Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

'07 supercharged tc's: where you missing your belt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 AM
SL Member

Default '07 supercharged tc's: where you missing your belt?

i've had numerous problems with my local stealership (kearny mesa scion) and will never buy a scion/toyota/lexus again because of all the problems they caused/and gave me.

As for the topic at hand, for the past couple of weeks i've been hearing a noice at idle that sounded like a loose (s/c) belt.....so far i've had the s/c for maybe 1.5 months. When i bring my car in for the oil change and to get the s/c oil inlet(i think) cleaned(make sure your stealership does this every 3k miles, kearny mesa scion didnt know of this till i had them call trd) i tell them about the noise. The stealership (scion tech)calls me a few hours later and says that they needed to order a new belt and idler pulley "because the car was over-revved before the s/c was broken in". Yes i did hit red line a few times at the dyno, but i only did that because the people at scion said there was no break-in period for the s/c. When i went to pick up the car (after pully and belt was fixed) i spoke to the service writer and asked more about what would cause that. Service writer said it was because the trd s/c kit didnt come with a belt, so they used the belt that came on the car.....and thats what caused the idler pully to go bad.

my question's to you '07 guys are:

-have you had any problems with the plully?
- anyone else have belt issues? (and to those who did the install yourselves was there a belt in the kit?)
- and is there a break-in routine for the s/c?

thanks for any help
Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont own an '07, but the kit does come with a belt and they dont mention anything about a break-in period but when adding force induction kits you should take it easy for the first 500miles, just to be safe.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

07 kit does come with a belt, not possible to use the stock belt with the tc.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:09 AM
SL Member

thanks for the reply guys. what could happen if the s/c wasnt broken in? i dyno'd the car 1 week after the install (as said before i hit redline a few times on dyno).

Garage1217: did you do an '07 install?(so i know for sure before i go back to scion and find out the truth) and i also thought it was odd that a belt ment for a n/a motor could still manage to fit around an extra pully.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have done a few sc swaps Not possible for the stock belt to fit.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:02 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
I have done a few sc swaps Not possible for the stock belt to fit.
thanks for the reply 1217.......this just adds to the crap and all the lies they have told me, i swear i will never buy a toyota product again
Old 06-30-2007, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I hear your pain. I have delt with some of the most retarded stealerships around and had some of the worst time, but that never overshadows the fact that toyota makes one heck of a quality product and they make cars I like so I stick with them. I would try a different dealership if possible and tell the service advisor the headache you have gone through. Also keep a log of EVERYONES names and what they tell you when going to a stealership like the one you describe.