Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

*update 6/17* New vid+1/4 #'s.. My Turbonetics TC

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry guys, just woke up.. to answer most of the questions. The catback inlet from what i remember is 2.25 inlet then becomes 2.5 all the way back. So those helped my gains quite some.. I do eventually plan on upping the boost and getting new clutch/boost controller...etc and having it retuned. As for the dyno i do not recall wheter it was 3rd or 4th gear I would have to doublecheck on that one, but yes it was a dynojet. For the dampening on the coilovers I first drove around on stiff on the way back home...OMG its like constantly driving over speedbumps going like 50mph..so I softened both rear and front all the way and its a little better but the ride is still really stiff you feel almost everything on the road. But they do handle amazing! So if you prefer performance > comfort, these are the coilovers for you! As for height i have the rear lowered all the way it perfectly aligns with my tires as i also have 18x8.5 wheels. Front could use a bit more of a drop but I have to wait till the springs fully settle. Install cant really say, i was a previous customer so they dropped it quite some And last for idle..seems to idle fine the only thing is I gotta get used to not be going 40mph in 3rd gear and put it into neutral to glide...it will stall.. so just keeping it in gear no problems what so ever. Other than that kit is amazing! Also I did host a really small small clip.. kinda sux! Let me know what you guys think. I hope i answered everything lol.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...7a6f3a96cd.htm

-Dan
Old 06-03-2006, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

sweet... gotta get more clips
Old 06-03-2006, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh its being worked on the one thing im going to try to do best is post a bunch of vids! Cause thats what everyone always wants is to hear the beauty! I will be washing my car and detailing tonight and taking off lower grill for ImportWar in PA tomorrow. Then I will post more pics and vidoes but hopefully itll stop raining here first

-Dan
Old 06-03-2006, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by datrickster24
And last for idle..seems to idle fine the only thing is I gotta get used to not be going 40mph in 3rd gear and put it into neutral to glide...it will stall.. so just keeping it in gear no problems what so ever.

Wait, so you are saying that you can be in 3rd gear and at 40mph, your car will just die Dude, that's not something you have to get use to, because it's not suppose to be happening. Maybe there is a small glitch in your tune. I would have that checked out again. TN kits are not suppose to stall like that from what I understand.

Heck, we never stall and our Bov vents to the atmosphere.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its not while in gear, its when im semi flooring it...then put from 3rd/4th into neutral to glide to a stop or just glide basically..the rpms will drop to under 500 and it will stall once in a while. Im not sure if many people do this method as I use to do it N/A to save gas and not be in gear all the time.

-Dan
Old 06-03-2006, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its not while in gear, its when im semi flooring it...then put from 3rd/4th into neutral to glide to a stop or just glide basically..the rpms will drop to under 500 and it will stall once in a while. Im not sure if many people do this method as I use to do it N/A to save gas and not be in gear all the time.

-Dan
If you had a wideband in the car, you would see that when you do that. The car will go crazy rich. If you were local I would fix that problem for you because I have the tuning tool for the unichip Another thing you could do is, goto the dealership and pick up a set of sparkplugs that goto the supercharger kit. They are one step colder and make a world of difference.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill be up there tomorrow!!! Not sure what time your available because you have the show to attend too but im off monday too maybe we can work something out? Ill IM you tonight! Off to work I go.

-Dan
Old 06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill be up there tomorrow!!! Not sure what time your available because you have the show to attend too but im off monday too maybe we can work something out? Ill IM you tonight! Off to work I go.

-Dan
Just catch me on AIM like you always do
Old 06-03-2006, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

-Dan

Car still shouldn't stall on you though. When I drive, I down shift and let out the clutch to engine brake, and as I'm slowing down more and more, each gear drop until I'm sitting in 1st.

But again, you shouldn't be stalling.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

-Dan

Car still shouldn't stall on you though. When I drive, I down shift and let out the clutch to engine brake, and as I'm slowing down more and more, each gear drop until I'm sitting in 1st.

If you flog the car and then sink the clutch to let it coast, you will probably stall to. It creates a really rich condition for the car. That's not the proper way to drive .
Old 06-03-2006, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member

what kind of turbo is it??? and when does it kick in?
Old 06-03-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by someguywithcar
what kind of turbo is it??? and when does it kick in?
Like the Title say "Turbonetics". When I bolted my kit on I useed to hit full boost by 3200, now I hit full boost by 2700
Old 06-03-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbonetics is by far the cleanest looking kit IMO..
Looks hot!
Old 06-03-2006, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

man....that kit is sweet as hell!! congrats bro..
Old 06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Sweet numbers bro . I told you that you would love the kit
And when u order it it arrives in a week.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

-Dan

It run pig fart rich without tuning to ur cars needs. I'm gona see 300whp then drive to fart on u.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-03-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks great..and excellent numbers too!!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i liked the hidden IC behind the lower grille... seems to me that i am the only one that likes to have a sleeper look
Old 06-04-2006, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does the kit come with a bypass valve or BOV? The specs say it's a BOV, but when I look at the pics it looks like it's re-routing air back into the system. Sorry about the question, I'm a noob with these things.

Quick Reply: *update 6/17* New vid+1/4 #'s.. My Turbonetics TC