Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

05_ScionTC's build thread- Few questions on last page, need insight!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 05_ScionTC's build thread- Few questions on last page, need insight!!

First Attempt
So anyways as of last year around September of 09 i had started looking into FI but couldnt decide whether to go supercharger or turbo? well my decision changed quite quickly after reading through threads on here! About October of 09 i purchased a garrett .48 turbo off a guy and started piecing together my own setup ( Boosting on a budget ) but anyways i purchased what I could here and there. About decemberish i had everything I needed and all i had to do was put it on and tune it. Well things dont come that easily... Found out my next quarter of schooling from then on i had to pay out of pocket for, so had to sell the kit immeadiately. Spent about 2800 all together on it and got about 1600 back outta it, took a huge loss but economy sucks....so sold all i could and then just kept my car basically stock besides my megan drift spec for about 4 1/2 months or so.

Second Attempt
I wanted to get back into the FI scene and this time I wanted to not mess around and just buy a whole kit. Well I searched and searched and looked at the ZPI kits for sale on here and was leaning towards that, but didnt reach the goals I really wanted...So I waited and worked hard to make money, then wanted to piece together an S1 kit if possible. Later talked with a-mendoza and found out he had one and wanted to sell it but wasnt sure when he did. So i kinda pushed things forward and ended up purchasing his S1 kit for 2100 shipped minus the turbo....So I agreed on it and went ahead and purcahsed it. Great guy to talk with by the way!! So 3 weeks later i purchased his kit and a week or so later I recieved a HUGE box with all the goodies inside. First thing was first and I ripped it open and unwrapped everything, and started to ratlle can the IC black so I could be stealthy on the road. Basically heres my story of the journey and updates will be here periodically whenever I get new stuff in!!

UPDATE: recieved turbo kit 6/03
Contents inside:
-dezod manifold
-dezod IC piping
-dezod front mount IC
-Tial 38mm wastegate (.6 bar-8.7 psi)
-hks ssqv bov
-AEM FIC w/ PNP harness
-D-werks 550cc injectors
-AEM dryflow filter
-5 bolt downpipe
-S-pipe
-tbolts and couplers
-lots of bolts and screws as well!!

Still need:
- Talk to the tuners!!

UPDATE: ordered 57 trim turbo thru dezod 6/03
Currently still awaiting turbo but it was on back order, being sent out today as we speak though!

UPDATE: ordered AEM a/fr gauge from devildog
So found out i got ripped off 140 bucks now through him cause he sold that gauge in MAY!! heres a thread I made of him, tells the story there:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188246

UPDATE: ordered new set of gauges through NURSPEC
Since I got screwed over my 140 and a gauge i still needed some gauges so i caled up NURSPEC and talked with (GEOFF). Good guy!! anyways he got me a deal on both the wideband a/fr and boost gauge for both for 325 shipped to my door. couldnt really pass it up so i went ahead and ordered those today!

Small Update
Both my turbo and gauges have been shipped via UPS and will both be here on thursday!! Also talked with paypal and they were nice enough and are gonna open up a claim for me so I can get my money back! Hope this scumbag gets what he really deserves!

UPDATE:6/17
Got my gauges and turbo in just 15 mins ago! Got it all unwrapped! pics up as well. Big thanks to Paul at Dezod and Geoff at Nurspec!! One step closer to my goal!

PICS

My big box sent from a-mendoza
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Took little time to get on my projects and spray painted the IC black to hide like a NINJA!
[IMG][/IMG]

My goodie boxes
Name:  goodies9.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  26.3 KB

wonder whats in box number 1?
Name:  goodies8.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  68.6 KB

Box number 2!
[IMG][/IMG]

Name:  goodies5.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  29.2 KB

The all mighty TURBO!
Name:  goodies4.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  26.4 KB
Name:  goodies3.jpg
Size:  27.5 KB
Name:  goodies2.jpg
Size:  43.2 KB

And last my Stealthy ninja gauge setup!!
Name:  goodies1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  26.0 KB

Pics will be updated and added whenever I get the chance and get the parts in!! Working on taking pics of my BIG box!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
goodies9.jpg (26.3 KB, 18 views)
goodies8.jpg (68.6 KB, 43 views)
goodies5.jpg (29.2 KB, 25 views)
goodies4.jpg (26.4 KB, 27 views)
goodies3.jpg (27.5 KB, 28 views)
goodies2.jpg (43.2 KB, 22 views)
goodies1.jpg (26.0 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by 05_ScionTC; 11-29-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice one. Get those pics up. I like to see what you did to my old kit to fit your needs. Sorry to hear about you getting screwed over on the gauge. You should see if you can some how get your money back. Thats alot to loose IMO
Old 06-11-2010, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea I was not happy bout that but my mom helped me out big time with it!! So in 11 days he has to reply something valid but either way I get my money back and this guy is getting banned for life from both Scionlife and Paypal!!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how did you manage that? I thought you sent the money as a gift so you couldnt get refunded? Thats crazzy.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol yea! but the guy my mom talked to said hes gonna do this as a one time courtesy thing and open up a claim for me!! I got incredibly lucky with this and I am glad there are people out there that understand this stuff!! So the scumbag has 11 days to reply something valid otherwise i gets my money back! I hope he gets his huge load of karma dropped on him all at once!! just dumb how people do that crap
Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics of the big box ASAP please
Old 06-11-2010, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ lol i know, i have them i just have to post them up! They will be very soon! And next week i finally get the turbo and the gauges. My brothers talking to this guy to get me tuned for free since he works in their shop so thatd be awesome and save me some money! Doesnt the turbo from dezod come pre-drilled?
Old 06-12-2010, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes it should come predrilled so no worrys their. By the way, the intercooler looks sick!!! turned out way better than what i imagined it would. I would do the same but my car is far from ever looking stealthy with all the crazzy exterior mods i gots going on. Another thing you could do if you wanted to be stealthy is to keep the bottom grill placed.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea im keeping my bottom grill on so they really wont beable to see it then. I got a full proof ninja setup lol
Old 06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

recirculate the BOV. The BOV is really load and doing this will eliminate alot of that sound. Then nobody would even hear that thing.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to boosted life my friend. Sorry about the mishap you have to be careful who you buy from either here and espicially ebay. Make sure you read their prior seller experience. Good luck and post up some vids when your finally boosted.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well im not really worried bout the blow off valve, Cause I wanna hear that but i just dont want anyone to see the gauges on my pillar or whatnot, so thats why i crafted my setup like I did. Cause once they hear it ill be long gone down the road haha
Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

nice FMIC and good luck.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Thanks man, I appreciate it! Im gonna beable to finally do this without worry about having to sell it this time at least haha
Old 06-15-2010, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You still planing on painting the IC pipes? If so, more pics now please
Old 06-15-2010, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha i know, im trying to think about how I wanna do those, or what color I wanna do them! but only 2 more days and i get two more boxes of goodies!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Looking good! let's see it all on the car now.

On the AEM gauges, you should have given me a shout, I have plenty UEGOs on the shelf ready to ship.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya i agree paul...But he gave me an amazing price on the uego for 173 shipped and i couldnt pass that up since i got screwed out 140 from devildog...But i get my turbo on thursday that i ordered from ya!! prolly gonna order a few other parts here in the next couple days but gotta see what all it is i need. But thursday i get my turbo and gauges! so im excited for the double surprise there!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Awsome. im kinda wanting to see it all come together myself considering it was my kit at one point.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know man im excited as well!! cant wait to put the tubro on and hook up the gauges to see how they do!!

Quick Reply: 05_ScionTC's build thread- Few questions on last page, need insight!!