Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

07 ZPI Turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Wan
SL Member

anyone kno if inspection can be passed in Rhode Island if I have a turbo with no leaks and no CEL because of anti foulers? are anti foulers illegal?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not trying to be a d!ck, but it doesn't seem like you know too much about about running turbos. If you don't take care of a turbo properly it will come around to bite you in the ___ eventually. Why not just save your money and buy a beast car from the factory? Might just be me, but learning about turbos and how to have them work with your car seems like something to do with a 92 civic not a brand new tC. I personally wouldn't boost my tC now since I don't know squat compared to most of the guys on here, which is why I'll probably save up and get a G37 in a few years. But hey, that's just me, its your car do what you want with it.

Anti-Foulers arn't illegal. And if they were the only way the cops would be able to check it is if they got under you're car and checked the S-Pipe. All an Anti-fouler does is pull the 02 sensor away from the S-Pipe so what the sensor senses is limited. Therefore its reading less then it actually is therefore no CEL. Please Correct if I'm wrong.

Not sure about this. But if all is good you should be able to pass it in Rhode Island. But honestly, it'd be easier to get your car inspected at some crappy local gas station and just pay the guy.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Wan
SL Member

naw i like this turbo idea ive learned tons from reading and ****. this site has helped but how stuffworks and google r bom right now..........i'm confident in my mechanic skills so installing should be fine its just the safety that make me turn my head away from turbos......i dont wanna blow up my car u kno? and it seems as though the stage 0 ZPI is the safest kit to run b/c of PSI lvls and the fact that it can be run on stock internals.......
Eventually ill be introduced to turbos and own one....y not sooner than later?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you can understand turbos, why can't you understand what causes a cel, and how anti-foulers work?

anyway, you'll hve to check with your local laws and see what they test, how strick they are.

in md, they don't see to care. inspections are every 2 years, and at most they test gas cap seal, obdII test, exhaust can't leak, and there is a certain level of different gases it is allowed to emit.

i just got tested and all they did was check the gas cap, and a cel. but they didn't seem to really care either way.