban with no A/C is a very unpleasant experience, but it was all worth it.

MrC
MrC hope you dont mind I was going to post up some of the videos I took of the Ptuning car.
Jester, feel free to post your video. I'm interested in seeing some video of the car myself.

MrC

Old 07-29-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Brian, you have a firewire cable I can borrow, so I can upload what I have in video too?

Sounds like a Jet against the walls of the SpeedWay at WOT.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Music City Scions
SL Member

Oh, I already told Mr C that I would be hitting them up for some Time Attack help . I think the one thing I am really interested in is the Advan RGII wheels that he was talking about. About configuring the car so it could run the aggressive curve on the spokes for the tC instead of the normal straight looking appearance.
I know they can help you out with that. Trust me when i say 255's are a LOT of grip for these cars. You'll also be the envy of all your friends with wheels that wide.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats Ptuning!!! nice driving Ross!! will there be an event here in the west coast? i wanna see you guys in action too!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluaeon
congrats Ptuning!!! nice driving Ross!! will there be an event here in the west coast? i wanna see you guys in action too!
There is talk of heading out there, but thats going to require some serious sponsorship and organization. We've love to come out there, and I know the car would do well
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 PM

Default Re: **PTuning's Red Line T-Attack Debut**

First off, I would like to take this opportunity to thanks our sponsors. Without their support, this weekend would not have been possible.

Progess Technology for supplying us with the custom time attack-spec coil-over suspension setup and rear custom sway bar. Our driver, Ross Miller praised it's superb handling and feedback. We will continue to provide feedback to Progress, to help further develop the coilovers for the Scion tC, in particular for time attack racing.

Seibon Carbon for supplying us with the very strong and lightweight carbon fiber hood and trunk lid. As many of you saw this weekend, with the little incident we had this weekend at 80mph, the carbon fiber hood is not only light, but very strong--strong enough to break the front factory hood hinges, instead of breaking the hood. The hood and trunk is by far the best fitting and best finished carbon fiber components we've seen on the market.

Hawk Performance for supplying us with the DTC-60 and HT-10 racing brake pads on a very short notice. The pads were awesome. According to our driver, they help the car stop like it was hitting a brick wall. The pads provided consistent braking, lap after lap.

Our driver Ross Miller did an awesome job piloting the Ptuning tc this weekend. Driving a new setup on a new course in itself is difficult enough, but pulling off some ridiculous lap times requires some serious skill and a lot of guts. I believe Ross was out breaking everyone coming off the oval onto the first in-field. Thanks for doing such an exceptional job driving the car and also for bringing her back in one-piece.

Also, the Ptuning crew would like to thank Travis, Jester, and the rest of their crew for there support this weekend--the barb fitting you loaned us really came in handy. We really enjoy talking to all of you. If you had fun this weekend, I highly recommend you try to make the VIR event in October. That events is going to be big, especially with the West coast teams making their appearing for the final round of the Redline Time Attack/GT Live. VIR is located near the border of Virginia and North Carolina. There is a possiblity that we will be running a slighlty more radical ptuning tC setup for VIR.

I will try to post some more pictures shortly.

MrC

Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Music City Scions
SL Member

Default Re: **PTuning's Red Line T-Attack Debut**

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
First off, I would like to take this opportunity to thanks our sponsors. Without their support, this weekend would not have been possible.

Progess Technology for supplying us with the custom time attack-spec coil-over suspension setup and rear custom sway bar. Our driver, Ross Miller praised it's superb handling and feedback. We will continue to provide feedback to Progress, to help further develop the coilovers for the Scion tC, in particular for time attack racing.

Seibon Carbon for supplying us with the very strong and lightweight carbon fiber hood and trunk lid. As many of you saw this weekend, with the little incident we had this weekend at 80mph, the carbon fiber hood is not only light, but very strong--strong enough to break the front factory hood hinges, instead of breaking the hood. The hood and trunk is by far the best fitting and best finished carbon fiber components we've seen on the market.

Hawk Performance for supplying us with the DTC-60 and HT-10 racing brake pads on a very short notice. The pads were awesome. According to our driver, they help the car stop like it was hitting a brick wall. The pads provided consistent braking, lap after lap.

Also, the Ptuning crew would like to thank Travis, Jester, and the rest of his crew for there support this weekend--the barb fitting you loaned us really came in handy. We really enjoy talking to all of you. If you had fun this weekend, I highly recommend you try to make the VIR event in October. That events is going to be big, especially with the West coast teams making their appearing for the final round of the Redline Time Attack/GT Live. VIR is located near the border of Virginia and North Carolina. There is a possiblity that we will be running a slighlty more radical ptuning tC setup for VIR.

I will try to post some more pictures shortly.

MrC
Let me echo what MrC said, and say without sponsors the achievements we've had would really not have been possible. Let me also say that without the support of the fans, forums goers, and other supporters it would have been a boring weekend. You all made it FUN! I enjoyed talking with everyone that walked by. While I'm not the most technical person I enjoyed explaining the amazing fabrication to people.

I would also like to thank:
Progess Technology for their suspension, and dedication to make tC's even faster on track! Your setup was amazing and I cannot wait to work with you all to improve it.

Seibon Carbon for an amazingly strong product! Our weekend could have been over in an instant, but because of their quality and craftsmanship the damage was minimal.

Hawk Performance for allowing me to go deeper into the braking zones than any other car. I've put hawks on all my street cars and my race cars, because they are the BEST pads out there.

Again, thank you everyone for your support as well . Without you all, we would not be doing this. MrC you are to kind, without the quality engineering and fabrication that went into the car, it would be just another tC. You all transformed the car into a MONSTER, that is 100% reliable!! I'm privileged to drive your car, and I'm already gearing up for summit!

I hope that you all will be able to join us at the remaining events, at Summit Point, and For GTLive at VIR!!!

-Ross Miller
Old 07-29-2008, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Brian, you have a firewire cable I can borrow, so I can upload what I have in video too?

Sounds like a Jet against the walls of the SpeedWay at WOT.
absolutely!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I think something insanely obscured would have to come about in October to stop Brian and Myself from meeting up with you guys at VIR. I can't wait to see VIR, and the transformation you put into the tC. You guys are eating at Rado's heels (I know you are humble about it), but you are going to be chasing the podium finishes along side him, and that would be SUPER interesting. And the More tC's the better, Rado can't have all the fun now can he? LOL...

I see a road trip to your shop in the future. I have to go to my boy's shop first (Houston, TX), and then another trip to PTuning to see how they do it.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Query: VIR?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Virginia Internatinal raceway!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have ran there. Its an awesome complex with a great track surface. (they have more than just the raceay. They have a real cool motocross area. We watched some practices one time we went there?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow.....that's a LONG way from here!! I think I'll save up and go to Illinois to get my car tuned at 3Bspecialties. Besides...it's closer!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:22 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Not sure if you are referring tobeing far from VIR or not. But PTunning is even further from you than VIR. Ptunning is up near the Washington DC area. (not in DC but thats a good reference point for you)
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ptuning.... you should release the turbo kit stat . The car looks amazing, and looks like it can scream down the track. I wish I could have gone and talked to you all, but I will have to wait until you are closer or until I can save up and go next year. If you all want a sister car, be my guest on mine! I would love it... though I would probably be a full weight sister car haha...
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I lived in DC....for nearly 8 years.....I know the area very well!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and where are those vids rhythm and jester?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:48 PM
SL Member

looks nice
Old 07-29-2008, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and also congrats on a great showing Ptuning!

Quick Reply: **PTuning's Red Line T-Attack Debut**