Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

**Travis vs Preston vs Vinny (Video Pg 3)**

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Yes. A dezod one when they first came out.

I'm not even going to bother anymore because you obviously think the video was rigged.
see, now your just putting words in other peoples mouths. when did i say the video was rigged? im just stating my opinion here. take it for what its worth. im just calling it how i see it. theres no need to get upset over something so trivial. thats why i keep pushing for a track race. so you can take all the speculation, and opinions out of the equation. we all know travis loves to race his car. and for that i applaud him. but if your gonna do something do it right. take it to the track.

indeed....to do it right, you also got to have the right tools. I'm all about the track too. But I'm about being optimal at the track also. Scion factory rubber does not make an ideal drag race. And it takes money to get the ideal tools to optimize the car. Don't have the money or the tools presently, but will in a few months time. But I'm still going to enjoy the speed enhancing I have done to this car in the mean time....
Old 05-21-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Brett knows his stuff. And Carbon, you got guts telling me to be quiet. F*ck you, I never did anything to you.

Anyway, 1/4th mile race is the best way to go, because you are going all out and competing, you cant really do that on the streets because of hazards and cops. That's why I never video races on the street because its worthless.

You don't have any videos period....now that's worthless...

Street race is going all out and competing, is it not? Not defending street challenges, just saying, is it not a competition? Usually depicted by the car that maintains an lead on the other car by a significant amount/set time limit.

Not to mention, I do go to the track, so I know about racing at the track too.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
^^sorry travis. just going off what i see in the video. nothing personal. just giving my opinion on what i saw. i cant say absolutely what happened as i was not there, and have only the video to go on. when do you think he would have a new clutch by?

He is working on getting it this summer. He is a high school student, so money isn't a big ticket item right now when your that age...heehhe. So, he has to bribe the parents persay in to letting him work off some of his mods... I reckon we mod where and when we can. I have so many mods on the horizon that I can't even count. It takes me so long to add a mod, cause they aren't cheap, and I have a family to take care of. But I'm going to be running stuff on the ride....that I just don't see on here at all. Just takes time that's all.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis and Joe what would be a good downgradable size for me to go with. I want full boost around 2,600-3,000rpms. But still have top end and make 300hp w/o too much boost... around 10-12psi..
Old 05-22-2008, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
Travis and Joe what would be a good downgradable size for me to go with. I want full boost around 2,600-3,000rpms. But still have top end and make 300hp w/o too much boost... around 10-12psi..

A GT series turbo perhaps is what you are looking for. Like anything from a GT12 - GT25 probably. They seem to be smaller - mid sized turbine that should spool pretty good. I have no experience with them, so I don't know exactly which one would put you in those optimal range for a stock motor. Perhaps a GT22 or GT25 should spool up pretty good and still have enough on the top end. But they aren't exactly cheap.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would go with the disco potato for a small fast spooler wonder what mine will spool around?
Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah Disco Potato I think would be pretty good too, but it's not going to spool at 2600rpm like he wants. Not sure what that spools at, I thought TT was running it at one point?
Old 05-22-2008, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
i would go with the disco potato for a small fast spooler wonder what mine will spool around?
x2! gt28rs :D
Old 05-22-2008, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it will spool that low its pretty small i know thats what they put on the 1.5 liter xb1 and it spools pretty fast
Old 05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I see...well there ya go Vinny.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

FP Green FTW all around good turbo.