Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

*Vulcan Turbo* 3" COMPLETE Exhaust System... "Head

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interested... need pics and sound samples/videos.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do.... its my car and what i want it to sound like
Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Originally Posted by nebster
Yes - I stand by that statement.

Exhaust leaks after the downpipe increases HP.

Exhaust leaks before turbo decrease HP.

Care to re-read my post more carefully?
i guess i want a really ____ty exhaust that sounds like butt than.
The exhaust leak is just an FYI... no one wants to hear an exhaust leak.

But for my many years of modifying cars, I've never had to use a V-band to get a good seal on an exhaust.

And I personally think my exhaust sounds badass - I use 2-bolt flanges - full 3" S-pipe, full 3" cat-back to a 18" resonator, and a magnaflow muffler. All for $600 and it's designed for MY tastes - not some company's.

im with him my exhaust was 180 for a full 3 inch from my down pipe back all i have now is a little glass pack i need a actuall muffler but other then that im happy with it
Old 11-10-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any progress on this.. Probably not, since the turbokit is more important at the moment..
Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 AM
SL Member

Not yet, Probably will start later this week, I also have a brand new cobalt ss turbo coming in for a fitting of the 3" turbo back exhaust so i might get caught up on that.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do your thing man..
Old 11-10-2008, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I appreciate you making more aftermartket support for our cars..
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure what all the "hoopla" on V-bands is all about.

I understand having a V-band between the turbo and manifold, and even a V-band between the turbo and downpipe.. but having a V-band on the exhaust seems a waste of materials and money. Even if you have a small exhaust leak after your downpipe, it won't have any negative affects - if anything you'll increase HP from the decrease in backpressure.
actually that is very false. Even the smallest exhaust leak will have negative effects especially on the tune and will result in a loss of power. If you have a car with even a tiny leak... the 02 sensors in the vehicle and air fuel fork of the dyno are recieving false readings. The result is increased amount of oxygen in the exhaust and the factory computer will automatically want to richen up the car and it will loose power (it happened to me). Also, if the car is tuned with an exhaust leak the car is actually tuned far rich than what the dyno is reading and thus... an overly rich tune.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:12 AM
SL Member

There should be no issue of exhaust leaks with our exhaust systems, all mating flanges are checked for flatness before shipping, they are corrected if needed on the belt sander to ensure a proper seal.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
actually that is very false. Even the smallest exhaust leak will have negative effects especially on the tune and will result in a loss of power. If you have a car with even a tiny leak... the 02 sensors in the vehicle and air fuel fork of the dyno are recieving false readings. The result is increased amount of oxygen in the exhaust and the factory computer will automatically want to richen up the car and it will loose power (it happened to me). Also, if the car is tuned with an exhaust leak the car is actually tuned far rich than what the dyno is reading and thus... an overly rich tune.
I am talking about after downpipe - and yes I was being very general - but most people (and by most people I'm talking all vehicles - not just Scions - we are a small population) have their O2s on their downpipe. The exhaust/air is already metered so any leaks after that point will not affect your tune.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
I am talking about after downpipe - and yes I was being very general - but most people (and by most people I'm talking all vehicles - not just Scions - we are a small population) have their O2s on their downpipe. The exhaust/air is already metered so any leaks after that point will not affect your tune.
that is correct. but if the car is tuned with a leak with an af fork the tune will be overly rich and power will suffer.