Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

*update 6/17* New vid+1/4 #'s.. My Turbonetics TC

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

on that run...my reaction time was .4 and it was my 2nd run ever at the track.. im sure i will pull much better times...i will see when i run again at the scionvip show on July 2nd...then i will have setup better and be prepared..

-Dan
Old 06-20-2006, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah man practice will help a lot... it's the dumb wheelhop that really hurts the turbo times...If you try the ingalls stiffy it makes a big difference and finally allowed me to make a 2.1 sec pass with my audio system.

My avg 60' is a 2.2...

Depending on what you have holding you down I think with some practice and those kind of numbers you can easily pull about a 13.7. I'd say work on your launch technique and figure out optimal shiftpoints. I always take 1st and second gear to near redline, but what are you using for 3rd? Shifting at or below 6k, or are you taking it to about 6200? Finding out what works best with you're tune can give you some impressive numbers so take a look into that and see if you pull off some really nice times.

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by datrickster24
1/8th was 9.165.. and not sure if your asking for mph at 1/8 or final... but final was 103.63 mph. Doesnt say the 1/8th mph.

-Dan

Yeah, was talking about the 1/8th mph. I accidently posted under my girls sn. I took our tC to the 1/8th, and I had a failing clutch while I was running. Clutch slipped the whole time while I was racing. Tried to warm up the tires, and they wouldn't even spin. This was with a Clutchmasters Stage 1 too. Best I could muster out was a 9.0 flat at 82.25mph. First gear was a no go, because the clutch would do nothing but slip, and would only catch in 2nd and on up. Then it finally burned out on like the 5th run.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
yeah man practice will help a lot... it's the dumb wheelhop that really hurts the turbo times...If you try the ingalls stiffy it makes a big difference and finally allowed me to make a 2.1 sec pass with my audio system.

My avg 60' is a 2.2...

Depending on what you have holding you down I think with some practice and those kind of numbers you can easily pull about a 13.7. I'd say work on your launch technique and figure out optimal shiftpoints. I always take 1st and second gear to near redline, but what are you using for 3rd? Shifting at or below 6k, or are you taking it to about 6200? Finding out what works best with you're tune can give you some impressive numbers so take a look into that and see if you pull off some really nice times.

Good luck.
Yea everytime took it redline and shifted... im assuming i would have to look at a tune in order to see where my optimal shifting points are to get the best of the turbo. Other than that hopefully I can get a 2.2/2.1 0-60 time at the scionvip show. And maybe under 9.0.. sucks its only 1/8th i would love to practice more and get maybe a 13.7/13.6. Well ill find another time to go the track and practice.. first things first though new CLUTCH lol.. i really didnt feel anything that bad on my first 2 runs.. but it did feel rough after the 2nd run but now its back to normal. Any other tips would be helpful Joe. Appreciate it.

-Dan
Old 06-20-2006, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod

My avg 60' is a 2.2...

Good luck.
Yea everytime took it redline and shifted... im assuming i would have to look at a tune in order to see where my optimal shifting points are to get the best of the turbo. Other than that hopefully I can get a 2.2/2.1 0-60 time at the scionvip show. And maybe under 9.0.. sucks its only 1/8th i would love to practice more and get maybe a 13.7/13.6. Well ill find another time to go the track and practice.. first things first though new CLUTCH lol.. i really didnt feel anything that bad on my first 2 runs.. but it did feel rough after the 2nd run but now its back to normal. Any other tips would be helpful Joe. Appreciate it.

-Dan

Yeah, I felt the same way. I felt it in the car that it would run 8's in the 1/8th. But Having a failing clutch isn't going to get me there. So, Stage 3 and 8's in the 1/8th will come over the course of the next couple of months.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

on that run...my reaction time was .4 and it was my 2nd run ever at the track.. im sure i will pull much better times...i will see when i run again at the scionvip show on July 2nd...then i will have setup better and be prepared..

-Dan
wow drop the psi on those tires some
Old 06-20-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool man, hey u coming to NJ July 2nd for the VIP event?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep, already registered ill be there.

-Dan
Old 06-23-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Heres the vid... its of my 14.0 run... too bad my friend didnt get my 13.9 but pretty much same thing! Enjoy: http://media.putfile.com/140-run-of-...filmed-though-

-Dan
I like how he said "coming on hard over there, check out that newer ride". He didn't even know what it was. Silly rabbit.