Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

|Dezod Motorsports| You asked, and we've listened.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default |Dezod Motorsports| You asked, and we've listened.

As plenty of you know, our current promotion through the end of the year for our turbo systems involves FREE Shipping, a FREE Vac Manifold and a FREE Upgraded turbo. (all of these discounts are taken into account after the checkout processed is completed)

Anyway, we've listened to what you had to say about our kit, and are taking it stride. What will happen over the next 2-3 months?

Vac Manifold
We are currently providing a Vibrant Performance Vac block with every order. This will continue until year end. At that time we hope to have our line of Vac manifolds ready for distribution with our turbo kits. So, a Vac manifold will be a standard in all kits come Jan 1 2009.

Downpipes
We currently offer 3 different downpipe configurations and the stats on them have been tracked over the last year. We are going to discontinue the "Rebel", which is non-recirculated with no dump tube catless downpipe and are going to offer just the "Off-Road Special" which is a recirculated dump tube and catless & the "Legal Beagel" which is a catted downpipe with a recirculated dump tube. So in essence all downpipes will be recirculated and you will have a choice of catless or catted. The price on the catted will also come down $150-100 overall. We have discovered ways to make this system more cost effectively and are passing the savings onto you guys! This change will begin Jan 1 2009 as well. BY this date, will be stocking approximately 50 of each downpipe.

Turbocharger
All though we have had tremendous success with our frankenstein turbos we will build with Borg Warner and Garrett parts, we have made the decision to run with Precision turbos on our tC kits. Of course as plenty of you know, Precision uses 100% Garrett parts and offers a kick ___ warranty on all of their turbos. Our blended turbos will still be available to you, but just upon request. This will not alter the price of the turbo systems, and overall this will be slowly integrated into systems between now and Jan 1 2009.

The Precision turbochargers will also have a more cost effective Ball Bearing options that will be implemented as well for a mere $300-450 instead of $450-550. So BB just got cheaper.

Manifold
Since almost the beginning of production, we where producing our manifolds one way. Time has shown us that this way, for some users, has lead to some small failures on manifolds. Our reject rate is approx 5%, which IMHO, is a little high. So we sat down here and devised a plan that should cut this rate to half if not less.

We have always had our Triple A manifold as an option. This manifold is retarded in stout with Schedule 40 304L stainless, 1/2" thick head flange, 1/2" thick T3 inlet flanges ect. The unit is produced with a different design using "t's" and "l's" and also is welded using the ASW process of industrial TIG welding using roots and hot passes on high all joints to maximize penetration and prevent failure. The manifolds weight approx 10-11 lbs each, and that should give you an indication of how well they are built.

The materials are prepped using a 2 step process where the welding will occur, and the overall unit is back-purged using 100% Pure Argon to ensure there is no internal contamination of the welds as well. So, overall this unit is guaranteed winner and we have had several of these running for 2-3 years on different turbo tCs with a ZERO failure rate on power levels from 225whp-400whp. Need we say more? This change has already been implemented into our systems effective 9/15/08.
[img]

Lead times
Though we have never struggled with lead times, we are currently running 1-2 weeks on just about all of the kits that are ordered (except coating scenarios, which we have no control over). We would like to speed that up some, so possibly we can ship an entire kit in less than 4 days, which means cutting our lead times in less than half. We will be doing this by increasing the overall individual components produced per production run. This means, that we will have atleast 20-30 sets of each component on the shelf at all times! Downpipes, intercooler pipes, intercoolers etc.....This will slowly ramp in as well. Estimated full swing on Jan 1 2009
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And that my friend is why you are the man!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

lets get some traction bars
Old 10-07-2008, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is that some sort of flex pipe going from the wastegate to the downpipe in the last pic?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got to hand it to you paul. you really know how to run a business. you are quick to fix any defects in your products, regularly offer specials and sales, stay very current as to whats going on in the scion community, and have the best customer service around. keep it up.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by 08superwhite
is that some sort of flex pipe going from the wastegate to the downpipe in the last pic?
Yes sir. We have been doing that for quite sometime to allow for engine flex.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
i got to hand it to you paul. you really know how to run a business. you are quick to fix any defects in your products, regularly offer specials and sales, stay very current as to whats going on in the scion community, and have the best customer service around. keep it up.
Thanks Brett. I try hard to be an active part in this community and as to what's going on. It is not easy doing all this, but I have a TRUE passion for performance on this platform and I try to make anything I can be possible for this community that will benefit all parties involved.

Again thanks for the kind words man.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice. If I were to buy a full kit instead of my custom, I would of went with Dezod
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

very nice!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome. I can't wait to get the money for my kit.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about the tubular manifold?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what if we wanted the wg to not recirculate?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ theres a downpipe for open wg.. thats the one i got the WG is so LOUD!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

wow awesome news. One day i will get the money for your kit.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
what about the tubular manifold?
Still in the works. We won't release anything until we are perfect in our eyes. We are on revision 5.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: |Dezod Motorsports| You asked, and we've listened.

