Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

*** Boxmans DIY turbo Build-up***

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you didnt want this thread to turn into a flame. Then you shouldnt of titled it like that.

The title leads any new readers to believe ZPI did something wrong. Which in turn brings up alot of BS.

If it were me doing a "DYI built" then thats how I would of titled it. Then maybe in that thread said that ZPI isnt involed. But never make the title that.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
ONE more thing Chris Rado knew who Dezod was but had no idea who Zpi was at that was at SEMA 06. I guess Dezod has just spent more time in the forums huh?
lol, Chris Rado is the man. And he knows his ****...
Old 11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
If you didnt want this thread to turn into a flame. Then you shouldnt of titled it like that.
It's not titled like that. It's nothing unless you make it into a flame. Which you are. Stop going off topic.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
wow once again Rythmnsmoke pulls through with his foot in his mouth. Just put a cork in it. Yes Zpi would have benifited I work for a corporation and the vehicle is on all printed scion material from that company. Just shut your mouth or Pm me to run it. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A DIY TURBO BUILD! ......AND HOW DARE YOU COMPARE DEZOD TO TRD SHAME SHAME SHAME!

How does that change the fact your only talking about buying injectors? Yeah, didn't know buying injectors = spending a lot of money...

And exactly WHAT corporation would that be? If you were paying attention, I was not comparing Dezod to TRD. I was comparing company sizes, work loads, and business workings. To which Dezod to me has the lightest load of all of them.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw

The title leads any new readers to believe ZPI did something wrong. Which in turn brings up alot of BS.

If it were me doing a "DYI built" then thats how I would of titled it. Then maybe in that thread said that ZPI isnt involed. But never make the title that.

Originally Posted by krdshrk
It's not titled like that. It's nothing unless you make it into a flame. Which you are. Stop going off topic.
Wow...
Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a belly button
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
I have a belly button
Is it turbo charged??
Old 11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Aren't DIY posts usually done after the DIY part?

Please keep belly button posts in the body parts forum...

....um... would that be a widebody? [/url]
Old 11-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Please do not drag this argument any more out on Grant's thread Travis. I do not feel it is appropriate and this always seems to evolve the same way....zpi this, zpi that....dezod vs zpi........it's getting REAL old.

Secondly, I feel we should not be negatively judged by the fact that we answer questions online and via phone frequently because we do what's called MULTI-TASKING. We answer phones, emails and PMs all while doing 1-2 other things. It is part of the way of life here. So please do not try to make it out like we make 1 sale per day and surf the web for hours on end, because it is not the case. We have several projects, have a well orchestrated team, which has recently grown by 2 people recently, one of which is being trained now as I type this.

I love how this stuff always seems to snidely leak out on your posts in defense of ZPI, and quite frankly I find it amusing.

Grant, the only valid point I see is retitling the thread. My $.02
Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
I have a belly button
Is it turbo charged??
twin charged duh what else, im just trying to get this back on the build guys
Old 11-08-2006, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Please do not drag this argument any more out on Grant's thread Travis. I do not feel it is appropriate and this always seems to evolve the same way....zpi this, zpi that....dezod vs zpi........it's getting REAL old.

Secondly, I feel we should not be negatively judged by the fact that we answer questions online and via phone frequently because we do what's called MULTI-TASKING. We answer phones, emails and PMs all while doing 1-2 other things. It is part of the way of life here. So please do not try to make it out like we make 1 sale per day and surf the web for hours on end, because it is not the case. We have several projects, have a well orchestrated team, which has recently grown by 2 people recently, one of which is being trained now as I type this.

I love how this stuff always seems to snidely leak out on your posts in defense of ZPI, and quite frankly I find it amusing.

1) No one is comparing you NEGATIVELY to anyone. All I was saying is that I don't see you "grunt" working sorta speak. I can't recall seeing any post by you/team picking up a welding torch to piece together turbo pipes. Did I say it was a bad thing, NO. I did not imply that you sold less than everyone, if it came off that way, my apologies. Just merely stating you have the time to do such. (how big is your staff by the way, just out of curiosity)?

2) I don't feel his title was appropriate, to which you agreed upon. Why would you find it amusing when you agree?

3) If I think it's BS, I'm going to call you out on it despite who he/she may be talking about. If I felt that someone was being stupid in a post about Dezod, I would do the same thing. That goes for anyone else that I think was being a bit of a child. (And yes I have stuck up for other people who I thought were being wrongly done)
Old 11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Parts update on 1st page!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So when is the project gonna be done BOXMAN, I bet ur excited.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you gonna run an open wastegate or tube or recirc it?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I am of the opinion that standing up for ZPI is pointless. They still lie, they still have people who haven't seen their turbo kits a month or more after buying them, people waiting months or more for refunds, and there's no amount of webcams, cheerleaders or advertising buyoffs on popular websites that will bring that reputation back. What will bring their reputation back is delivering on their promises and not making up excuses.

If they are doing enough business away from the internet where they have multiple cars in their shop, they should give up their online business and stick to what they're good at - servicing customers in person. Because on the internet they're just going to look shady for the reasons mentioned above - regardless of what the circumstances are.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Old 11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i love scionlife.com! Good luck with the build!
Old 11-08-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unvdistc
i love scionlife.com! Good luck with the build!
have u gotten ur car worked out and on the dyno
Old 11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So when is the project gonna be done BOXMAN, I bet ur excited.

I am aiming for a goal of feb 14th so I dont have to buy my Girl flowers to.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Are you gonna run an open wastegate or tube or recirc it?
I will be going with the Recirc method. I will be running a 3 pound spring in the wastegate and be using Rado's World Electronics boost controller. This will allow me to boost according to gear and rpms. In laymen terms better use of my power avaliable.

Quick Reply: *** Boxmans DIY turbo Build-up***