Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

*** Boxmans DIY turbo Build-up***

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSracer
I get the feeling that ZPI doesn't really know that much about turbos anyways. The only time they respond on SL is to defend their products, NEVER to help out with turbo questions or issues.
No, it's because we're just busy people. We spend hours on the phone talking to people, helping them with tech questions, and the only time we really have to spend on the internet is at home..

After working 10-12 hour days, 7 days a week, getting on SL to answer tech questions is not my top priority.. Spending time with my wife and my family is..

If you have a question, call the shop. We will talk to you. I've already spent an hour today helping a tC owner with a turbo kit they bought from someone else.

Alternatively, if you have a question, you can also post it on our forum at http://www.zpiracing.net/forum . Due to the lower traffic volume, you're very likely to get a response in a timely fashion.

Like I tell everyone I talk to on the phone, "if you need anything, let me know."

PEACE OUT!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
^^^ My exact thoughts on the Zpi comment. Trust me I was the number 1 or 2 Zpi hater on this board awhile back. Kenny and ZPI has made steps to improve and thats why they are involved in this project

Old 11-05-2006, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump for updates BOXMAN.. since you should be done playing in Vegas now ...
Old 11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

cant wait to see this one, on the STI note, i like top speed, and the STI just doesnt do it for me. i know i drive an xB, shutup.....bu tim building a sc300 but post updates often

*watching*
Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE: Zpi has failed to comment on if they want to be a part of this project so dezod will be doing ALL of it. Zpi was too slow to respond and till this date still has not.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE: Zpi has failed to comment on if they want to be a part of this project so dezod will be doing ALL of it. Zpi was too slow to respond and till this date still has not.
I know they have been overwhelmed with projects... Sorry to hear that BOXMAN..
Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

plus they were at SEMA for a week! they just got back a day or so ago
Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Good choice. You'll be happy with Dezod's stuff, and the fact that they actively participate in the community for a reason other than to just be on the defensive
Old 11-07-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

+1 for dezod :D i cant wait to get the funds for the Dezod S1
Old 11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sema is not an answer. I asked over a week before SEMA it should never take this long to respond back. Dont join the forums if you cant respond and be there to process sales.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be fair, they had to prepare for SEMA which would have had them busy for over a week before SEMA and you'd probably want to call them about a project than post on a forum, especially this forum which isn't even their own.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That's really no excuse - They were on and answered a technical question during SEMA week (see: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=146680). Wasn't Dezod at SEMA too? They were here just fine too.

I'm not trying to start anything here. This is Boxman's personal preference and experience. Both companies will do the job, but to do it within a Deadline requires work from both the vendor and the consumer.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Aren't there still people who have been waiting a month+ for their turbo kits from ZPI?

Service your customers adequately or go to a trade show. Hmmmmmm let me think...........
Old 11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI is obviously extremely popular. They have so many projects going, they have constant customer cars in the shop itself, and tons of people purchasing from them over the phone and off the site. Did you know they built a one off turbo kit for the Nissan Versa for Nissan Corp USA before SEMA?? (http://www.zeropointindustries.net/f...read.php?t=381) I am sorry I just can not see how people can judge the merit of an entire company based off a couple things you hear about on an online forum. They are extremely nice people and have all the best of intentions but sometimes you can not help the circumstances.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And that's called "Biting off more than you can chew."

Equally disasterous for the company and its customers.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Back on topic.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Thanks^^^ The reason ZPI was dropped was due to no response via email, via pm's, and phone calls got me no where. Dezod was kept on the project due to the ease of being able to get questions answered and work out easy options for payment. This is a long project and I will need a company I can count on.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
To be fair, they had to prepare for SEMA which would have had them busy for over a week before SEMA and you'd probably want to call them about a project than post on a forum, especially this forum which isn't even their own.

SEMA is a show started to help get the aftermarket intouch with the buyers and distributors of the products. In no way would going to SEMA be more important than taking care of the people you already have attracted to your brand. I was a potential customer willing to spend my hard earned money. Thats what you go to Sema looking for. So why go to Sema if you cant take care of the customer base you already have?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am sorry taking care of our paying customers has taken precedents to giving you a free set of injectors. We never committed to this project so to say we let you down is a bit of a stretch seeing we never committed to doing anything in the first place.

Supply a competitor’s turbo kit with our injectors is hardly the role we would like to play. I do apologize for not getting back with you to decline this project as we have been busy with other projects. I think this will be a great build and very informative to the scion community but at this time we have enough on our plate to keep up with.

We thank you for the opportunity and wish you the best of luck on this project!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
I am sorry taking care of our paying customers has taken precedents to giving you a free set of injectors. We never committed to this project so to say we let you down is a bit of a stretch seeing we never committed to doing anything in the first place.

Supply a competitor’s turbo kit with our injectors is hardly the role we would like to play. I do apologize for not getting back with you to decline this project as we have been busy with other projects. I think this will be a great build and very informative to the scion community but at this time we have enough on our plate to keep up with.

We thank you for the opportunity and wish you the best of luck on this project!!!
Thanks for the kind words. As I stated free was one option. I also stated I would be willing to pay full price. The issue I had was the ammount of time for a response and lack of general support when I had some technical questions. But I see your table is full ZPI and I respect you for that. If you want to get involved in the project email me and we can see where this can go... if not best of luck to you.

Quick Reply: *** Boxmans DIY turbo Build-up***