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
As plenty of you know, our current promotion through the end of the year for our turbo systems involves FREE Shipping, a FREE Vac Manifold and a FREE Upgraded turbo. (all of these discounts are taken into account after the checkout processed is completed)

Anyway, we've listened to what you had to say about our kit, and are taking it stride. What will happen over the next 2-3 months?

Vac Manifold
We are currently providing a Vibrant Performance Vac block with every order. This will continue until year end. At that time we hope to have our line of Vac manifolds ready for distribution with our turbo kits. So, a Vac manifold will be a standard in all kits come Jan 1 2009.

Downpipes
We currently offer 3 different downpipe configurations and the stats on them have been tracked over the last year. We are going to discontinue the "Rebel", which is non-recirculated with no dump tube catless downpipe and are going to offer just the "Off-Road Special" which is a recirculated dump tube and catless & the "Legal Beagel" which is a catted downpipe with a recirculated dump tube. So in essence all downpipes will be recirculated and you will have a choice of catless or catted. The price on the catted will also come down $150-100 overall. We have discovered ways to make this system more cost effectively and are passing the savings onto you guys! This change will begin Jan 1 2009 as well. BY this date, will be stocking approximately 50 of each downpipe.

Turbocharger
All though we have had tremendous success with our frankenstein turbos we will build with Borg Warner and Garrett parts, we have made the decision to run with Precision turbos on our tC kits. Of course as plenty of you know, Precision uses 100% Garrett parts and offers a kick butt warranty on all of their turbos. Our blended turbos will still be available to you, but just upon request. This will not alter the price of the turbo systems, and overall this will be slowly integrated into systems between now and Jan 1 2009.

The Precision turbochargers will also have a more cost effective Ball Bearing options that will be implemented as well for a mere $300-450 instead of $450-550. So BB just got cheaper.

Manifold
Since almost the beginning of production, we where producing our manifolds one way. Time has shown us that this way, for some users, has lead to some small failures on manifolds. Our reject rate is approx 5%, which IMHO, is a little high. So we sat down here and devised a plan that should cut this rate to half if not less.

We have always had our Triple A manifold as an option. This manifold is retarded in stout with Schedule 40 304L stainless, 1/2" thick head flange, 1/2" thick T3 inlet flanges ect. The unit is produced with a different design using "t's" and "l's" and also is welded using the ASW process of industrial TIG welding using roots and hot passes on high all joints to maximize penetration and prevent failure. The manifolds weight approx 10-11 lbs each, and that should give you an indication of how well they are built.

The materials are prepped using a 2 step process where the welding will occur, and the overall unit is back-purged using 100% Pure Argon to ensure there is no internal contamination of the welds as well. So, overall this unit is guaranteed winner and we have had several of these running for 2-3 years on different turbo tCs with a ZERO failure rate on power levels from 225whp-400whp. Need we say more? This change has already been implemented into our systems effective 9/15/08.
[img]

Lead times
Though we have never struggled with lead times, we are currently running 1-2 weeks on just about all of the kits that are ordered (except coating scenarios, which we have no control over). We would like to speed that up some, so possibly we can ship an entire kit in less than 4 days, which means cutting our lead times in less than half. We will be doing this by increasing the overall individual components produced per production run. This means, that we will have atleast 20-30 sets of each component on the shelf at all times! Downpipes, intercooler pipes, intercoolers etc.....This will slowly ramp in as well. Estimated full swing on Jan 1 2009
Hey Paul I don't think my kit came with any of those free upgrades. I know it didn't come with the Vibrant Vac Block. Ballistic Motorsports made the order on Sep 2nd. Since I don't think mine came with any free upgrades will it be possible for me to receive them now?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default Re: |Dezod Motorsports| You asked, and we've listened.

Originally Posted by bone22
Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Vac Manifold

Downpipes

Turbocharger
All though we have had tremendous success with our frankenstein turbos we will build with Borg Warner and Garrett parts, we have made the decision to run with Precision turbos on our tC kits. Of course as plenty of you know, Precision uses 100% Garrett parts and offers a kick butt warranty on all of their turbos. Our blended turbos will still be available to you, but just upon request. This will not alter the price of the turbo systems, and overall this will be slowly integrated into systems between now and Jan 1 2009.

Manifold

[img]

Lead times
Hey Paul I don't think my kit came with any of those free upgrades. I know it didn't come with the Vibrant Vac Block. Ballistic Motorsports made the order on Sep 2nd. Since I don't think mine came with any free upgrades will it be possible for me to receive them now?
That promo started a month later than your order date. I will stand behind the vac manifold for you though. PM me your info.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod leading the way with turbo specials, I'll buy another kit if you throw in a built head -highly doubt it- you'll be hearing from me soon, Paul you have that turbo exhaust in stock or are they on backorder?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbtc06
Dezod leading the way with turbo specials, I'll buy another kit if you throw in a built head -highly doubt it- you'll be hearing from me soon, Paul you have that turbo exhaust in stock or are they on backorder?
In stock sir.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul,

You guys are always up to something, and its always better for the customer. Thumbs up!

Quick Reply: |Dezod Motorsports| You asked, and we've listened.