Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

@ Anyone with the TRD S/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by VitViper
Originally Posted by trdpaul
On the 2007 tC model, reflashing of the ECU is done by a regular Scan Tool or the New TechStream that every Toyota Dealer should have. Gone is the Special Tool that was use for the 05-06 models.
That's what I heard from the service manager yesterday.... but for some reason they are saying there's a wait before they can get it???

edit: before they can get the flash for the 07, apparently they're waiting on Toyota for it??
The Supercharger is now available since last Thursday. There is no wait on anything. All Toyota warehouse has the Supercharger in stock. Most of the dealership might not be aware of the new procedure to download, that is why they are saying there is a wait. But once they read the instructions they will realize that all you need is a regular Scan Tool to download the program.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VitViper
On the 2007 tC model, reflashing of the ECU is done by a regular Scan Tool or the New TechStream that every Toyota Dealer should have. Gone is the Special Tool that was use for the 05-06 models.
That's what I heard from the service manager yesterday.... but for some reason they are saying there's a wait before they can get it???

edit: before they can get the flash for the 07, apparently they're waiting on Toyota for it??
The Supercharger is now available since last Thursday. There is no wait on anything. All Toyota warehouse has the Supercharger in stock. Most of the dealership might not be aware of the new procedure to download, that is why they are saying there is a wait. But once they read the instructions they will realize that all you need is a regular Scan Tool to download the program.
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming this. My dealership is apparently aware that they can use their regular scan tool to do this, but for some reason they say they are waiting on Toyota to make the ECU flash available for them to download and it might be a couple weeks...?? I know they've got my supercharger ordered already, and I'm anxious to get the thing installed.

(ps: do you happen to work for TRD? lol)
Old 04-18-2007, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Woot, scheduled my S/C install for Monday. Looks like the parts & service manager did some digging last night and got the same answers that the TRD flash was already available on the TIS. 07 S/C TC 4tw!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Wyatt_Herb
It was just a reference to TRD claiming "somebody incorrectly torqued the bolts and that is why your bracket broke..." Then, redesigning the part that was breaking because of "install error." Somebody mentioned they might have put out a TSB on it?!?!
The broken brackets were because of a fault installation. It's not a claim it's the truth. If it were because or poor quality part then why haven't all the brackets broken? They redesigned it to be what I'm calling "Idiot proof". It give a little more play when tightening everything down. If the installation instructions are followed correctly then you won't have an issue with the original bracket.